Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No dogs.

Couple of cats...they had cat food.
    I've had times when I shared my milk with "Tiger."
    Those were strangely good moments.
    Well see that's a different story. You weren't giving the food to the pets. Human food was for humans and pet food was for pets, as it should be. What I was talking about was buying food for yourself and having someone else take that food and giving it to the pet causing you to be going back and forth to the grocery store spending money on things you just bought.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-04-11 at 02:46 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Maybe this is your dads way of saying it is time to leave the nest.

Hmf...dog is part of the family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Are you paying rent to live there? If you are, they should respect your private space. Stuff you put in the shared space like the kitchen is fair game. I'd buy a small fridge and put it in your room. Problem solved. If you aren't paying rent, then you don't really have much say, nor should you. In that case don't buy shit and put in the fridge. Save your money and eat out.
    This doesn't make much sense here. You are telling him to save money by going out to restaurants and pay $10- $20 for a meal everyday? Where's the saving money part? So OP is not allowed to buy anything of his own because anything he buys is up for grabs for anyone to do what they want with it? So it'd be fine if the dad just took something OP bought and just threw it out?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by thefkuffyrocker View Post
    Maybe this is your dads way of saying it is time to leave the nest.
    The best way to "say" that is for dad to start walking around the house naked.

And if he starts chasing the wife around...omg..."I'm scarred for life!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran into this problem when I got out of the Navy. I had to live with my parents for about 3 months until my severance pay kicked in and I could afford to move out. I did have a job, but min. wage isn't enough to move out on up here.

Anyway, I bought my own groceries, and for the most part just ate my own food. One day I noticed that people were starting to filch my food. This went on for about a week before I confronted my mom. She pulled that same 'as long as you're under my roof' and all that bullshit. So instead of eating my own food, I stopped buying my own and just chowed down on theirs. They didn't like that, not at all. I almost completely cleared out their fridge and freezer inside of two weeks. So we had the conversation again, and they agreed to stop eating the food I was buying.

Now, I didn't live 'rent free', per se. I wasn't paying them, but I did all the yard work, including keeping up after the dog mess in the yard, and picking up all the fruit falling from the apple and pear trees they had. I even stripped and painted the outside of the house. I would even pitch in for gas and the occasional groceries.

I get so fucking tired of parents giving that excuse. Or the "Well, I raised you, you owe me" bullshit. It irritates me to no fucking end. It's like, you want me to be independent, but you eat all of my food. Or drive my car, burn all of my gas that I paid for, because your car is low. Or take my cigarettes (I don't smoke, but I've heard that one a lot). If you didn't want to raise your child, dad should've pulled out and given your mom a fucking facial. You have a child, you raise the child, that doesn't mean they have to pay your back for all that time you spent raising them. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

In the OP's case, the main issue is that the dog should not be eating cottage cheese. Ever. Unless the dad was doing it purely to be a spiteful dick, there is no reason that shit should ever grace the dog's dish. Now, assuming dear old dad wasn't being a douchecanoe on purpose, he could be that he didn't realize he was using the OP's cottage cheese, and after getting found out, decided to take the childish way out and respond as he did. He could've just went "Oh shit son, I'm sorry, I didn't realize" and gone from there.

Although it could very well be that douchecanoe dad was just trying to get rid of the OP's cottage cheese because, well, he's a douchecanoe and that's what they do.

Also, if OP is living in the states, moving out before you're 18 is not nearly as easy as you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Cottage cheese is not harmful to a dog if given once n a while as a treat or to help with a upset stomach.

https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-care/n...ed-people-food

https://www.vetinfo.com/is-it-safe-f...at-cheese.html

While I think there should be a level of respect for each other in a house, at the end of the day...his house..his rules, no like? Take your cheese and move on out.
    Also, cottage cheese to the dog...oh man...lol

I dont get the arguement where you should have to put up with anything just because you live with your parents. Cant help someones age.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Makes me wonder how many times my groceries, which like any other person, work to buy, have gone into the dog food bowl because he "likes to jazz up the dogs food".
    When you're pondering such questions, do you also wonder how many times you've benefited from or consumed something your dad (or anybody else in the household) has bought or shared?

It sounds like you're really concerned with delineation of property, but be careful what you wish for.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    "3. Cheese. A great treat for a dog as long as she isn’t lactose intolerant, which a small percentage are. Make sure to monitor your dog’s reaction. Opt for low or reduced fat varieties and don’t overfeed, as many cheeses can be high in fat. Cottage cheese is typically a good choice."

A lot of people who know nothing about dogs here. Stop speaking shit. OP: wtf? I don't get your reaction. What difference does it make how he uses it if he replaces it?

How teens think...

- - - Updated - - -

But OP already said they all take from eachother all the time. So what the hell is the difference in giving a treat to the dog instead of slurping it down himself?

The lack of comprehensive thought in this thread is astounding.
    Insults others for not knowing anything about dogs while not knowing anything about dogs yourself.

Dogs are carnivores. They do not need dairy and cannot process it fully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Cottage cheese is not harmful to a dog if given once n a while as a treat or to help with a upset stomach.

https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-care/n...ed-people-food

https://www.vetinfo.com/is-it-safe-f...at-cheese.html
    Neither Cesar nor vets know anything about canine nutrition. And just because something won't kill them doesn't mean it's appropriate or healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I know some people do not get along with their parents but if you are living at home with him, you are either not of age or you normally get along with him fairly well. Keep in mind, he may not have been even trying to piss you off. How was he to know that you purchased it? Was it not in the kitchen refrigerator? Maybe he felt like you was jumping his shit over something he considered trivial. Do not sweat the small stuff, there are much worse things in life than conflicts over cheese!

On a side note, keep in mind. Your old man will not be around forever; he may piss you off now but when you get older and he is long gone, you may have regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Insults others for not knowing anything about dogs while not knowing anything about dogs yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither Cesar nor vets know anything about canine nutrition. And just because something won't kill them doesn't mean it's appropriate or healthy.
    I have bred and raised Mastiffs for 20 years, been actively involved with Training and protection sports. I know quite a few Vets who are Canine nutrition experts as wel as many people who big into Raw diets. Cottage cheese is not harmful to them as a treat or to help with digestive issues. No one said they are making cottage cheese a part of their diet.
    So what experience do you have in the field of canine nutrition?

There is only one king in the castle. Once you have your own space you will understand your father in a great new way.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

We don't need dairy as well, so what's your point?

PS: Dogs are facultative carnivores (something you never heard of) which means they have no problem processing non-meat.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-04-11 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    id be mad at him for feeding cottage cheese to the dog because i'm fairly certain that's really a terrible thing for the dog to eat.

not something worth STAYING mad at him over though.
    Probably the best answer. Don't be mad at him for using your groceries on the dog, be mad that he's potentially harming the dog.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more surprised that as a 16 year old you have a Super Mario RPG avatar.

Feeding the dog unorthodox things is strange though, I'd only take issue with your post if you were complaining that your dad was eating your food for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Probably the best answer. Don't be mad at him for using your groceries on the dog, be mad that he's potentially harming the dog.
    i'm apparently a dumb fuck for not knowing i should feed my dogs cheese. apparently. i did say i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Start fucking with him. Move stuff around. Sit in his seat. Stare him in the eyes whenever you talk to him. Wrestle him to the ground occasionally. Become the alpha and he won't mess with your cheese.

Alternatively kill the dog.
    lol... i laughed

I'd like to hear the argument that took place just before the story started. The argument your dad ended with, "your stuff? oh yeah? watch this".

I suspect your Dad helped himself to "your" cottage cheese, probably by mistake. You didn't realize it was a mistake and took it as a front to your personally belongings and attempted to scold your Dad for eating "your" cottage cheese. Your dad, now peeved that his 16 year old was trying to scold him for eating a few cents worth of your stuff, when you've eaten thousands of dollar's of his stuff, decided to show you how much he cared about your opinion on what you declared "yours" while not paying any bills under his roof, then proceeded to smile while feeding the rest of "your" cottage cheese to the dog.

As an aside, would be curious to know if you paid for that cottage cheese out of the allowance your dad gives you.

Not saying your dad handled this in the most mature way, just saying since he has all the power while you are living there, try to be more tactful or just decide not to confront your pop when/if he helps himself to some of your stuff.