Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    So a new expansion, dungeons, raids, world bosses etc aren't considered content by you? Cause they are, in actuality
    That's content that you pay for. Back in my day, we used to get multiple content patches per expansion that we didn't pay for.

Deleted
    More content, more often™

Anyone remember that statement?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Just because they don't add end-game content, does not mean a patch was content-less. It just means YOU didn't like what was in it. HUGE difference.
    6.1 was not a content patch. There was no content in it. Bug fixes and class tuning improvements are not content. Twitter integration and screenshot tools are not content. UI elements are not content. The heirloom tab, while it was a welcome quality of life change, is not content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's shameful.

Yes, it should be much better.

Yes, people will still defend the most dreadful content provision we've ever suffered with this game.

That should be the question put to Chilton and his cronies at every opportunity; are you actually going to give people some content for their subscription money, or just keep cutting corners to make your shareholders rich?

I reckon most people probably know the answer, but it'd be fun to see him try and answer it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    More content, more often™
    exactly my thoughts
    worked in pandaria and dreanor, will definitely work in legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    That's content that you pay for. Back in my day, we used to get multiple content patches per expansion that we didn't pay for.
    You did pay for it; you paid for it via your subscription.

But, yes, your point is correct - expansions aren't content patches in the traditional sense, as you pay for the box up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Expansions are not content patches, because you have to pay extra for them.

The point the OP is trying to make, it seems like Blizzard wants to charge money for each content update now, and they're working on ways to do it.
    Expansions are indeed no content patches but every straight patch (1.0, 2.0 etc) is free for all. You dont need to buy the expanison to get the pre-patch. So technically, yes indeed they are content patches. More often then not really big ones as in many mechanics change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Expansions are indeed no content patches but every straight patch (1.0, 2.0 etc) is free for all. You dont need to buy the expanison to get the pre-patch. So technically, yes indeed they are content patches. More often then not really big ones as in many mechanics change.
    The pre-patch is nothing you will get because you already paid for it either for the last add on or via subscription fee. They need it to prepare for the launch for the next content.

And in the last 3 years you got less for your money than ever before. Compared to BC or Wrath WoD was a scam and compared to the content drought in MoP, this one now is way worse.

As somebody already mentioned, they think we should pay for every content patch and we will get less and less, because it is them who deserve more money, not we who deserve more content or a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    And yet Blizzard promised us more content and faster patches since what, Cataclysm? Guess they did the opposite of what they promised. And they accomplished this with a much bigger team? Come on, somewhere the management is f*cking up bigtime.
    Blizzard wanted to release a new expansion every years since... guess what... 2006 with the launch of BC. Don't believe me? Just read what their CEO wrote back then.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19280

Originally Posted by GIBiz article

New World of Warcraft expansions every year - Blizzard

Ellie Gibson 15:41 24/08/2006
    Sams still confident of winter ship date for Burning Crusade

Blizzard COO Paul Sams has told GamesIndustry.biz that the company plans to release a new expansion pack for multi-million selling MMO World of Warcraft every year.

Speaking in an exclusive interview, Sams said, "Starting with The Burning Crusade, every year thereafter we plan on bringing out a new expansion set - so every 12 months."

The Burning Crusade is the first expansion pack to be released for WOW. According to Sams, details of the beta will be announced in the near future. As for the release date - "We're still quoting very confidently winter and we will be more specific on the timeframe quite soon."

Although the code on the show floor in Leipzig this week has already been shown once, at E3, German consumers don't seem to mind - with Blizzard's booth almost impossible to navigate on the first public day of exhibition.

Visit GamesIndustry.biz tomorrow to read the full interview with Paul Sams and find out which next-gen machine he prefers, and what his thoughts are with regard to bringing WOW to consoles.

---
    GamesIndustry.biz removed the news last year, don't know why.

So they plan this for 10 years now and always failed.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

It really pisses me off everytime I hear it. This game is being run into the ground by a bunch of idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    With the beta still to even start, September or just before is looking extremely likely.
    Current state of Alpha is beyond the start of beta by a long shot. If this were any other expansion it would have been named Beta months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    With the beta still to even start, September or just before is looking extremely likely.
    Current alpha is farther along than any brand new beta for previous expansions. When are you guys going to get that through your heads? Have you even watched any of the alpha content?

Blizzard has never before testing mythic raid bosses and challenge modes in so called alpha. The current alpha is beta in every way except for name.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Yes, it's shameful.

Yes, it should be much better.

Yes, people will still defend the most dreadful content provision we've ever suffered with this game.

That should be the question put to Chilton and his cronies at every opportunity; are you actually going to give people some content for their subscription money, or just keep cutting corners to make your shareholders rich?

I reckon most people probably know the answer, but it'd be fun to see him try and answer it.
    I love the implication that they are providing less content so that they can get more money and get rich. That's not how game development works people. They are still paying designers tons of money to work on and produce these games, and less content means less people paying for your product. It's pretty simple. If they wanted to make more money they would make more content and just charge people for it.

Call it incompetence, call it stupidity, call it whatever you want, but it's definitely not some internal money making conspiracy.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    And yet Blizzard promised us more content and faster patches since what, Cataclysm? Guess they did the opposite of what they promised. And they accomplished this with a much bigger team? Come on, somewhere the management is f*cking up bigtime.
    The bigger team was created when they started making Legion, not when they were making WoD.

And being on the Alpha, I know I will be playing it alot. Great game play, great zones, alot of stuff to do, Artifact quests / aquisition of artifact power, new stones to put into the weapons/shields and what not.

Im not sure about daily quests yet, because they havent added them yet. But I think it will be a MoP sorta thing, where you do quests each day and go through a story/history lesson about the faction your doing the quests for.

And the order halls are nothing like the current Garrisons are.

Blizzard said a 2 tier expansion was a mistake. So either Legion is going to bet a 3 tier expansion, or they meant that the opposite way of what we're thinking and it will be a 1 tier expansion.

Ultimately it won't matter of legion is amazing, but another WOD will kill this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingelf View Post
    Siege of Orgrimmar (Patch 5.4) was released in Oktober 2013, Hellfire Citadell (6.2) was released in July 2015 and after 14 months of no new content and the release of Legion in September, the next content patch could follow in 2017. (No, 6.1 was no Content patch, even Blizzard had to admit that)

So not only do we get less content, we even get it less often for the last 3 years now and the trend will pretty much continue like that. So 7.2, if there even is one, will be released end of 2018 or early 2019.
    Yes, 6.1 was a content patch. Expansion release was a content source too. As for Legion, September 21st is the latest release. As for the next content patch, well, 2017 will have one.. maybe even 2016, depending on when/what.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't a pre-patch count as content?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    No this is how it works. Ever expation "cycle" Starts at X.0 Which last for lets say 2 months then comes the 2nd path at the relase of the expation, then a 6 months in comes X.1 and then 6 months later X.2, Then is a wait period of 1 year and 3 months which totalt count as legit content cus they are adding store mounths and Doing stuff in the alfa so we can not complain about lack of stuff in the main game, cus they are doing stuff for the alfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Blizzard said a 2 tier expansion was a mistake. So either Legion is going to bet a 3 tier expansion, or they meant that the opposite way of what we're thinking and it will be a 1 tier expansion.
    I don't understand why they don't do 3 tiers, 3 arena seasons that each Tier/season is 5 months long then a 6-8 month break before the xpac. There is no excuse. Their team is large as hell and other MMOs with smaller teams can pump out content way faster. There is no excuse now for these stupid droughts that they kept saying would be shorter and shorter and have gotten longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't understand why they don't do 3 tiers, 3 arena seasons that each Tier/season is 5 months long then a 6-8 month break before the xpac. There is no excuse. Their team is large as hell and other MMOs with smaller teams can pump out content way faster. There is no excuse now for these stupid droughts that they kept saying would be shorter and shorter and have gotten longer.
    Because a 2 tier expansion costs less resources to make and you buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Because a 2 tier expansion costs less resources to make and you buy it anyway.
    I know but you know what I mean. They can easily do that model that I've suggested and you know they've wanted to avoid droughts since Cata and they have failed. I'm waiting to see the raid layout for Legion before I make my final decision because raiding is a big thing for me I do admit. If it's 2 or less tiers then I won't bother.