Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You were playing a free illegal game.

These people...
    I still seriously don't get why people want vanilla. Not being able to play a druid without being forced to heal if you wanted to do any form of raiding as an example.. faction specific classes, it sounds horrible..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    My take on the journey to where WoW is now and how Blizzard lost touch with their player base is because of Wrath. Yes that's right Wrath was part of the cause. Now before you sharpen your torches and light your pitchforks, let me explain.

As we all know, Wrath was the time where WoW's subs peaked, reaching 12 million at one point. That's a staggering amount, and it happened very quickly. Parsing that big of a player base to determine how the game should be made is just impracticable if not impossible. Thus they had to start designing with a far broader stroke. To put it in an easy to understand way, they had 12 million mouths each with a different favorite food and only so much stove space. They just couldn't design a game with 12 million people in mind and it collapsed in on itself, leading Blizzard to have to take a step back and let the player base sort itself out and in the process made them less in touch with them.
    They were in touch about the same, the main difference being Wrath was WC3-like story that all those WC3 fans wanted to touch on.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

The Vanilla private server only proved people want that in the main game again. Their excuse they cant do it again makes no sense. They have tons of low or no population servers already, making a few Vanilla content only wouldnt hurt them. If making a few vanilla servers brought back a lot of old players that just enjoyed that content , would help get subscriptions up also.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You were playing a free illegal game.
    From the sounds of all the sentiments you have posted, you would be perfectly okay if you logged back into WoW immediately after purchasing Legion and your account got frozen indefinitely for something ridiculous because "they're allowed to do that." Things are so black and white with you that I imagine you would just shrug it off and move on, because anything else is ridiculous and illogical since it's in their terms of service that they can close your account whenever they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    I still seriously don't get why people want vanilla. Not being able to play a druid without being forced to heal if you wanted to do any form of raiding as an example.. faction specific classes, it sounds horrible..
    Class distribution on Nost reflects this. All the shitty classes and specs were even more under-represented than they ever were on retail.
    Hardly a convincing argument for legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    They seem to completely forget about the horrendous class balance and game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I was just going to link this and I agree 100% with Jontron. People played on Nostralius because the current game to them isn't worth it. They want to play Vanilla WoW and that's what Nostralius provided.
    It really didn't. It was somewhat vanilla-like (vanilla flavored if you wish) experience, but it was nowhere near actual vanilla wow. And to answer your question why i think so - how many prot warriors with staff equipped did you met during leveling? Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    From the sounds of all the sentiments you have posted, you would be perfectly okay if you logged back into WoW immediately after purchasing Legion and your account got frozen indefinitely for something ridiculous because "they're allowed to do that." Things are so black and white with you that I imagine you would just shrug it off and move on, because anything else is ridiculous and illogical since it's in their terms of service that they can close your account whenever they want to.
    Atleast I would have some leg to complain on, for a product I paid for.

Vanilla wow had to do more with the community, and people being involved with each other in world and guild wise. The unbalance and certain problems were not a huge deal. People enjoyed logging in each day, and playing more hours with friends. People still enjoy classic games , even with horrible graphics and problems , because it was their first taste of what it was to be a gamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It really didn't. It was somewhat vanilla-like (vanilla flavored if you wish) experience, but it was nowhere near actual vanilla wow. And to answer your question why i think so - how many prot warriors with staff equipped did you met during leveling? Exactly.
    I can't give an opinion of the server since I never played on it unfortunately. I'm only going by what I'm being told. Which isn't much since this is just 500 pages of how anyone who played on this server is a cheap asshole who is stealing from Blizzard when they probably weren't gonna pay for retail anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Now why would people be in Ironforge in retail WoW? This is such a dumb image
    I don't know, maybe because it's nice to see people in cities instead of hiding in their garrisons?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post

I miss the World of Warcraft.

OH hey friend...We all kind of left Ironforge and went to a different city. I know its kinda crazy and all for us to move but ya know it a part of life. Cya in w.e town we hang out next

Quote Originally Posted by tinybaby View Post
    Vanilla wow had to do more with the community, and people being involved with each other in world and guild wise. The unbalance and certain problems were not a huge deal.
    Except people complained about them all the time on the forums and in game, which led to changes in TBC, but let's just ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    There were a lot of bad design choices in vanilla, but there are a lot of bad design choices with every expansion. What you find important, another may not find important. Obviously a lot of people liked Vanilla enough to sink hundreds of hours into a private server, which is always a gamble.
    I can respect that. I wouldn't want to go back to that , but can still respect it.

I'm fairly confident this has been said somewhere in this huge fucking thread, but, let me say this anyway:

Blizzard will NOT create legacy servers. It takes away from their main product and they want you playing their main product. If they created legacy servers, you'd not play their main product anymore therefore all the hard work they've gone into creating the new expansion sets or patches will be pointless. This is why they will not create legacy servers.

It will hurt their game. See, World of Warcraft is a living, breathing, constantly evolving game. It needs to evolve to keep the storylines going. Staying in the past is like playing the same 30 minutes of a single player game over and over and over and never going on to see the rest of the game.

Besides all that, classic is and was a broken mess. Nothing worked properly, quest placement/completion was a bitch, classes didn't work properly, etc.

Move on from this already. There's things in your past that I'm sure you wish you could relive but you cannot. It's the past. Let it stay there and just cherish the memories.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

Nowhere near actual Vanilla? So you're saying you never tried the server, then. Because it was damn near 2004 all over again. What a silly statement.

To answer your question: A couple? I understand where you're trying to go with it, but there are at least decent arguments you could be making instead. This is grasping at straws. You could have said something genuine like: The entirety of the content was run at patch 1.12 which "nerfed" bosses to a degree. But, you're talking about staff-wielding prot warriors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    I don't know, maybe because it's nice to see people in cities instead of hiding in their garrisons?
    Have you been to any city when timewalking (or whatever they are called) week starts? Or have you been to any relevant to current content city and not in shitforge or crapgrimmar? They are full of people. Maybe get out of your garrison first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

How many warriors did they meet wearing spirit gear on Nos?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypothermia View Post
    I'm fairly confident this has been said somewhere in this huge fucking thread, but, let me say this anyway:

Blizzard will NOT create legacy servers. It takes away from their main product and they want you playing their main product. If they created legacy servers, you'd not play their main product anymore therefore all the hard work they've gone into creating the new expansion sets or patches will be pointless. This is why they will not create legacy servers.

It will hurt their game. See, World of Warcraft is a living, breathing, constantly evolving game. It needs to evolve to keep the storylines going. Staying in the past is like playing the same 30 minutes of a single player game over and over and over and never going on to see the rest of the game.

Besides all that, classic is and was a broken mess. Nothing worked properly, quest placement/completion was a bitch, classes didn't work properly, etc.

Move on from this already. There's things in your past that I'm sure you wish you could relive but you cannot. It's the past. Let it stay there and just cherish the memories.
    Private servers don't seem to hurt the retail version of WoW, I'm not quite sure why Legacy servers would do that.

And on top of that, even if it was a broken mess, that doesn't seem matter to people who want to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    OH that video...man that video that was made to just get views.......
    Nah, Jontron has expressed multiple times on the co-optional podcast and some streams that he doesn't like how WoW changed and that he loved Vanilla - WoTLK.