Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Your analogy breaks down completely when you realize that in this case, you cannot purchase a TV anywhere else in the world.
    On the CONTRARY my friend! cause even then you're NOT allowed to STEAL

Quote Originally Posted by aejt View Post
    Anyone reasonable would agree with me though that most people aren't hardcore PvE/RP-server fans who would never even think about playing on any other kind of server, even if we're talking about their favorite expansion of one of the influential titles ever made. Stay ignorant though, hopefully one day you'll look back and cringe at how close-minded you were.
    Yes, call me close minded and in the same sentence you want ONLY pvp legacy servers and fuck the PVE/RP guys.....

#FuckNostalriusAndMayItBeForgottenFastUntilTheNextKillAndWeGetAnotherLongThread

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    On the CONTRARY my friend! cause even then you're NOT allowed to STEAL

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, call me close minded and in the same sentence you want ONLY pvp legacy servers and fuck the PVE/RP guys.....

No, but how'd your neighbor even get a TV in the first place if they don't exist?

Bad analogy is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I understand Blizzard has any right to take it down but it doesn't go in line with the way they treat their older games from other franchises. Shame that I can go play Diablo 1 and 2 yet I can't play Vanilla WoW...

I understand a lot of you on here still like retail but there are a lot of us that really like older iterations of the game. Why can't that be okay for us to play them? Blizzard has fucked us quite a few times since Wrath (Cata for some but ToC patch from Wrath was the beginning of feeling fucked for me) and yet we go back and sub and keep playing a game, get burned out because the game isn't what it used to be and say it sucks then we just buy the next expansion. Funny how legion is $60 when no other expansion has ever reached that price, they're not even planning for it to last nor do they intend to make as much money from subs. Like it's in the open yet nobody realizes at this point it's just milking the playerbase bringing back old villains like Illidan just to make a quick buck.

It's fucking grimey and we can't reward behavior like, "You don't know what you want, we do" kind of shit.
    Hey everyone

Well, here's something.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=43305

Hey guys. I got someone from Blizz to call me back and I think we had a productive discussion about the Nostalrius situation.

I spoke with a rep named Amanda. We had a really long conversation. I think the take-aways are that Blizzard is listening. All the employees have read the Reddit AMA and they are aware the petition is almost at 60k signatures. And they are getting so many phone calls and chat requests and tickets from us about this matter that it is disrupting business and they can't service the regular tickets. This is positive action because they cannot ignore our complaints.

Of course she could not give me information but she did tell me that she and all the Blizz employees have their opinions about this matter. So we know they are thinking about it. And when she at first told me that she was in Support and unable to take my complaint I told her that the way Blizz is structured there is NO WAY I could contact the appropriate department, and I was lucky to get anyone on the phone. And she told me I can communicate on forums and I told her both of my posts were deleted. So she said that a deleted post can still be seen by devs. And I said well it would be good if you let people know that because right now we don't think you are hearing us. And I told her MM should release a statement so we know they are listening to us and acknowledging us.

She said something is "in the works". Whatever their response is. So I think the take-away is that they are listening, and our efforts to make a loud noise IS WORKING. I do believe they are paying attention to us. They may not DO what we want them to do or take any action at all, but I think knowing they are reading, watching and listening to our conversations about this is far more positive than believing they don't care about us, or that saying anything is hopeless.

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE. Don't give up. They are listening.
    Sounds real enough but always skeptical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    They could gauge interest by region. Launches of WoW have typically been staggered regionally, so this isn't anything new. If there's no real market for vanilla in China, no need to open the servers.

But yes, there are more logistics behind this than most think.
    It's called opening a Pandora's Box. The moment you put up vanilla servers you are setting a precedent, you are telling the whole world that any plurality of players can demand you set up servers for whatever fancy they have. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Once the ugly precedent is set, why no stop at Vanilla or TBC or Wrath servers? How about free-for-all PVP servers? There's a group of people here that want this! Do it! Then there's another group over here that would like hardcore mode like Diablo. Set up another server! You see where I am going.

So yes, it's a whole lot more complicated than just getting money from supposed 150k players. And Blizzard ain't masochistic.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

You're making up things again because I never said that, but I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong side either. I said if it was the only way they'd be able to finance it, most people would be okay with not having RP/PvE servers. This time I made some words bold so you can give it some extra thought on what I might mean by them.

Anyways, I'm assuming you're a troll, and even if you aren't, you're definitely not worth having a discussion with.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Well, here's something.

They're always listening to constructive advice/criticism. The real question is, how much of the discussion between people about retro servers is actually constructive

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here's something.

Blizzard employees know things a year in advance usually, this includes customer service.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by aejt View Post
    In what way is it insane? A team of 30 (that includes GMs and testers, developers is more likely closer to 10) were able to do it reasonably well without anything to go after other than memory and scarce resources on the internet, why wouldn't Blizzard be able to do it when they even have the source?

They could start a few servers every year in vanilla and progress through the expansions again, and it wouldn't even be very expensive for them to do it.
    How many times does it have to be said? The things Blizzard would have to do have nothing to do with what the illegal servers did. It's a completely different process involving multiple departments and tech and support.

What they do for the illegal server is a small, small fraction of the work Blizzard would have to do, to release a commercial version of patch 1.0 servers.

This idiotic "30 people did it" nonsense needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post

And that is something you cannot recreate with a legacy server.
    are you sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    The problem is that it couldn't be just a 'handful of people', and see what Gadzooks said above.
    Well, here's something.

I highly doubt it.
    There is also a lot of fake names in that petition
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    #PrayforNostalrius
    #NostalriusGate

Feel free to use those, constantly.
    And this one:
    #nostalriuscommunitywasgarbage

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It's called opening a Pandora's Box. The moment you put up vanilla servers you are setting a precedent, you are telling the whole world that any plurality of players can demand you set up servers for whatever fancy they have. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Once the ugly precedent is set, why no stop at Vanilla or TBC or Wrath servers? How about free-for-all PVP servers? There's a group of people here that want this! Do it! Then there's another group over here that would like hardcore mode like Diablo. Set up another server! You see where I am going.

So yes, it's a whole lot more complicated than just getting money from supposed 150k players. And Blizzard ain't masochistic.
    I say indeed why not stop at vanilla? Unless their version control is so shit that all the old server-side scripting (i.e. all the stuff that was/is original non-Blizzard code Nostalrius and other servers use--I think that's a distinction a lot of people don't understand) actually is gone, in which case that's just beyond embarrassing. The FFA PVP realm thing is kind of a weird example to give of a further case, because that's way simpler than setting up old expansions. Not to mention, considering how many low-pop servers there are, and the space cleared up on all servers recently (their answer to "why is my High/Full server Medium now?"), I really doubt any of these potential permutations would actually require new hardware.
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINGBRODADDY View Post
    are you sure about that?
    http://i.imgur.com/1mdw28e.jpg
    A massive amount of players that AREN'T his friends. Why do so many people not understand how to fucking read?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    How many times does it have to be said? The things Blizzard would have to do have nothing to do with what the illegal servers did. It's a completely different process involving multiple departments and tech and support.

What they do for the illegal server is a small, small fraction of the work Blizzard would have to do, to release a commercial version of patch 1.0 servers.

This idiotic "30 people did it" nonsense needs to stop.
    What's your reasoning behind that?

Well, here's something.

They consider this so important that instead of actually addressing said community with a broad message they address this ONE GUY to pass on to the rest. Aka, the message is fake. As if that wasn't obvious enough.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    As fake as the petition of them....

#nostalriuscommunityISgarbage

As fake as the petition of them....

#nostalriuscommunityISgarbage
    Spamming this thread with that hashtag seems pretty toxic itself. Just a remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Spamming this thread with that hashtag seems pretty toxic itself. Just a remark.
    Toxic, pehaps... But not untrue.

I'm also putting it in the WoW forums, on twitter, and on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    He's not here to add anything useful to the discussion, just to stir things up. By reading this thread I remember why I stopped browsing these forums and turned to reddit instead.