SMH at these pirates and the people that play on their realms and how they think Blizzard should be flattered by what's essentially a middle finger to them.

Pirates: we want vanilla servers
    Blizzard: We're not going to offer that because it's not worth our time
    Pirates: Well, F you then, we're going to get it hosted and play it anyway, and we dare you to stop us! We have 150K active players! You should be flattered.
    Blizzard: lawyers, shut this down!

Seriously, this isn't even schadenfreude. I'm not happy about anyone's misfortune, because there is none. Misfortune is your house burning down or being diagnosed with MS or some other dreadful disease. This here is your drug dealer getting arrested. This is how the FUCK did you think this was going to end? People need to grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Illegal by Blizzards rules maybe Plenty of them still running and more rising eventually.
    And most of them are out to steal your stuff as soon as Nos releases their code, because people are dumb enough to register with identical info in two places.

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    So, you're more of a TBC legacy server guy?
    Gonna be honest, I'd play the hell out of a wrath legacy server.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, community of nostalrius solved it (balance issues) by literally (not literally) going 50/50 warrior/rogue population kappa
    These are some very inconvinient facts we're dealing with here. I don't think they can handle this. Better stop.

Have you been to any city when timewalking (or whatever they are called) week starts? Or have you been to any relevant to current content city and not in shitforge or crapgrimmar? They are full of people. Maybe get out of your garrison first?
    On the server I play on (Hyjal US) it's mostly Horde and there is nobody in Warspear, either. Trade chat has a message like once every 30 minutes maybe. This used to be a medium to high population server not that long ago, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    This is how the FUCK did you think this was going to end? People need to grow up.
    The most confusing thing is people blaming blizzard for protecting their IP. Why don't you blame people who was talking about your private server all over the internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Illegal by Blizzards rules maybe Plenty of them still running and more rising eventually.
    Illegal by most countries rules. Some countries are just ok with people harming another countries companies.

But yea they can rise and take a chance of being shutdown again I suppose.

The most confusing thing is people blaming blizzard for protecting their IP. Why don't you blame people who was talking about your private server all over the internet?
    Blizzard wouldn't exist without us.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Yea why are u guys not dragging that streamer out on the streets and beating him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    On the server I play on (Hyjal US) it's mostly Horde and there is nobody in Warspear, either. Trade chat has a message like once every 30 minutes maybe. This used to be a medium to high population server not that long ago, too.
    That sucks, tried migrating/rerolling to a proper server then? I used to play on one like that, then i transfered and in next month the population issue was fixed by a merge of servers and i kinda wasted money -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Why don't you blame people who was talking about your private server all over the internet?
    Because it would stare at them in the mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    <insert company name> wouldn't exist without us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    And this refutes nothing he said on top of being a completely useless statement. Neither would a million other companies but that doesn't give people the right to rip off their products or use them without consent. Any business that allows that is likely a TERRIBLE fucking business.

I think the issue is deeper than "blaming Blizzard for protecting their IP".

Like, I think the biggest part of this that I can agree is ridiculous is the notion of Blizzard flat out saying "you really don't want legacy servers". Like, that's pretty dense of them, obviously people do, otherwise there wouldn't even be private servers. And to add onto that thought, if one of the biggest ones had 150k players, and there's multiple of these servers out there, I would think that's pretty sustainable in terms of investment for Blizzard. You don't need over a million people to make it worth creating.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    He is talking about how people were back in Vanilla. Most of the players had no clue what they were doing but was able to get by. This was one of the Nostalgic things about wow....you had a shit ton of people that had no clue what to do. I seriously doubt nos had that many people who were completely new to the game. Just people stuck in 2004.
    Actually, there were a lot of people new to WoW on Nostalrius. It surprised the hell out of me, but there were. Obviously not as much as retail because, well, it was new to everyone then. But, to what both you and he are saying, the percentage of idiots from retail Vanilla compared to Nostalrius Vanilla was pretty even.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think the issue is deeper than "blaming Blizzard for protecting their IP".

Like, I think the biggest part of this that I can agree is ridiculous is the notion of Blizzard flat out saying "you really don't want legacy servers". Like, that's pretty dense of them, obviously people do, otherwise there wouldn't even be private servers. And to add onto that thought, if one of the biggest ones had 150k players, and there's multiple of these servers out there, I would think that's pretty sustainable in terms of investment for Blizzard. You don't need over a million people to make it worth creating.
    Yes "plenty" of people playing a free game, no one's denying that. How many of them would be willing to pay is the question...

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    I think this about to blow up: "they are getting so many phone calls and chat requests and tickets from us about this matter that it is disrupting business and they can't service the regular tickets".
    They should just make a bot that closes all those tickets and perma bans those idiots spamming ticket system with garbage.

I think this about to blow up: "they are getting so many phone calls and chat requests and tickets from us about this matter that it is disrupting business and they can't service the regular tickets".
    I called blizz too and Susan told me the total opposite.

Besides the people who answer the phones are at call centers and they are not decision makers. This just shows how dumb these ppl can be.
    Last edited by stomination; 2016-04-11 at 04:57 AM.

they'll eventually tell people to fuck off, pestering them and just spamming them isn't how you get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yes "plenty" of people playing a free game, no one's denying that. How many of them would be willing to pay is the question...
    I'm sure even a one time fee would be enough if it even got 150k players. It's not like every MMO needs to be sub based to make money.