10+ Year Old Account
    I think i stated in Discord it once, the problem is not it being Illegal, but how people shit on people that liked to play on it or liked vanilla WoW in general.

I still liked vanilla WoW more than current WoW.
    Sig by Thor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    I think i stated in Discord it once, the problem is not it being Illegal, but how people shit on people that liked to play on it or liked vanilla WoW in general.

That also works the other way around mind you, just by looking at the threads popping up and even from what I remember from when I played years ago.
    People are jerks.

I'm not going to "shit on" anyone for enjoying Vanilla WoW over retail, but there are, objectively, a lot of flaws in Vanilla design.

They were easy to overlook at the time, because the competition was garbage and MMOs were pretty fringe at the time, but looking back they are huge.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account

I am in the camp that does not care yeah it sucks it happens but what can you do.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    nothing i love is illegal...
    Private servers on their own aren't illegal, as far as I know. As long as they're not making money, at least.

There's nothing morally wrong about it, as far as I'm concerned, and that's the only place I care. Nostalrius was hosting a game that no longer exists.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about "what is better", it's just people shitting so heavily on them. I don't care what got better and what not, it's about the "feeling" and how you experience your own stuff. Of course vanilla WoW was my first WoW and MMO experience, but that doesn't mean i can't say that some aspects were shit, that's not the point for me. I just don't like that people bash them and that they tried to get recruits here on a very big WoW forum. Not unusual to go to places like this or maybe reddit. Just seeing a thread about them looking for people shouldn't be something to get annoyed about, there're plenty of other things you could get annoyed here about, that also get often posted.

And them saying how much better it is...well, you have this on both sites, so blaming one site only is stupid too.
    Sig by Thor

Deleted
    And them saying how much better it is...well, you have this on both sites, so blaming one site only is stupid too.
    This.

The argument "Vanilla had a lot of objective flaws" means absolutely nothing. It's not what this whole thing is about. Of course it had flaws, even Planescape Torment, Fallout New Vegas, Half Life and Portal, some of the most loved and most important PC games ever made, had and has flaws. It's about what it did right, what it offered that retail no longer does. And what it offered was a heavy focus on the RPG element in MMORPG, which I personally miss. Class quests, trainers, weapon masters, elites and chests in the world, elite quests, less powerful spells, in vanilla you were not a hero, you were just a simple <insert class here>. And that's what I miss, and that's why I played Nost. It has nothing to do with Vanilla being or not being a better game than WoD, or nostalgia circlejerking or anything like that. It's a completely different game, and all it's flaws and strengths add up to a whole other experience than WoW is today. An experience I vastly prefer. And now an experience I can no longer get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusitavia View Post
    This.

The argument "Vanilla had a lot of objective flaws" means absolutely nothing. It's not what this whole thing is about. Of course it had flaws, even Planescape Torment, Fallout New Vegas, Half Life and Portal, some of the most loved and most important PC games ever made, had and has flaws. It's about what it did right, what it offered that retail no longer does. And what it offered was a heavy focus on the RPG element in MMORPG, which I personally miss. Class quests, trainers, weapon masters, elites and chests in the world, elite quests, less powerful spells, in vanilla you were not a hero, you were just a simple <insert class here>. And that's what I miss, and that's why I played Nost. It has nothing to do with Vanilla being or not being a better game than WoD, or nostalgia circlejerking or anything like that. It's a completely different game, and all it's flaws and strengths add up to a whole other experience than WoW is today. An experience I vastly prefer. And now an experience I can no longer get.
    I really enjoyed doing the paladin epic mount quest or helping with the warlock mount quest, this was fun stuff, something they took from us.
    I mean, in legion a paladin at least finally gets a libram at his belt, which is nice.
    Sig by Thor

10+ Year Old Account
    Omgoodness I loved the Warlock quest chain for the mount. And then once I got it, I felt a super sense of achievement not only is having it, but using my items and knowledge to help others get theirs to save them time and money.

The quest to get the Doomguard summon was great too. As was the Doomguard summoning ritual that sacrificed one party member. It was even better when it looked exactly like the Healthstone ritual and you put it down in a 25 man raid.

Or putting Bane of Doom on the wolves outside of Stormwind, proccing a Doomguard, taking it into town and releasing it in the Auction House. Or doing that with an Infernal.

Oh, I got off track.

Warlocks are not what they used to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Have Kitten to help cheer you up

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

I am quite glad I got to experience the warlock epic mount quest
    that was good times

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    I am quite glad I got to experience the warlock epic mount quest
    that was good times
    Indeed it was Sir Golden