10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also on the note of Garrisons, fuck them. They were supposed to be an answer to player housing and failed goddamn miserably
    Seriously? First time I've heard of that one.
    Always thought it was meant to be "MoP farm but BIGGER".

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    In any case, apologies are in order.
    A simple misunderstanding, no worries. At least we could talk it out like adults instead of starting a flame war. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman
    3.3, which is 2-3 months
    Hmm I think that could be manageable, now that I don't need eso for anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Oddly the other way for me.
    Not a lot of pets I like in WoW but a lot more in FFXIV. Finally got the Dark Cloud pet (whatever it is in English) it has two little Ahriman floating around, it's adorable in a weird way.
    Of course it really is a matter of opinion but I much prefer collecting pets in this game than WoW. Main one I liked in WoW was the corehound pup.
    Some of the pets in FFXIV also has some fun interactables, like /beckon for Nanamo / Succubus will get them to go on your shoulder, and especially Nanamo she climbs up your back to get there. The moogles dancing together is great also.
    Late response but yeah, I like the FFXIV pets much much more but the mounts not as much (I do have a few favorites and they do feature more polygons than WoW mounts still) and I wish they would do more Chocobo emote interactions. I want a mech chocobo damn it!

But yeah, that Nanamo pet, the first time I saw her randomly climb onto my character's back I just stared with a goofy grin on my face in delight!

Here's little vid I made a couple months back for fun showing just that!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L47...&nohtml5=False
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the pet on shoulder (Midgardsomr does that too) is really cool.

I just wish we could have the pet out when actually playing the game like in dungeons. As it is now, pets are something for when you idle around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I hope they sort that out in a future systems/expansion update. I honestly get annoyed every time I do a dungeon and I can't have Slave Y'shtola running alongside me.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wee... I'm making progress. :<

BTW just noticed that relic thingies are no longer spec crafts. Accordingly the price of the base mats has exploded and exceeds the price of the finished stuff.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-04-10 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    BTW just noticed that relic thingies are no longer spec crafts. Accordingly the price of the base mats has exploded and exceeds the price of the finished stuff.
    Diadem gathering parties, let's go! When the patch had been around for a day or two, there were hundreds of underbidders on Phoenix, selling Dawnborne Aethersand as low as 10k à piece. Naturally, I bought myself 20 (due to some low gil at the time) and thought it would stay low. Currently risen to 33k à piece, so I technically earned myself 460k gil from buying it when they all underbid each other.

Now that I think of it, I should've known it was going to rise again, which means I could earn a 330% profit per Aethersand. Why didn't I invest a million into those?!

Ehm.. On topic on the token parts.
    Missing:
    *2 Oils (got 2 from weekly and 1 from Eso)
    *3 Ores (Eso)
    *1 Shell (Poetic)
    And then I can finally get my Hyperconductive Deneb.

Edit: Hopefully it'll get nerfed to 10 or so, soon enough. I presume this was the part Yoshi P didn't want to do several times, as lots thought it was the 1st part (Atma) that he hated.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2016-04-10 at 04:35 PM.

Seriously? First time I've heard of that one.
    Always thought it was meant to be "MoP farm but BIGGER".
    I swear I remember them saying that that its their like way of solving the "housing need" during one of their Blizzcon panels but I could be wrong.

Late response but yeah, I like the FFXIV pets much much more but the mounts not as much (I do have a few favorites and they do feature more polygons than WoW mounts still) and I wish they would do more Chocobo emote interactions. I want a mech chocobo damn it!
    I like the WoW mounts more too, well the ones that came out before Cata, not a big fan of the ones that came after. You have things like Invincible (love riding this around with my Challenge Mode armour) and then Mimirons Head. Sure you got some cool stuff in FFXIV like the Kobold Bomb mount and the Fat Chocobo but eh... though to be fair WoW has a LOT of craptastic mounts out there. Its just that the games been out for a long time and its been able to amass a decent amount of cool ones. I think.

Like others said I wish you can have pets in dungeons... =/

Wee... I'm making progress. :<
    At 20 of the unidentified items myself. Getting a lot of poetics at the moment from my friends who are doing dungeons for the first time. Life is nice.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-04-10 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I swear I remember them saying that that its their like way of solving the "housing need" during one of their Blizzcon panels but I could be wrong.
    In their defense: the initial Incarnation of garrisons was supposed to be much more customizable. So much got the ax in WoD development it's not even funny.
    "Largest team ever" my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the pet on shoulder (Midgardsomr does that too) is really cool.

I just wish we could have the pet out when actually playing the game like in dungeons. As it is now, pets are something for when you idle around.
    Same. Imagine 24 moogles dancing in circles while you kill a gigantic medusa thing in void, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess treasure profit is going to depend on your server's economy then. If I didn't have crafting I wouldn't make much, but it would still be a profit.

The point was even if you're breaking even on treasure chests, you're still getting unidentified items unless you're the unluckiest person in the entire world. Which is a way to "farm" them outside of doing daily stuff. If you have a day where you want to grind them, there are ways to grind them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the way to farm then w/o having to take financial risks would be to spam hunts / Alexander Gordias, no?

15+ Year Old Account
    Gordias spam is gross, you need so many runs per item. If you get a good team that can spam clear it's probably find, but mind numbing.

I still wouldn't call treasure hunting a gamble or a risk. If you do 30-40 and don't make more money, then I guess your server's economy just isn't conducive. Mine is, even without crafting, but crafting just makes it all the more so.

Although I blew up two expeditioner thighboots earlier because I was using the wrong macro for it, so that was like 3m potential down the drain.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suddenly realised why I relate to Megumin in Konosuba somewhat.

She is obsessed with the Explosion spell at the expense of combat effectiveness - She can literally only cast that spell and only once a day.

I'm obsessed with running with carbies, on my solo dailies, at the expense of combat effectiveness - not that I can run with carbies in a group although the game doesn't restrict me in that regard.

3.4 is going to be a long wait ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Gordias spam is gross, you need so many runs per item. If you get a good team that can spam clear it's probably find, but mind numbing.
    Yeah screw that shit. 10 runs to just get ONE item... no. I myself personally just do the beast tribes because I enjoy them (no really) and it gives me a ton of exp for my other jobs for little effort. Other than that I turn in poetics/esoterics. I'm at 30 or so at the moment after 3 weeks... whatever I'll get their eventually as I'm just doing it for glamour.

A more or less random question, but when should I be concerned with leveling some of the other crafting classes and whatnot? I've pretty much just been focused on rogue for now to get my Ninja and progressing through the base game before I decide on the expansion, does that work since you get the exp boost leveling other classes lower than the main? Or is it a good idea to try and level them too along with the main one?

Also just saying, Duty Finders hate stuff like rogues and monks, don't think I've seen one drop just for normal disciplines of war class, it's always the tank or caster stuff

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    A more or less random question, but when should I be concerned with leveling some of the other crafting classes and whatnot? I've pretty much just been focused on rogue for now to get my Ninja and progressing through the base game before I decide on the expansion, does that work since you get the exp boost leveling other classes lower than the main? Or is it a good idea to try and level them too along with the main one?

Also just saying, Duty Finders hate stuff like rogues and monks, don't think I've seen one drop just for normal disciplines of war class, it's always the tank or caster stuff
    Crafting is pretty much another aspect of the game entirely. If you didn't need combat classes for story quests, the gathering and crafting system alone can be a game for some people. As for drops, I wouldn't worry. Starting at level 45, you'll get some armor that'll last you a good bit into 50. (It'll be item level 90 stuff so you can't wear it right away.) You can go to the market board to buy gear, but unless it's 10 or more levels out of date, it won't make a huge impact.

At this point, I'd just focus on levelling up one class/job to 50 and make a decision whether or not to get the expansion right when you do the last couple quests. (It'll be two 8 man dungeons back to back.) You'll then have to go through all the level 50 story content before you can reach the xpac zones (which takes just as long as the 1-50 experience or just a bit less depending on queue times). The benefit is that you'll get enough xp to get around level 52 if you have the xpac while doing it.

I guess one other question I'm sorta interested in finding out about, I know FFXIV has a transmog system like WoW (or did it predate WoW's implementation?). But anyways, while leveling/questing, are there any unique looking armor pieces or weapons I should keep and not sell? For example, in WoW there are plenty of one-time weapons/armor pieces from quest awards where if you sold it off (at least before they expanded the item restoration) or had to choose between some, you could never get the other unique looking weapon/armor piece. Or are there basically no unique models to be on the lookout for since I've noticed there are similar pieces, but just dyed differently, which you can always dye yourself right?

There are quest unique items and I could be wrong but I believe there's an NPC vendor that sells them after you finish the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    There are quest unique items and I could be wrong but I believe there's an NPC vendor that sells them after you finish the quest.
    Yes their is also dungeon drops with green text often have a unique look. The aetherial items are all magic versions of regular stuff(in lore they house part of the soul of their originally owner who died)

That's interesting...so in theory, outside of like raid and dungeon drops I guess, any other armor you encounter I the game can be gotten back again if you like the look but discarded it?