Quote Originally Posted by Aimscoes View Post
    We could agree on that and i hope that wouldn't happen but have it somewhat like nostalrius. a overall / main server
    But they can't do that without alienating realm types and regions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    We're questioning if even one vanilla server would be worthwhile and that's your answer?
    No, that's my answer to another persons question and on that topic there is not 1 private server out there that's popular but more of other expansions as well.
    So of course IF u take 1 legacy server into consideration you'd have to take the others into it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    #PrayforNostalrius
    #NostalriusGate

Feel free to use those, constantly.
    How about no?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed i agree but people can speculate and defend whatever they want but none will be right until we actually had the answers from seeing it ourself but with the shown grown interest over the phast years for the hunger of vanila servers i can only assume it could go 1 direction.

Take a look on Minecraft, they have legacy servers, it went good for them but sure that's a whole other story but people do want legacy servers
    But that's not what'll convince Blizzard. They need to see a strategy to grab these players (who largely have the mindset of not paying for a legacy server) and be able to retain a subscription.
    Over a hundred million players have ever played wow. 150k players were actively playing a classic server in 2016, barely breaking even with rented equipment and a volunteer team. Meanwhile there're a few multiboxers on retail who pay for 40 accounts per.
    Classic servers are *tough* sell.

There is no content to ask for.
    Release the server with it's full content vanila server from start with everything and once people finished up there they can move on to the full established TBC one
    and so on. IF u want new content go to the retail.
    Wait, so not only do you want them to make legacy servers for vanilla, but for TBC too? So you want to split the already small nostalgic playerbase even further? Yeah, don't think that's happening.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

So of course IF u take 1 legacy server into consideration you'd have to take the others into it as well.
    And you can't see what the problem is in that?

Okay, so now instead of just one server, we have 9 for each expansion. You see how this starts to be come a problem?
    Seems to be way over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    (who largely have the mindset of not paying for a legacy server)
    That's where your speculation is wrong. I hadn't talked to a single person on Nostalrius who wouldn't be willing to pay for an official legacy server before they shut down Nostalrius.

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    150k players were actively playing a classic server in 2016, barely breaking even with rented equipment and a volunteer team.
    Why do you keep mentioning this? You know they intentionally made it so that users couldn't donate for a lot of the server's lifespan, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Okay, so now instead of just one server, we have 9 for each expansion. You see how this starts to be come a problem?
    Well i do but again, if volunteer people can make such things happens Blizzard could and i don't doubt them for a second about it but it looks like some people deny anyting and everything is impossible. You gotta have faith and actually work for stuffs to happen and you can make anything possible, sounds like some dream speech but it's fucking do-able.

More likely they'll need dozens for each expansion at launch, then merge and close a load to get it down to 6 each after the tourists have moved on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa whoa. So long as we're on the MoP version when the battle healer glyph was totally broken, I'm in.
    As soon as they go off that patch, gg I'm going to a private server where they give give us what players *really* want.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Wait, so not only do you want them to make legacy servers for vanilla, but for TBC too? So you want to split the already small nostalgic playerbase even further? Yeah, don't think that's happening.
    PvE/PvP/RP x NA/EU/KR/Oceanic/Asia = 15 New Servers + 15 TBC + 15 Wotlk (because why not) maybe Cata/Mop too but thats a little bit too soon maybe.

So we are hypotheticaly talking 45 new servers.

Well i do but again, if volunteer people can make such things happens Blizzard could and i don't doubt them for a second about it but it looks like some people deny anyting and everything is impossible. You gotta have faith and actually work for stuffs to happen and you can make anything possible, sounds like some dream speech but it's fucking do-able.
    I'm sure it is doable, just not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Who said anything about splitting and what makes you think retail players would leave for vanila servers?
    You're basically defending and saying that old expansion servers are not good becuase none would play on them but then you start talk about it would split the community? Sounds like you just hit a wall with yourself mate.

And it wouldn't split them but also bring in more people who would like to enjoy these times on legal servers instead of all splited up on private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Newsflash for the anti legacy server guys: Then those guys are not quite the target audience here. As people who want Vanilla WoW want just that - vanilla wow. Not [whatever updates might be introduced].

People want to experience the Ever-Evolving World? Regular servers are said way.
    Which goes back to the original point: That the current bunch of freeloaders aren't going to pay forever for never evolving content. Which means that once those numbers start dropping hard and they will drop hard, even if it's profitable in the short term, it sure as hell isn't profitable in the long term.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aejt View Post
    I'd argue that 150.000 active players is a huge part as retail is currently down to ~2 million subs (from what I've heard). Even if going by Blizzard's last report, 4 million, it's still a very big part.
    No, retail is up to 9 mill subs while nost had 9k active accounts (like in the vids)
    from what I have heard [yes, I can make up numbers too]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    PvE/PvP/RP x NA/EU/KR/Oceanic/Asia = 15 New Servers + 15 TBC + 15 Wotlk (because why not) maybe Cata/Mop too but thats a little bit too soon maybe.

Yeah, because the PvP to PvE to RP ratio is definitely 1:1:1. They could skip RP, and even PvE if they wanted to. Was that really so hard to think of yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aejt View Post
    Fair enough, but they didn't even want to take donations or make money, so how much money the received from the players isn't a very good way to measure their success. If they had a "DONATE HERE!"-button on their website, I can assure you that they'd have made quite a bit more, but they'd also lose the respect from a lot of the users.
    Respect aside, I thought it was pretty plain that they taking money was the start of their legal downfall in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm sure it is doable, just not worth it.
    Well that's nothing neither me or you can answer before we seen the results of it.
    I am all for it and you're agains it, that's fine but at the end we need to see results and i belive in the future we will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post

Well since the answer seems to be nothing short of pure magic from some of them that should be fairly easy and profitable.

Has this been posted yet? Can't think of a more amusing way to sum up this thread!