Thread: [TV] Arrow

Are there really "Fandom awards"? Jesus. Anyways, I still like Felicity as a singular character better than Laurel. The romance has been cringey as fuck the past few years, but Felicity on her own is still funny, smart, adorable, etc. Every time Laurel opened her goddamn mouth to do that Siren Cry I literally face palmed. Like, in real life, applied my palm to my face. Her fight scenes are always shit, and I don't think her acting is all that great either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Felicity >>> Laurel

hope she and Oliver get back soon
    I'd say you're the sort of person who has ruined this show, but it's not, it's the writers fault for listening to people like you.

Would rather Oliver suddenly became gay overnight and got with Curtis, tbh as far fetched as that sounds it would make more sense than him getting back with Felicity (which is going to happen obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Can't have Nightwing without Batman.
    Bah, if you can kill Ras Al'Ghul, Deadshot, and Amanda Waller, I don't see why you can't have Nightwing without having to acknowledge Batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Bah, if you can kill Ras Al'Ghul, Deadshot, and Amanda Waller, I don't see why you can't have Nightwing without having to acknowledge Batman.
    Ras never dies

Really though, it's because of the instant connection Nightwing has to Batman. He raised him and trained him. I mean we want to see Nightwing done right, that's cool but not acknowledging Batman wouldn't do very well.

But ideally they should do it IMO but that's me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They did acknowledge Batman. Rip says he's seen men of steel and dark knights fall.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They did acknowledge Batman. Rip says he's seen men of steel and dark knights fall.
    Or maybe it was a Dr Who easter egg, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I'd say you're the sort of person who has ruined this show, but it's not, it's the writers fault for listening to people like you.

Would rather Oliver suddenly became gay overnight and got with Curtis, tbh as far fetched as that sounds it would make more sense than him getting back with Felicity (which is going to happen obviously).
    show isnt ruined, far from it, but its the haters who are trying their damnest to do so and to convince everyone that its ruined

kind of like with WoW actually

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ras never dies

Really though, it's because of the instant connection Nightwing has to Batman. He raised him and trained him. I mean we want to see Nightwing done right, that's cool but not acknowledging Batman wouldn't do very well.

But ideally they should do it IMO but that's me.
    barely acknowledging batman is kind of the whole purpose that dick started the teen titans.

a bunch of side kicks sick of being in the shadow of their former mentors trying to become their own heroes.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just so glad Laurel Lance finally died. Jeez that broad was a nuissance.

I dont watch Arrow with as much vigor as i did when it started out, but, i do still enjoy it. And probably will alot more now that she's finally deado.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post

Oliver Queen has always been the playboy-type in the cartoon, the animated series and even in his depiction in Smallville. That's what he should be.

My main concern with Arrow is that they're trying to make OQ into what Bruce Wayne would've been in his 20s, if he'd taken the cowl up that early. They're basicly trying to run Green Arrow like he's Batman, .. Not surprising considering the real idea of the creators was to make a Batman-series, but theCW didnt go for it, so they adapted it to some other character.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Are there really "Fandom awards"? Jesus. Anyways, I still like Felicity as a singular character better than Laurel. The romance has been cringey as fuck the past few years, but Felicity on her own is still funny, smart, adorable, etc. Every time Laurel opened her goddamn mouth to do that Siren Cry I literally face palmed. Like, in real life, applied my palm to my face. Her fight scenes are always shit, and I don't think her acting is all that great either.
    I liked Felicity, but never liked the idea of them together. I'd prefer a familial relationship with her dating someone else and him either playboy-with commitment issues or sticking with someone like Sara who understands who and what he is. Felicity is the epitome of the fangrrl getting the hunk, but all she does is try to change him and criticize everything he is. She has no basis to understand what made him who he is or what decisions he's had to make.

And since they went Ollicity, her writing/acting has been very cringe worthy. I could handle them together if she was better writen rather than the whiny self-entitled shrew she acts like.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Production photos from the next episode "Canary Cry"
    (spoilers, obviously)

There's enough visiting with dead Laurel to pretty much confirm this isn't a bluff.

Paul Blackthorne will probably rip our hearts out in the hospital scene.

Nyssa is present at the funeral, which is interesting.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

show isnt ruined, far from it, but its the haters who are trying their damnest to do so and to convince everyone that its ruined

kind of like with WoW actually
    The problem with basing their interactions on the "will they won't they" crap is that that at some point you just understand they'll never be happy. They can't be, not for long, if the entire interactions that the viewers that like the couple is based on them having problems. Last season ended with them driving off to be happy, but that couldn't last if the show wants drama between them, so at what point do you just say "meh, they'll never be happy"? The next problem is how increasingly contrived the situations get in order to set up that drama. They'll finally get together this season again, but then what, next season they break up because Ollie kept his parking ticket a secret?

They could write the relationship better and make it part of the ongoing show, rather than a plot all it's own. They could have Felicity compromise, or even just get mad at him without it being the end of the relationship. "You had a secret kid without telling me? No sex for a month!" rather than "you betrayed me and I can never trust you again, and this time I mean it!"

whiny self-entitled shrew
    yeah this Felicity is such a horrible horrible GF

.. so horrible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The problem with basing their interactions on the "will they won't they" crap is that that at some point you just understand they'll never be happy. They can't be, not for long, if the entire interactions that the viewers that like the couple is based on them having problems. Last season ended with them driving off to be happy, but that couldn't last if the show wants drama between them, so at what point do you just say "meh, they'll never be happy"? The next problem is how increasingly contrived the situations get in order to set up that drama. They'll finally get together this season again, but then what, next season they break up because Ollie kept his parking ticket a secret?

They could write the relationship better and make it part of the ongoing show, rather than a plot all it's own. They could have Felicity compromise, or even just get mad at him without it being the end of the relationship. "You had a secret kid without telling me? No sex for a month!" rather than "you betrayed me and I can never trust you again, and this time I mean it!"
    of course, the writers LOVE that drama, they even openly said so, so dont expect it to end any time soon (or, ever)

but thats no reason to non-stop bash Felicity or EBR (her actress) or yell that the show is ruined beyond repair and everyone should drop it now

yeah this Felicity is such a horrible horrible GF

.. so horrible
    If you want to focus only on the good moments in a relationship that is currently on the outs, while ignoring why it's on the outs, that's some pretty selective lenses to use.
    of course, the writers LOVE that drama, they even openly said so, so dont expect it to end any time soon (or, ever)
    It's just bad writing. If they're incapable of improving the writing, the show will continue to dip.

but thats no reason to non-stop bash Felicity or EBR (her actress) or yell that the show is ruined beyond repair and everyone should drop it now
    Well you really should respond to my discussion when responding to me. I'm not yelling that the show is ruined beyond repair, I'm suggesting they need to repair it. I've never bashed the actress (Except for having short thick legs, which I'll stand by!), and even said I liked the character before they took her down this "shrew girlfriend" path.

Hell, I would think that the Olicitiy shippers wanted the two of them together because she was a fun dynamic character, not because they wanted her changed into a harpy designed only to belittle the main character.

Hell, Diggle was a great influence in Season1, carried his own in Season2, but has really just sort of worn out his role in the group for me at this point. Contrast this with Thea or Roy, both of whom were very one-note and unimpressive until really finding a stride that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    I'm just so glad Laurel Lance finally died. Jeez that broad was a nuissance.

I dont watch Arrow with as much vigor as i did when it started out, but, i do still enjoy it. And probably will alot more now that she's finally deado.

- - - Updated - - -

Oliver Queen has always been the playboy-type in the cartoon, the animated series and even in his depiction in Smallville. That's what he should be.

My main concern with Arrow is that they're trying to make OQ into what Bruce Wayne would've been in his 20s, if he'd taken the cowl up that early. They're basicly trying to run Green Arrow like he's Batman, .. Not surprising considering the real idea of the creators was to make a Batman-series, but theCW didnt go for it, so they adapted it to some other character.
    green arrow for a very long time in the comic WAS a batman ripoff, like the comic theyre slowly moving towards a more green arrowy character, hell he JUST got the green arrow name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Production photos from the next episode "Canary Cry"
    (spoilers, obviously)

There's enough visiting with dead Laurel to pretty much confirm this isn't a bluff.

Paul Blackthorne will probably rip our hearts out in the hospital scene.

Nyssa is present at the funeral, which is interesting.
    when he fell down in the hospital i damn near cried, and i only just started to like laurel this season.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Drama makes the show interesting. We still get Crimefighting in the show. The problem is if %'s become

75% Drama 25% Green Arrow kicking ass.

Grey's Anatomy has that(In the sense it's mostly drama not really hospital related things. Drama is most of the show).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

really, when you think about it ALL comic book stories are just soap operas.

look at superman and wonder woman and the bs their relationship is going through in the comics, and how many times have peter and mj broken up? they had like one good run back in the 90's until one more day happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I liked Felicity, but never liked the idea of them together. I'd prefer a familial relationship with her dating someone else and him either playboy-with commitment issues or sticking with someone like Sara who understands who and what he is. Felicity is the epitome of the fangrrl getting the hunk, but all she does is try to change him and criticize everything he is. She has no basis to understand what made him who he is or what decisions he's had to make.

And since they went Ollicity, her writing/acting has been very cringe worthy. I could handle them together if she was better writen rather than the whiny self-entitled shrew she acts like.
    I just think it is funny that they went to live somewhere else away from it all and it is her that could not live living a normal life, he was actually happy for a while and she ruined it. What does she actually really want?

She was fine before they got together, but after they did she has gone down hill for just drama's sake.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally saw the latest Episode.

Holy fuck I was literally at the start of the episode when Laurel was talking about being DA thinking "You know what, I finally am coming around to her character, she doesn't annoy me as much as she used to and Black Canary is pretty badass"

THE MOMENT I THINK THAT. THEY KILL HER. WUUUUUUUUUUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Finally saw the latest Episode.

Holy fuck I was literally at the start of the episode when Laurel was talking about being DA thinking "You know what, I finally am coming around to her character, she doesn't annoy me as much as she used to and Black Canary is pretty badass"

THE MOMENT I THINK THAT. THEY KILL HER. WUUUUUUUUUUT!
    thats how i feel, this season laurel really progressed