Poll: What should I feel?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    This new generation has the boys wearing skinny girl jeans, dressing up like my little pony and living with their parents until they are in the 30s. Most cant do laundry, run a vacuum cleaner or just a lawnmower. If for some reason they end up in the military they cry and whine because the mean man yelled at them. They have learned little to no respect for authority or boundries. They have little to no work ethic. They expect things to be just given to them because for some reason they have been told that they deserve a trophy just for showing up. You have kids beating their parents because the parents are too scared to punish a child for threat of the police being called.
    Every generation complains that the kids today are the worst. But as it is now, it is really true. They admire the Kardashians and other pseudo celebs. They dont aspire to be anything greater then what the least amount of effort can bring them. They are so dependent on Digital technology that if we were to lose the electric grid, they would be the first to die off because so few of them have learned self reliance or any real life skills.
    Holy fucking shit man, can you generalize people anymore? You do realize what you are quoting is a small fucking minority right? I'm 24, work 40 hours as an IT tech and am currently starting up my own business, I must lack work ethic because my parents didn't beat my ass! I have plenty of friends working in trades anywhere from electricians to lineman to plumbers, all work 40+ hours and are either in the process of buying a house or live at home helping their parents out.

You do realize one can live with their parents when they're in their 20's right? Maybe the kid needs help getting started in life or hey maybe just maybe the parents fell on hard times and their child is helping them now. Stop projecting like a fucking "back in mahh day" derp, makes you look like a fucking moron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    The only issue here is that you're assuming every child is exactly the same and you can apply the exact same technique and have 100% the same results. I use to think that way and then I had kids. The first one was at times a nightmare and all the stern looks and long talks did nothing. #2 was just a big ol cuddle buddy, very relaxed and passive and much more submissive. Sterns looks worked great on him.

You are free to sit and judge that we were obviously just terrible parents, but the oldest needed a much stronger level of discipline. Around 17 he finally pushed his mother to the point she knocked him on his ass and gave him the I brought you in this world, I'll take you out lecture. Again, I know world's worst parents. But now that he's 23 and calm down 100 fold, he calls his mom his best friend and acts like any other loving son and he and I get along great, because he finally recognized I wasn't out to get him.

It's not always black and white
    Still from what you described you didn't beat him, it sounds like your wife simply had enough and gave him some shit while I imagine shoving him or whatnot. Granted people like sticking to extremes every chance they get. No shit it's not black and white and things will always be different but the second you have to start beating someone to get a point across you've failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Holy fucking shit man, can you generalize people anymore? You do realize what you are quoting is a small fucking minority right? I'm 24, work 40 hours as an IT tech and am currently starting up my own business, I must lack work ethic because my parents didn't beat my ass! I have plenty of friends working in trades anywhere from electricians to lineman to plumbers, all work 40+ hours and are either in the process of buying a house or live at home helping their parents out.

You do realize one can live with their parents when they're in their 20's right? Maybe the kid needs help getting started in life or hey maybe just maybe the parents fell on hard times and their child is helping them now. Stop projecting like a fucking "back in mahh day" derp, makes you look like a fucking moron.
    Amen.

Only sad saps ever use the "this generation!"-card, really. So many different individuals and life stories in every generation, it's impossible to generalize unless you're really trying hard to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Feeding human food to a dog, food not meant for the dog, is a waste, people who think otherwise, are wrong.
    That's just your opinion.

For it to have been a waste it would have to have had no positive impact what so ever. If he had thrown it in the garbage, then it would have been a waste because no one would have benefited from that. But feeding it to the dog is not a waste since the dog benefited from it.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-04-09 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    So you just take it at face value? The 16 year old did nothing wrong. The dad was 100% completely out of line and for no reason other than he's a total self serving douche bag did he feed the dog cottage cheese. Well it is always possible, but we obviously have different life experiences and mine tells me there is a lot more to the story than what we got.
    Yeah totally, the kid probably stole from his dad and did drugs and then as punishment he fed his cheese to the dog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Do they not have financing in the EU?
    EU does not have a federation-wide policy for housing. My country has a small policy regarding that, but only for couples and only with a large + given back at refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Same but I wasn't making posts complaining about my parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Old enough to move out lol.
    and more than likely be massively disadvantaged.

Unable to save for a mortgage cause you're paying rent. Living with a friend/stranger who would most likely have worse habits than his dad.
    But yeah, he'll have his 'independence'. I'm sure he'll appreciate that when he gets to 21, realises his mates have all saved for a mortgage and are now in a much better position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    That's so bizarre, and frankly so are the results of the poll.
    Why would he feed your food to a dog instead of dog food?
    Why do people think this is totally fine?
    Nothing wrong in feeding your dog the occasional treat.
    A nice chicken breast has got to be much more appealing than dry kibble and water.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing says family like passive aggression

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    You contradict yourself in the same sentence.

"Their home, their rules, but yeah he's really being a dick."

So what now?
    Well on the contrary, I'm not contradicting myself at all.

I'm saying his dad is a dick, but as it is his house, OP has two options:

1. Move the fuck out.
    2. Live with it.

I don't see how that's contradicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Most of the stuff we eat to enjoy aren't good for our diets.
    That is quite true.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Sounds like he did it to rile you up and provoking some kind of reaction. I don't like this passive-aggressive behaviour, especially not from parents.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Sounds like he did it to rile you up and provoking some kind of reaction. I don't like this passive-aggressive behaviour, especially not from parents.
    Do you have any kids?

Sorry, but Dad's house = Dad's rules. Maybe he's being a dick here, but in his house, he's allowed to be a dick all he wants.

Doesn't matter if you're 13 or 40. The "Dad's house = Dad's rules" thing still applies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you check the date on that cottage cheese? I bet it was about to spoil, so your dad was feeding it to the dog just to get it used up. Afterall there is a fresher tub of it in the fridge already, why let this stuff spoil?

Next time be more considerate about wasting food before you go buying extra cottage cheese, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you're right to be mad about this, I would be. My parents would never do this because first of all you DON'T fucking feed a glob of cottage cheese to a dog, pretty sure that's not good for them. Not only that but that is totally inconsiderate of him to just take the stuff you bought and give it to the dog. It's like throwing away food. I could see if he was eating some but not the dog it totally changes the situation. If you want to feed the dog, give it dog treats or feed it dog food.

To the people who are like "grow up, you live in your dads house stfu, this is not an issue" answer me this: Ok, so you go out and buy some groceries for yourself. One day you notice half of it is missing. Not really questioning it you go out and buy some more to replace the ones that are missing. You open the fridge again and again more food is missing. Again back to the store. Open the fridge and AGAIN there's food missing. Now you find out that your dad/mom has been feeding the dog the food that you kept buying. Now would you be ok with this? You're telling the OP that it's not an issue so are you saying you would be willing to go back and forth to the store wasting your money on food that is being fed to the dog?

Just because he lives in his parent's house doesn't give his parent the right to just throw OP's food, that he spent his money on, away to the dog.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-04-11 at 02:18 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    To the people who are like "grow up, you live in your dads house stfu, this is not an issue" answer me this: Ok, so you go out and buy some groceries for yourself. One day you notice half of it is missing. Not really questioning it you go out and buy some more to replace the ones that are missing. You open the fridge again and again more food is missing. Again back to the store. Open the fridge and AGAIN there's food missing. Now you find out that your dad/mom has been feeding the dog the food that you kept buying. Now would you be ok with this? You're telling the OP that it's not an issue so are you saying you would be willing to go back and forth to the store wasting your money on food that is being fed to the dog?
    I never had any money. And when groceries were purchased (by my parents) it was for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I never had any money. And when groceries were purchased (by my parents) it was for everyone.
    Even the dog? So instead of buying dog food you were just feeding it spaghetti, steak, potatoes, and chicken wings?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Buy food that your dad will not eat? Don't get pets if you don't care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Even the dog? So instead of buying dog food you were just feeding it spaghetti, steak, potatoes, and chicken wings?
    No dogs.

Couple of cats...they had cat food.
    I've had times when I shared my milk with "Tiger."
    Those were strangely good moments.

Are you paying rent to live there? If you are, they should respect your private space. Stuff you put in the shared space like the kitchen is fair game. I'd buy a small fridge and put it in your room. Problem solved. If you aren't paying rent, then you don't really have much say, nor should you. In that case don't buy shit and put in the fridge. Save your money and eat out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Just had a arguement with my pops. Trying to figure out if I am being to "small" about this. I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen, and he is scooping my cottage cheese that I bought into the dogs food bowl. I stood there for a minute, kind of perplexed, and said "um... can you please not feed my food that I bought to the dog?" and he smiled and said nothing. Again, perplexed, I pressed the issue, and of course I am made out to be the bad guy because "it's his house and I've eaten his groceries before" ... we all eat each others groceries. And we all replace them. Every time. We are good like that and don't ever consider eating each others groceries a problem. And there is more cottage cheese in the fridge. But isn't that not really the point though? It's.... the dog. We all love the dog. The dog is awesome. But um... dog eats dog food. Not others groceries. Makes me wonder how many times my groceries, which like any other person, work to buy, have gone into the dog food bowl because he "likes to jazz up the dogs food".
    Maybe it's a way to tell you to move out?