Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Adn how would that be different with Vanilla? How long would vanilla be fun? With even less content and updates than live version?
    You realize Vanilla servers have existed for years and are still going strong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Gradually turned to shit over time. Respect is worth more than trading a few sub fees for Ruby Sanctum, I'm sorry, but it is.
    Still no clear answer. You said blizz never returned any respect to you. So that must mean you've been having a miserable time all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Sure. People try it for a month or two and a small percent of them stay for years. Is that going strong?

Deleted
    Still no clear answer. You said blizz never returned any respect to you. So that must mean you've been having a miserable time all the time.
    Post 4.0, Blizzard didn't return any respect in terms of what WoW was. Past that point, the social game was abandoned. That's what I intend to say when I say there was a lack of respect.

Sure. People try it for a month or two and a small percent of them stay for years. Is that going strong?
    20% minimum is not small; for a server that is not officially developed, run off of the developers free time, in a small team, with no proprietary tools at their disposal.
    Last edited by mmoc3277a835d2; 2016-04-11 at 12:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as the community existed, and was incentivized to continue existing through the design philosophy of the game being pro-MMORPG, instead of pro-solo.

Gradually turned to shit over time. Respect is worth more than trading a few sub fees for Ruby Sanctum, I'm sorry, but it is.
    most of them -if not all- were removed for players like the one you are answering to lol

These small things made wow special: ammo, reagents, blue gear, pet happiness.

Now we are playing an arcade version of wow, on super easy

Adn how would that be different with Vanilla? How long would vanilla be fun? With even less content and updates than live version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yet people want OFFICIAL Legacy servers that they will have to subscribe to access, so the question is valid.

Post 4.0, Blizzard didn't return any respect in terms of what WoW was. Past that point, the social game was abandoned. That's what I intend to say when I say there was a lack of respect.
    Don't say never then.

Well as much fun as watching Zorkuus bait people until his bed time for a fifth day in a row would be; I'm gonna bail
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

That sure looks like something you tell to yourself to persuade you of your pre-existing opinion instead of something that's actually factual.

I played on Nostralius a little before stopping, mainly because I didn't want to put months of effort into character(s) that could be easily lost. Just like what happened.
    I also had rather meh ping to the server so that wasn't great. It was still a lot of fun though.

If Blizzard released a Classic server I'd come back and pay to play on it.
    Until then I'll just keep the retail version uninstalled and watch what happens *shrug*

The most insulting thing about this whole drama is the people who are so full of themselves that they're flat out telling others their opinions are wrong. That they don't actually want to play an older version of the game, or "it's just nostalgia"
    SWG and Runescape are the first things that come to mind when I read that tripe. It's not always "just nostalgia"
    Last edited by Sassafrass; 2016-04-11 at 12:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Yet people want OFFICIAL Legacy servers that they will have to subscribe to access, so the question is valid.
    actually, we want the difficulty and experience of vanilla. Not vanilla itself. Though Vanilla would be more than welcome too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Well as much fun as watching Zorkuus bait people until his bed time for a fifth day in a row would be; I'm gonna bail
    What? No, this is still the funniest place on the internet right now

Deleted
    Don't say never then.
    Bruh, semantics. If you've ever seen me post on here in LITERALLY A TRILLION YEARS, I tend to use hyperbole for the purpose of getting over the notable shit that nobody would otherwise read.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    actually, we want the difficulty and experience of vanilla. Not vanilla itself.
    I don't think you speak for all of you.

Deleted
    actually, we want the difficulty and experience of vanilla. Not vanilla itself. Though Vanilla would be more than welcome too
    I think you are part of another group then. Nostalrius is about getting the same exact vanilla there was originally.

BS. There is over 500 pages with former Nost members wanting an official Legacy server with 1.12.1.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    I think you are part of another group then. Nostalrius is about getting the same exact vanilla there was originally.
    both of you, read all my post. Vanilla is more than welcome, but its the actual experience and difficulty that is desired

Deleted
    It's a general mindset. If people want classic legacy servers, it's most likely true that the same people would enjoy a conceptually accurate, but modern iteration. It's not like we're hipsters that desire to experience the same shitty server lag, or want the graphics to get worse.

Deleted
    any evidence for that or are you just making shit up?

Deleted
    It's a general mindset. If people want classic legacy servers, it's most likely true that the same people would enjoy a conceptually accurate, but modern iteration. It's not like we're hipsters that desire to experience the same shitty server lag, or want the graphics to get worse.
    You say that, but I saw a lot of posts that wan't exactly that. Worse graphics, Class imbalance, hunter weapons. All the fun of the past decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    any evidence for that or are you just making shit up?
    Nost's sub numbers are evidence enough for me