Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Granted I am willing to suspend disbelief with stuff like the Lich King and say yeah, maybe we could reasonably defeat them (even then, we would have died if not for Tyrion), but it's a little hard to suspend disbelief when you're talking about one of the most powerful creatures ever thought of being defeated by a bunch of mortals.
    Maybe we didnt defeat the LK, and everything we have been doing is an illusion. A mind control technique. We are not defeating evil, we are actually defeating good! For us to be the LK champions, the best he has, he had to keep us believing we were fighting the good fight!

They already confirmed guldan on 1st tier right? was hoping him to be the last one.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Corrupted Greymane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    Archimonde is dead in both timelines, as is Mannoroth
    Was he killed in the twisting nether?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard went back on it and said Archimonde wasn't dead in our timeline. Wasn't there a bluepost?

Because it made no fucking sense.

PS: Archimonde is an Eredar, if there are two Velens and two Mannoroths, there has to be two Archimonde's.

Time Travel shit is fucking stupid.
    It's not about time travel. Demons have to die in the twisting nether to be permanently dead. But yeah, the time travel thing doesn't help anything.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-04-10 at 07:16 PM.

If I was to put a bet, Archimonde and Kil'jaeden will be the second to last bosses, Avatar of Sargeras will be the final boss itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Maybe we didnt defeat the LK, and everything we have been doing is an illusion. A mind control technique. We are not defeating evil, we are actually defeating good! For us to be the LK champions, the best he has, he had to keep us believing we were fighting the good fight!
    We were only able to defeat the Lich King because part of Arthas was holding the Scourge back, if that hadn't been the case the Scourge would have torn the world apart

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Archi show up in Draenor because he technically wasn't dead? From my understand he was trapped in the twisting nether, like Sargeras. Demons can never really die unless you kill them there. I thought that's what they said anyway.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of whether or not Archimonde is truly dead, it would be an absolutely terrible idea to have him be the endboss of two expansions in a row.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    that's not how demons work.
    https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi/status/607061206080176129

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Didn't Archi show up in Draenor because he technically wasn't dead? From my understand he was trapped in the twisting nether, like Sargeras. Demons can never really die unless you kill them there. I thought that's what they said anyway.
    It wasn't our Archimonde, alternate timeline. Hence Mannoroth showing up in the cinematic acting exactly as he did the first time but with a twist. Also why Gul'dan was alive again. He's not a demon, and he's definitely dead because Illidan has his skull.

I dont feel Archimonde is the end boss, having the same end boss two expansions in a row seems kinda silly. Especially if they are trying hard to make Legion a better expansion then last 3 previous expansions.
    And it has to do with the Legion, an old god as the final boss doesnt make much sense.. We are doing our best to stop a legion invasion but the guy pulling the strings apparantly doesnt even control them? Like wtf...

I'm thinking an avatar of sargeras or maybe even Kil'Jaeden himself. Maybe as an avatar there too.. Hopefully the fight will be a bit different then it was in sunwell, enough with bosses being stuck in the ground (Ragnaros and KJ).

Taking the lore aspect that Sargeras is one of the single most powerful creatures in the entire universe? I don't think that's too much of a stretch. Getting a buff from the aspects to defeat Deathwing is one thing, since the Aspects and Deathwing are on the same level of power. Defeating a Titan, ie, the ones who gave the Aspects their power? That's a whole different story.

Granted I am willing to suspend disbelief with stuff like the Lich King and say yeah, maybe we could reasonably defeat them (even then, we would have died if not for Tyrion), but it's a little hard to suspend disbelief when you're talking about one of the most powerful creatures ever thought of being defeated by a bunch of mortals.

The Naaru shouldn't be involved either. If the Naaru were capable of defeating Sargeras and the Legion, they could just do it on their own. They don't need to give divine buffs to a bunch of mortals to achieve that. The entire concept of "divine being gives us divine power to defeat evil god that the divine being could have killed in the first place" is terrible. I don't put it beyond Blizzard to fall back on that, but it's a poor concept and doesn't make much sense.
    Don't you think we could get the powers of all the Titans then? They are roughly on the same level as Sargeras, since he is also a Titan. Some are still living and we are going out to collect the relics of the others with the powers they contain.

Make It Sargeras, then Med'an joins the fight, helps us take him down and shutdown WoW realms for something better please, enough with this casual mode nonsense :<

You are right that they are both dead, I remember reading somewhere that the legion could travel through different timelines so there wouldn't be an alternate timeline archimonde or mannoroth any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    You are right that they are both dead, I remember reading somewhere that the legion could travel through different timelines so there wouldn't be an alternate timeline archimonde or mannoroth any way.
    In legion we are going back to our timeline and forgetting all about WoD's timeline. The only one from there that will carry on is Gul'dan

Don't you think we could get the powers of all the Titans then? They are roughly on the same level as Sargeras, since he is also a Titan. Some are still living and we are going out to collect the relics of the others with the powers they contain.
    Sure we could but that's a cheesy way to do it. I like the concept of all the titans died so we have to go get their relics and take up their mantle and finish what they started and correct their mistakes. I don't like the concept of "you are chosen by the titans and they give you their power so you can beat Sargeras." Wat. Why can't they defeat him themselves?

Thus far we haven't beat a powerful threat on our own. Defeating yogg-saron required the help of watchers. The lich king would have killed us if not for tyrion. We didn't really defeat Deathwing in the lore, just distracted him long enough for the aspects to destroy him. We fought a much less powerful version of c'thun. Garrosh wasn't that much more powerful than us he was just deranged. And so forth.

So maybe we fight one of Sargeras' legs but without a cop out I don't see us being very instrumental in his defeat. The Titan idea is cool like I said, but only if they are all dead.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Not according to the chronicles Sargeras by himself kill the rest of the Pantheon

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure we could but that's a cheesy way to do it. I like the concept of all the titans died so we have to go get their relics and take up their mantle and finish what they started and correct their mistakes. I don't like the concept of "you are chosen by the titans and they give you their power so you can beat Sargeras." Wat. Why can't they defeat him themselves?

Thus far we haven't beat a powerful threat on our own. Defeating yogg-saron required the help of watchers. The lich king would have killed us if not for tyrion. We didn't really defeat Deathwing in the lore, just distracted him long enough for the aspects to destroy him. We fought a much less powerful version of c'thun. Garrosh wasn't that much more powerful than us he was just deranged. And so forth.

So maybe we fight one of Sargeras' legs but without a cop out I don't see us being very instrumental in his defeat. The Titan idea is cool like I said, but only if they are all dead.
    What if you had to duel/defeat the remaining Titans for their powers, while also gathering the relics to gain a full arsenal of Titan powers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Not according to the chronicles Sargeras by himself kill the rest of the Pantheon

Aggramar is still alive, Sargeras killed the rest of the Panteon though........nvm checked facts, he's dead
    Last edited by Krobane; 2016-04-11 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Archimonde is the same archimonde across both timelines. There is no "alternate archimonde."
    Its debatable whether or not we killed him in WoD. Guldan, some dreadlord I forgot (Tichondrius or other guy?), and Kil'jaeden, but NOT Archimonde, were warned to have to be taken down before we can face Sargeras. I think he may truly be dead, as we killed him in the Twisting Nether in mythic and usually Mythic is the "true lore ending."

- - - Updated - - -

I notice there have been a lot of hints and buildup to these Void Lords like there have been for the Legion in WoD. I'm thinking we may see Legion pour into some kind of Void expansion with old gods or the like. Perhaps killing N'zoth at this end expansion.
    You have to think, the Old Gods are all over the universe. I mean 4 of them latched onto Azeroth.