Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    It isn't really related to the Article but I thought it was fitting

How about having some empathy for your own people first?! The human race didn't become 1# by the leaders making their own people extinct!
    I get that we need to help them, but why do we have to destroy our own countries doing so?! These people don't and wont ever add anything to our society other than crime and mistrust.
    Are you sure, morpen? Are you entirely sure there?

lol @ the idea of immigration causing humans to go extinct

quality racism

Deleted
    Smile while your country goes to hell. Smiiiileeee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    and "swedish will become a minority" based on.
    Only people who are totally blind to the demographic changes brought on by mass immigration will not see that Swedes will become a minority in Sweden. It's 30% who aren't Swedish today.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Smile while your country goes to hell. Smiiiileeee.
    You're already living in a country going down the toilet. Smile!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasicomplex View Post
    What?! So if you're born outside of Sweden you can't ever in any way or from contribute to it's society?
    Sure, but we've barely had any beneficial immigration for the past 30 years or so. Getting in as a non-refugee is hard as hell. Should be the other way around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    How can 90000 teachers needed even be possible? Surely there isn't that much of an influx in school aged immigrants to need that many teachers. Or is the normal teacher to student ratio in Sweden like 1 teacher to 3 students?
    Its a combination of things. But yes, most of the immigrants that comes to Sweden says they are like 15-16 years old (thats another discussion) and they got like no education so will have to stay in school for at least a few years. That also leads to the next problem, to not have to put the 22 year old boy in the same class as the 9-10 year old children here you need to put them in special classes, aka it requires a lot more teachers then normal kids.
    Another problem is that quite a lot of teachers here are already old and are starting to come close to retirement so those positions needs to be filled not to mention that we are already very low on teachers before this started. The goal is that every teacher should have an education and that is far from true today.

So guessing, maybe 20-30k is because of immigration and the rest from other reasons, however 90k new teachers is 1% of our population as new teachers, it sounds very high to even have 1% of the population as teachers but maybe its normal?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    We could also use a few thousand cops here, cant we import from the US? we could use some cops here not afraid to shoot and taser them, they have zero respect for cops here, threatening and taunting them, setting their cars on fire and throwing rocks at them. And if the police even tries to take them down the media and people screams police brutality.
    Hearing this makes me sad. I've always wanted to visit Sweden, but at this rate Sweden will be lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    The article makes it sound as if it's more of a consequence of the Teacher position being devalued over the course of several decades, leading to fewer people being drawn to the profession. More or less the same problem as in the United St--

How about having some empathy for your own people first?! The human race didn't become 1# by the leaders making their own people extinct!
    I get that we need to help them, but why do we have to destroy our own countries doing so?! These people don't and wont ever add anything to our society other than crime and mistrust.
    oh.

ohhhh noooo...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Hearing this makes me sad. I've always wanted to visit Sweden, but at this rate Sweden will be lost.
    You will be fine in the cities, it's mostly the suburbs and outside the citys where it's bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Only people who are totally blind to the demographic changes brought on by mass immigration will not see that Swedes will become a minority in Sweden. It's 30% who aren't Swedish today.
    By the "born to two swedish parents"-description, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's called human empathy. I highly recommend it. Human empathy is the #1 reason the human race got to the top.
    Empathy works if it's a bonus of sorts. You have some extra-rescources and then you share them to get a favor of sorts. This favor can just be good will and have no direct tangible benefit, think of it a a credit of sorts. This also the reason it feels good to help someone, you would most likely get something in return which may even be something you couldn't aquire normally.
    Imagine you are a lumberer, you do a blacksmith a favour and help him with materials so he can setup his workshop. In return you would get better tools or have yours repaired. Yes, in this case it's most likely said beforehand what you would get, but it's still on good-will in the beginning since you could not guarantee the smith would hold up his part. If you didn't have any empathy you would just say "fuck you" to the smith and not even have the possibility of getting better tools.
    It's just an initial impulse to start something because otherwise nothing would change.
    Just paying without anything in return is simple self-sacrifice and that only works to protect someone deemed important e.g. family or ones citizens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    You're already living in a country going down the toilet. Smile!
    Funny, meanwhile the Canadian economy is tanking under the glorious feminist leader.

Deleted
    By the "born to two swedish parents"-description, right?
    Yes? I won't change definition because then you can't compare the data before they changed it in 2003 to now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but we've barely had any beneficial immigration for the past 30 years or so. Getting in as a non-refugee is hard as hell. Should be the other way around.
    How old are you? I mean, you´re an immigrant, right?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    How old are you? I mean, you´re an immigrant, right?
    Immigration to Sweden from other nordic countries is like someone moving from northern sweden to southern Sweden. So, yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Immigration to Sweden from other nordic countries is like someone moving from northern sweden to southern Sweden. So, yeah.
    What a convenient excuse, doesn´t change that you´re contributing to the problem of swedes becoming a minority in sweden, how can you live with yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    Are you sure, morpen? Are you entirely sure there?
    Sure of what? I meant as in it wasn't taken from the article but I thought it was fitting given the circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    lol @ the idea of immigration causing humans to go extinct

quality racism
    I didn't say that it would make freaking humans go extinct, just the original people of the country.
    So what you are one of those people who think that there is nothing wrong in thousands upon thousands of people from a different culture literally invading another country, warping its demographic and culture completely? Cause I sure as hell do.
    Just look it up, the original swedes are going to be a minority in as little as 30 years if current trends keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I didn't believe it but it is becoming very clear that Sweden will become minority Swedish within a very shout time.
    ...really? You know the USA is like 70% white, and we've been taking in slaves and/or immigrants for centuries?

Also, I'm curious where this number comes from. 90,000 teachers, even with a modest class size like 15, would require 1,350,000 children, and the post seems to imply they'll be immigrant and/or "minority" children. Is that really the case? Did Sweden really take in that many children and in theory a bunch of parents with them? That number sounds really high.

Deleted
    What a convenient excuse, doesn´t change that you´re contributing to the problem of swedes becoming a minority in sweden, how can you live with yourself?
    I didn't say it's a problem in the first place, I just said it's going to happen. Refugees from africa or middle east on the other hand is not comparable to Finns moving to Sweden. There's no cultural gap between Sweden and Finland and the educational standards are about the same too.