Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Personally i like spoilers, knowing whats going to happen allows you to notice/enjoy the subtext of the what your watching more.
    Thats what the second viewing is for! All the best material (the wire, deadwood, breaking bad, game of thrones etc) are written well enough you always pick up more with a second viewing.

The flash has good first viewing experience and poor rewatchability however.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And this was specifically in reference to a crossover. Get over it.
    No, it wasn't. The actress is going to be on the flash laurel isn't coming to central city, it's not a crossover

It's a crossover of a slightly different flavor. It's still a crossover though since she's an Arrow character and this is her on another Earth. Hell, it's been reported as a crossover everywhere I've seen the story.
    Anything Ive seen has referred to it as "guest starring".

It's a crossover of a slightly different flavor. It's still a crossover though since she's an Arrow character and this is her on another Earth. Hell, it's been reported as a crossover everywhere I've seen the story.
    She's crossing over or guest starring or whatever as another character, so spoilers about that character might be something for this thread, but spoilers about her other character that isn't on this series are not so obvious. In any case, I don't know why it's worth still discussing, just agree to disagree and move on. You don't even really disagree that it was a spoiler, you spoiler tagged it, it's just a function of the system that there's no real context on what the spoiler might be without actually clicking on the spoiler.

Though, I guess with no new episode anyway, might as well keep talking about it, keep the topic active so it's easier to find when there's something to actually discuss.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Anything Ive seen has referred to it as "guest starring".
    Your both right, it is a cross over because she is playing her E2 version on Flash so she is a guest star. Just like in every cross over ever, they ones crossing are guest stars.

i mean, the arrowverse is one universe, its not really a crossover everytime one shows up in the other. i only consider the big events as "crossovers"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Though, I guess with no new episode anyway, might as well keep talking about it, keep the topic active so it's easier to find when there's something to actually discuss.
    No Flash *or* Arrow this week to talk about. About the only things going on are Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. Bleh.

So, the episode titles and summaries for the next 3 episodes of the Flash have been posted. There be spoilers within, such as what additional villains we'll be seeing in the next 3 weeks, and how Team Flash plans to get back to Earth-2, but it's light on the "how things turn out" type of spoilers. Lots of spoiler tags, in case you realize too late you didn't want to be clicking.

Episode #218 (04/19): "Versus Zoom" - BARRY IS READY TO FACE ZOOM; HUNTER ZOLOMAN'S STORY IS REVEALED - Equipped with the tachyon device, Barry (Grant Gustin) believes he is fast enough to stop Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) and wants to open the breaches to catch him. Harry (Tom Cavanagh) strongly advises against that plan but after Barry convinces him, Harry reveals that Cisco (Carlos Valdes) has the power to re-open the breach. Meanwhile, Hunter Zoloman's (Teddy Sears) painful story on Earth-2 is revealed.

Episode #219 (04/26): "Back to Normal" - WELLS IS ATTACKED BY DC COMICS' CHARACTER GRIFFIN GREY - A meta-human with super strength named Griffin Grey (guest star Haig Sutherland) mistakes Harry (Tom Cavanagh) for Earth-1 Harrison Wells and kidnaps him, demanding that Wells cure him from his current condition. Realizing another brilliant Wells could help track Griffin's location, Barry asks Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) to help. Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) corners Joe (Jesse L. Martin) about The Flash.

Episode #220 (05/03): "Rupture" - DC COMICS' CHARACTER RUPTURE COMES TO CENTRAL CITY WITH ZOOM - Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) arrives back on Earth-1 intent on taking over Central City. Barry (Grant Gustin) and Wells (Tom Cavanagh) come up with a plan to stop Zoom once and for all but it's extremely dangerous. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipps) is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe (Jesse L. Martin) thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is shocked when he vibes the Earth-2 villain Rupture, who happens to be his brother Dante's (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez) doppelganger. Rupture came to this Earth seeking justice for Reverb's death. Iris (Candice Patton) decides she's finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him.

patty or riot bitches! @_@

also.. wally probably isnt going to get powers this season is he?

i bet they'll pull a hawkgirl and have him get powers in like, the last 10 seconds or some shit.

i hope next season is just, speedsters, all the speedsters, wally, impulse, good jay if he lives, all the flashes.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Wasn't confirmed we'd be getting Bart this season? Though I could see him showing up being the cliffhanger ending setting up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Wasn't confirmed we'd be getting Bart this season? Though I could see him showing up being the cliffhanger ending setting up next season.
    no, just that they had plans of incorporating him at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    patty or riot bitches! @_@

also.. wally probably isnt going to get powers this season is he?

i bet they'll pull a hawkgirl and have him get powers in like, the last 10 seconds or some shit.

i hope next season is just, speedsters, all the speedsters, wally, impulse, good jay if he lives, all the flashes.
    Seeing how much of a jealous tool Wally has been towards Barry, hope he doesn't get them yet.

Hopefully next seasons baddie isn't another speedster, who is faster than Barry and spends the whole season getting faster.

I'd like to see Grodd be the big bad.

all the breaks has seriously taken any mojo out of the season for me. I don't even really care anymore. I'll still watch the end of the season but it will feel very going through the motions

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    all the breaks has seriously taken any mojo out of the season for me. I don't even really care anymore. I'll still watch the end of the season but it will feel very going through the motions
    Pretty much this. It really hurts the flow of the story for me. Mid-season breaks I can understand, but random weeks off are more distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Pretty much this. It really hurts the flow of the story for me. Mid-season breaks I can understand, but random weeks off are more distracting.
    You don't actually believe multi-billion dollar networks have random schedule breaks do you? The breaks are all planned, they just don't inform us well in advance of their intentions.

Here is season 1 schedule:
    October 10, 14, 21, 28 [2014]
    November 11, 18, 25 [2014]
    December 2, 9 [2014]

MID-SEASON BREAK

January 20, 27 [2015]
    February 3, 10, 17 [2015]
    March 17, 24, 31 [2015]
    April 14, 21, 28 [2015]
    May 5, 12, 19 [2015]

Now look at season 2:
    October 6, 13, 20, 27 [2015]
    November 3, 10, 12 [2015]
    December 1, 8 [2015]

MID-SEASON BREAK

January 19, 26 [2016]
    February 2, 9, 16, 23 [2016]
    March 22, 29 [2016]
    April 19, 26 [2016]
    May 3, 10, 17, 24 [2016]

As you can see, the season is nearly identical, its not random at all. Has it felt like there is a shortage of new episodes, yes, but look closely at those dates and you will see why this happened. The Flash was an unknown quantity season 1, they had no clue how it would be received, so they scheduled 3 episodes in February and May, sweeps time. Now that they know how popular the show is, the network moved a March show to February, and an April one to May. Why? Money of course, they can ask more money for commercials for The Flash this year than they could last year, so they shuffled two episodes into the time of the year they could generate the most revenue.

NOT RANDOM!
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-04-18 at 05:12 AM.

Fair enough, but it still sucks when we get back from a break, have 1 episode, then go on a break again XD

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Fair enough, but it still sucks when we get back from a break, have 1 episode, then go on a break again XD
    Yes it does suck

No more breaks until the end of the season, though, so they'll have time to build up to a climax again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Hopefully next seasons baddie isn't another speedster, who is faster than Barry and spends the whole season getting faster.
    Yeah hopefully we get more of Flash enemies like Boomerang, Mirrormaster, tatoo dude (which name I forget), etc....