Demon hunter creation

Hey so a really quick question. Will there be some shit like with dks that u need a toon on x lvl on the server to create a demon hunter or anything like that ? I remember seeing something about it a long time ago but couldnt find it again.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

I don't believe you need any prior character to make a demon hunter - but then buying legion also grants you a lvl 100 boost, so any requirement would likely be redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't believe you need any prior character to make a demon hunter - but then buying legion also grants you a lvl 100 boost, so any requirement would likely be redundant.
    ye exactly, just making sure. Also what is the thing wiht "early access to demonhunter" stuff about. will they delay it for people who didnt buy legion before a certain date or what >.<

Have kinda been out of the loop since I quit playing, got all nostalgic watching old videos so doing some prep work incase I get the urge to try out legion (even tho it looks like shit to me atm, but we will see I guess).
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Early access is given to those who pre-ordered Legion. The rest will have to wait I imagine.
    And yes there is a level requirement, you need 1 character on level 70 or higher in order to create a Demon Hunter.
    If you get the level 100 boost you wouldnt want to use that on a Demon Hunter anyways seeing as they start at lvl 98 and you HAVE to complete the first area anyways in order for the DH to come to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    If you get the level 100 boost you wouldnt want to use that on a Demon Hunter anyways seeing as they start at lvl 98 and you HAVE to complete the first area anyways in order for the DH to come to Azeroth.
    The point is you can use it on anything and you auto-fulfil the requirements to create a DH.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Early access is given to those who pre-ordered Legion. The rest will have to wait I imagine.
    And yes there is a level requirement, you need 1 character on level 70 or higher in order to create a Demon Hunter.
    well I mean, if u want to speed lvl and u get 2 free lvls by using it on that DH, maybe it's worth?

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    well I mean, if u want to speed lvl and u get 2 free lvls by using it on that DH, maybe it's worth?
    The thing is that you get those first two levels really really fast (if Alpha is any indication it took me about an hour or so iirc) so it'd be a waste of a boost any way you look at it (especially since you have to go through the starting questing experience regardless, as gawdsent mentioned).

As for the early access, it means that those who pre-order get access earlier than launch (we can only speculate about how early that will be - could be as early as the pre-patch and could be as late as a couple of days before launch, nobody knows). Everyone else gets in on launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    The thing is that you get those first two levels really really fast (if Alpha is any indication it took me about an hour or so iirc) so it'd be a waste of a boost any way you look at it (especially since you have to go through the starting questing experience regardless, as gawdsent mentioned).

As for the early access, it means that those who pre-order get access earlier than launch (we can only speculate about how early that will be - could be as early as the pre-patch and could be as late as a couple of days before launch, nobody knows). Everyone else gets in on launch.

I recall hearing it's precisely 1 week. One of the Blizzcon interviews I believe (Tom Chilton I think) I'm 99% sure he said plainly that the early access is simply access to DH 1 week before the expansion launch. After pre-patch, before launch.

If you know you're playing on launch you might as well pre-order if only by a couple weeks - which lets you get your DH to 100 ready for going straight into legion content. You could also try getting upgrades in the meantime to make the start a bit smoother.

We have no idea how long the pre-play will be - the placeholder amount is 1 week, and I'd expect that ballpark (maybe 2-4 if we're lucky)

7+ Year Old Account
    you need a lvl 70 character to make a dh.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I recall hearing it's precisely 1 week. One of the Blizzcon interviews I believe (Tom Chilton I think) I'm 99% sure he said plainly that the early access is simply access to DH 1 week before the expansion launch. After pre-patch, before launch.
    "The best I can tell you is that it will be some time prior to the launch of the Legion expansion."

Straight quote from a blue post in the days following Blizzcon.

YOu need a level 70 character, BUT you get a free level 100 boost with Legion so even if there was a level issue, you got that sorted in 5 seconds anyway

Yeah I would do it! A whole 2 levels is insane!

"The best I can tell you is that it will be some time prior to the launch of the Legion expansion."

Straight quote from a blue post in the days following Blizzcon.
    Yes, but I'm sure 1 week was said in one of those dodgy mobile phone recorded interviews with tom chilton.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Yes, but I'm sure 1 week was said in one of those dodgy mobile phone recorded interviews with tom chilton.
    They did mention it at some point but they've taken it back since.

On a side note, anyone know if you boost a char to 100 if they start with their artifact weapons or do you have to complete the quest regardless?

Yeah I would do it! A whole 2 levels is insane!
    Well considering I have every class 2x100 I dont really have anything else to use it on. Same wiht WoD when I bought that on all my 3 accounts, not so much worth to get another lvl 90 when u already got 15+

- - - Updated - - -

Ye well as I said, I didnt get what the "pre access" thing indicated so if people can start at lvl 100 on their dh before the actual launch it doesnt make sense to boost it up.

I would be a bit dissapointed if its a few days before the launch xD I just hope they think about the massive amount of people who will infact start a Demon Hunter to see what all the fuzz is about, wich makes giving everyone who pre-ordered early access a pretty good idea to make the massive Demon Hunter creation and first play through as smooth as possible.
    We can only speculate. :P

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    On a side note, anyone know if you boost a char to 100 if they start with their artifact weapons or do you have to complete the quest regardless?
    currently on alpha you start with 100 boost characters and do your artifact quest - and I don't expect that to change. It's not meant to be pre-100 content but your first 100+ content, akin to setting up the garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I can't imagine they would start you with artifact weapons if you boost a character. The artifact weapon quests seem to be a HUGE feature/selling point of Legion and no way do I see them letting boosted characters skip over them entirely.