Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WeakAuras: 2.1.0.24: Glyph/Vehicle Load Conditions and Stop Motion addon

The just released WeakAuras release contains:

Glyph Load Condition and Vehicle Load Condition
    Those two are pretty much what you expect them to be. Though there UI for the glyph load condition is minimal. Since Legion changes how glyphs operate, I wouldn't expect anyone to make the effort for a better ui there.

Split combined texts after edit
    So if you have multiple auras selected which all have custom functiosn, the text editor combines all texts. The new feature is, that after editing WA does now the "right" thing and splits up the text again. This is a bug fix, which should make it somewhat easier to edit multiple custom triggers at once.

Support for the Stop Motion adon
    I'm excited about this one. I created a addon that adds a new region type to WeakAuras. As always I've created a small video explaining what it is:

In essence, this allows creating a texture which contains multiple frames and a way to displays those textures as an animation with WeakAuras.

You can download that addon from Curse here.

And I'm looking forward to see that used in custom UIs. I think it opens up tons of new possibilities.

I can see this feature spawning a lot of new UI ideas, as it makes that effect a lot more accessible than it was previously.
    Plus I look forward to your tutorials on the graphics side.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    The glyph feature is awesome, no more custom code for that.
    Took me a while to figure out that you have to use the glyph id instead of the name

10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny...I was just a few days ago thinking that a glyph load condition would be really nice, but then didn't think it was worth suggesting since glyphs won't change spell functionality in Legion (at least, my understanding is that they're just for cosmetics and you apply them directly to the spell).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That's funny...I was just a few days ago thinking that a glyph load condition would be really nice, but then didn't think it was worth suggesting since glyphs won't change spell functionality in Legion (at least, my understanding is that they're just for cosmetics and you apply them directly to the spell).
    Well, there was a ticket open for a long time and this time it somehow ended up on the list of things I fixed, even though it could be obsolete in legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    The glyph feature is awesome, no more custom code for that.
    Took me a while to figure out that you have to use the glyph id instead of the name
    Right, there's at least a tooltip missing, and there might be a way to just support entering the glyph name too.

- - - Updated - - -

There might be a way to just support entering the glyph name too.
    Nope, there isn't, at least not without having a big table for all glyphs, and that feels excessive for the few users that feature is going to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    Nope, there isn't, at least not without having a big table for all glyphs, and that feels excessive for the few users that feature is going to have.
    I think a hint in the tooltip should be enough.

Deleted
    Just a few hours before you released the alpha version of the glyph load option, a guildie asked me for a trigger for glyphs.
    Great timing, I guess

Would it be too big a hassle to make the load condition also available "negative". Basically load if the following glyph ids are NOT used?
    I gave my guildie just the negative trigger I wrote for that, but it's weird that one scenario can be solved without custom code and the other can't.

Code:
    function()
        local glyphIDs = {54928, 159557}
        for i=1, NUM_GLYPH_SLOTS do
            for j=1, #glyphIDs do
                if (select(4, GetGlyphSocketInfo(i)) == glyphIDs[j]) then
                    return false
                end
            end
        end
        return true
    end

Awesome work Infus! I'm more excited about this than any other feature Blizzard has announced for Legion so far. Not kidding :-)

I can definitely produce some little stop motions to include with the addon if you want, although I'm not sure I want to sub specifically to test it out**. I'll have a think about what sort of animations would be the most useful to people in a generic kind of way and get back to you.

** - is it possible to use the free version of WoW (characters limited to level 20?) with the same login/account that used to be a paid account? Failing that I guess I could just make a free account with a new login.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2016-04-08 at 12:43 PM.

You can have as many wow accounts as you want in one battle.net account. I use that sometimes for testing interactions between multiple chars.

And yes I'm looking forward to what someone with some graphical talents can do with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    Would it be too big a hassle to make the load condition also available "negative".
    Actually it would be a hassle, the "tristate" toggles in weakauras load/trigger options don't allow for a input parameter. That could be changed and it probably wouldn't be that hard, but glyph load conditions sound like a too weak use case to make me invest time into that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    ** - is it possible to use the free version of WoW (characters limited to level 20?) with the same login/account that used to be a paid account? Failing that I guess I could just make a free account with a new login.
    I believe the veteran thing allows anyone with a lapsed account to log into any sub-20 (or new) characters on their existing account and join guilds, etc.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Ah, thanks for the info, Infus!

On reddit some posted this:

https://gfycat.com/MilkyWeeklyAss

That's exactly what I had in mind...

lol. superb :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I can definitely produce some little stop motions to include with the addon if you want, although I'm not sure I want to sub specifically to test it out. I'll have a think about what sort of animations would be the most useful to people in a generic kind of way and get back to you.
    Did you get WoW to run again? I'm looking forward to what your ideas are and yes I want more textures. Especially because I'm not that good in creating nice looking textures.

I think, the various textures in WA can be roughly separated into "indicator" and "progress" type textures. And for the Stop Motion addon, it's similar. This feature can be either used to create animated indicators or to create fancier progress bars.

I also expect users to generate their own textures so I have now actually done a tutorial on creating custom textures:

(That's my first longer than 10 minute video, it's rough at times...)

Deleted
    Hey Infus,
    was looking forward to this video because i had no idea how to prepare a file for stop motion.
    Thanks for the work you put into this.

Now i have to find a project worth putting the time in to use this

10+ Year Old Account

Wtb kegs that do this for chi build up on monk.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Hey Infus,
    was looking forward to this video because i had no idea how to prepare a file for stop motion.
    Thanks for the work you put into this.
    So, was it helpful?

Deleted
    So, was it helpful?
    Definitely.
    The video got me from the point "i have absolutely no idea how to approach this" to "i guess i could do that"
    I have some basic experience with gimp though.

But i don't have a project in my mind where want to use this atm.
    I'm more the practical guy concerning weak auras than the fancy one

Did you get WoW to run again? I'm looking forward to what your ideas are and yes I want more textures. Especially because I'm not that good in creating nice looking textures.

I think, the various textures in WA can be roughly separated into "indicator" and "progress" type textures. And for the Stop Motion addon, it's similar. This feature can be either used to create animated indicators or to create fancier progress bars.

I also expect users to generate their own textures so I have now actually done a tutorial on creating custom textures
    I didn't re-install WoW yet, no. But I have started messing around with ideas for animation. Mainly using Cinema4D and AfterEffects, I'm focussing on making indicator type animations. It's a bit tricky in that I realised a lot of the animations I was thinking up weren't significantly different from the type of animations the 3D models aura type provides. But I think I've got a handle on it now; I've got some little cubes disintegrating and reforming in different ways, and some stuff with moving lines (like audio waveform type stuff), and also a few things from VideoCopilot's new Saber plugin.

I have a question though, when the addon reads the sprite sheet image, is it expecting it to have the same number of rows as columns?

Also - is there a deadline I can work to for when you want to include the example animations in the addon?

The numer of rows and colums can differ, and the grid doesn't need to be full. (So you can have a 4x8 grid with 30 frames, if that is what you need.) It should be power of 2 rows or colums though

There's no deadline at all so take your time. I'm looking forward to that.

This plugin? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os-qqVrMc-Q Looks fancy, and interesting.