Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    I refuse to agree with you that i am "terrible" because i use healbot to heal. People heal in different ways. Its the way i have always done i since 2008. Its like you being put into the alpha and being ask to heal with only healbot and nothing else. Please see my post for further explanation:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17610913035
    No, you need an addon to play a game. That makes your ability to play questioned as being bad. Its like winning fights because you take steroids.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

You can't use mouse over macros with LMB and RMB, that makes addons that allow you to use these buttons vastly superior. Healing is about doing the right thing at the right time, not doing it more complicated than it could (and should) be done. Otherwise you could say that everyone who doesn't use (i.e. type it in the command line) /target and /cast is a terrible player.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    No, you need an addon to play a game. That makes your ability to play questioned as being bad. Its like winning fights because you take steroids.
    That is complete rubbish!!! You really have no idea what you are talking about. You are obviously someone who doesn't use ad-dons at all and hates everyone who does

But back on topic, i got this reply from a GM about using ad-dons in legion:

Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2016-04-10 at 09:35 PM.

That is complete rubbish!!! You really have no idea what you are talking about. You are obviously someone who doesn't use ad-dons at all and hates everyone who does

But back on topic, i got this reply from a GM about using ad-dons in legion:

I'm someone who can do mythic hellfire content without deadly boss mods =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    is this possible to do?
    Addons are NEVER enabled in Alpha.

They are usually enabled half way through beta..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    here is your real problem.. you are not there to "play" the game. you are there to try out the mechanics or other testing areas. they quite literally dont care how good you do in the raids/dungeons especially, since they are not looking for your personal performance as a measurement. they only care about how the encounter worked, and felt. run around and do random shit while there. downing the bosses and devising boss strats really shouldnt be your focus, since it doesnt help Blizzard develop a better product.
    But you do that by playing the game.....

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you, I can pee while standing on one leg and drinking a beer.

Deleted
    Haven't tryed to use addons, as I got no reason to do so. Focus is on the experience of playing, and test some of the things we get mailed about that they need more feedback on. Could be about a zone or a class campaign or stuff like that.
    So naturally I'm testing that stuff out, instead of "just" the things that I like to do.
    Yet, if I feel a certain class /spec feels weak I come with a suggestion and reason why I feel that way. Not to forget bugs

Please refer to
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=alpha+addons

where I posted a way to enable addons on alpha. There are exe files readily available on the internet, such as in here
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...p=sharing#list
    but you are obviously downloading executables from a third party which you know nothing about, so security is of concern.

If you want to check your damage you can upload your combatlog to warcraftlogs.

Can't be too hard to learn mehcanics when you're still progressing since August.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2016-04-11 at 11:30 AM.

Add-ons can cause more damage then usually in early testing and as many others have replied here its easier for them to see what kind of error message that only the game have reported rather then an add-on string.
    Add-ons can cause game crashes if the expansion isnt optmized for add-on use yet, and as thats not critical for game functionality I wouldnt assume they make sure that runs smooth before anything else.

They will however enable the use for add-ons eventually as add-on developers needs time to update their add-ons to be functional with the expansion, so I guess give it some more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    Add-ons can cause more damage then usually in early testing and as many others have replied here its easier for them to see what kind of error message that only the game have reported rather then an add-on string.
    Add-ons can cause game crashes if the expansion isnt optmized for add-on use yet, and as thats not critical for game functionality I wouldnt assume they make sure that runs smooth before anything else.

They will however enable the use for add-ons eventually as add-on developers needs time to update their add-ons to be functional with the expansion, so I guess give it some more time?
    With exe modifications, addons run just fine on Alpha. But I also think Skada et al. bring more harm than good. Spell tuning pass has not been done yet so hunter doing 300k dps and warlock struggling to do 100k is certainly frustrating, though if you don't use addons and probably don't look at logs, you don't know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine DPS meters being pointless especially in alpha where things will most likely change.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I would imagine DPS meters being pointless especially in alpha where things will most likely change.
    DPS meters do a lot more than tell you DPS numbers and can be used to devise raid strats on the fly. I usually link logs when I give feedback on raids too. Imagine it makes it a lot easier for devs to figure out what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    If you want to check your damage you can upload your combatlog to warcraftlogs.

Can't be too hard to learn mehcanics when you're still progressing since August.
    Que? You mean people can't take breaks during an expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    But you do that by playing the game.....

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you, I can pee while standing on one leg and drinking a beer.
    Dude. Have you tried doing it no hands, while drinking two beers and on a unicycle? Its the ultimate thrill.

Quote Originally Posted by Candiman View Post
    It is possible to have addons enabled in the alpha but it entails modifying the exe file for WoW. Googling it should tell you how to do it. Do so at your own risk though as this is against the ToU and this could get your alpha invite revoked.
    This no longer works. In the latest build, they have enabled addons (so if you have an addon in your "interface/addons" folder the addon button appears at the bottom left of the select screen) but all addons that you have are listed as "Insecure". Does this mean addons are coming? Or they have just done this to stop people hacking the exe maybe?

This no longer works. In the latest build, they have enabled addons (so if you have an addon in your "interface/addons" folder the addon button appears at the bottom left of the select screen) but all addons that you have are listed as "Insecure". Does this mean addons are coming? Or they have just done this to stop people hacking the exe maybe?
    Addons have always come up as insecure whether you had the modified exe or not. Whether Blizz has done something to stop it working I have no idea. They may have stopped the modified exe from working so they don't get bug reports that are actually addon problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Candiman View Post
    Addons have always come up as insecure whether you had the modified exe or not. Whether Blizz has done something to stop it working I have no idea. They may have stopped the modified exe from working so they don't get bug reports that are actually addon problems.
    Ah i see. Thanks for that. Yeah it seems they have done that as a fix is usually posted the next day but its been 5 days now and no fix :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthius123 View Post
    You can actually get addon's working on the alpha such as Skada and bartender im not quite sure how but i'm sure someone on here could help you.
    There is an unsupported method, but in a nutshell it involves modifying files.
    There is no official way at present, until blizzard decide themselves they are ready for that to happen.

There are still going to be number passes, so if you are intent on providing useful number feedback then there is the option of logging.
    If you are not, then you don't need damage meters.

Edit: Unaware of that extra change regarding "insecure" addons, as I do not have alpha access myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

There's has been no changes on this matter. Everything is working like before, you patch few bytes in the exe and voila addons are working.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    There's has been no changes on this matter. Everything is working like before, you patch few bytes in the exe and voila addons are working.
    Thanks, can anyone link a working one for this patch?