Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Yet Nostalrius had plans to add BC and WotLK.
    And?

Vanilla, BC, WotLK, MoP, WoD are all good and interesting games to play and preserve in their own right. Of course some will be less distinguishable depending on how close they are to each other (ie WoD is closer to MoP than to WotLK), but all of them had different pros, cons and approaches to different parts of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by awesowe View Post
    Considering that it didn't hurt anyone (completely free) I fail to see how can this be good news for anyone.
    Sorry but this is wrong, the Hoster company made cash from something that belongs to blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't see any reason for the sub to be lower than the "normal" sub.
    Yeah don't really feel like skimming over the whole vid of that cretin to find the argument there but why an extra product they'd have to offer outside of their regular service isn't really obvious to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    People who play the game for free shouldn't get that right. Good riddance. Hope everyone learned their lesson. And you can be wise guys and join another private server, but that'll get shut down too. Learn how intellectual property and the law works. If you're playing any version of the game for free, that's against the law and I hope you all cry about it. In addition, why on EARTH would Blizzard ever put up legacy servers. It's laughable. Hey, I have a great idea -- let's release a game we've worked on for 10 years and put up a server that has the shittiest version of it. Sounds logical.
    They cater Mythic raiding, which, from the little research I did, had the player participation lower-or close to- the amount of players actively playing on that specific private server.
    Should we remove Mythic too?

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    since when you tell me what to post or not ...
    It's against the rules to post it over and over again. Just be glad I'm not a mod and not reporting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    People need to open their eyes, content-wise Blizzard has not evolved their title in any worthwhile sence in MY oppinion.
    Just because you dont like something it doesnt mean everyone sle has to hate it right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No it isn't... Even the mods gave it the thumbs up. Nost is gone, so we can talk about it. Especially since Blizzard themselves are letting similar threads exist on their forums. There's no harm in letting people discuss this topic on a server that doesn't exist.
    I have PMed a couple mods on the very subject.

Just because they have neglected to act thus far, does not mean that they shouldn't act, or shouldn't have already done so.

There is nothing new in this thread or discussion that hasn't been addressed countless times in threads before advocating private legacy servers. Hell a quick search would yield several other threads created just today on the very same topic.

The main difference (and the biggest rule breaker) is that THIS thread provides a link to an "open letter" which is simply a petition. Therefore the thread and its proponents are advertising for this third party. Which is VERY much against forum rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    It's almost as if they care about having an enjoyable game, more than they care about a Multi-billion dollar company's woes about losing a few pennies to a passion-project. WOW.
    With that thinking its okay that I take 1 Buck of you income each month right? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Didn't know that Mario games were subscription based, and that with every new Mario game that came out the old ones were altered is some way.... Oh wait.
    Irrelevant, Super Mario 64 is very different from the newest Mario, just like vanilla WoW is very different from WoD. Of course they wouldn't alter Mario and couldn't if they did want to. What are they going to do? track down every cartridge and alter it? Nintendo wants their previous games to live on as they were, which is why they offer them on their e shop.

That's a really, REALLY stupid comparison that only a child would come up with.
    Whoa, straight to the insults huh? Do you need a hug? You think you do, but you don't. Sorry, no hugs.

Just because they have neglected to act thus far, does not mean that they shouldn't act, or shouldn't have already done so.

There is nothing new in this thread or discussion that hasn't been addressed countless times in threads before advocating private legacy servers. Hell a quick search would yield several other threads created just today on the very same topic.

The main difference (and the biggest rule breaker) is that THIS thread provides a link to an "open letter" which is simply a petition. Therefore the thread and its proponents are advertising for this third party. Which is VERY much against forum rules.
    But the website hits and the $$$ from the ads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    he has a valid point, how much content is there to do in vanilla? now how much of that content people have played through already? vanilla realm simply doesnt look like it could prosper long-term, considering there would be zero patces ever, most people interested in vanilla would finish the content in a couple of months and considering vanilla had very little replayability, those people would just... leave. it simply wouldnt be worth it for blizzard.
    But again... Nostalrius had plans to implement BC and WotLK long term.

It wasn't JUST a vanilla server.

-snip-
    Lol this is like if Blizzard would open a legacy server...

Just ignore it you don't like it? You know you can just not click on the thread right?

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Im pretty sure its been shown most players on retail dont make it past level 20.

Also I like that you talk about facts, then make some huge unsubstantiated claim and dont bother to give a shred of evidence. Do you have any proof that most Nost players didnt make it past 30?
    Nost themselves put out a chart that showed a bar graph of level 30+ players and how many of their playerbase were at what level. The main one missing from said graph was 1-20 which would have dominated the other numbers on the graph. And that is if we're taking Nost's numbers as facts which I personally don't.

Neglected? They've actively participated... There are a few mods that posted in the thread saying it's fine to keep it open. Holy shit dude, just drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Lol this is like if Blizzard would open a legacy server...

Just ignore it you don't like it? You know you can just not click on the thread right?
    Let me know if that logic works the next time you commit an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    People who play the game for free shouldn't get that right. Good riddance. Hope everyone learned their lesson. And you can be wise guys and join another private server, but that'll get shut down too. Learn how intellectual property and the law works. If you're playing any version of the game for free, that's against the law and I hope you all cry about it. In addition, why on EARTH would Blizzard ever put up legacy servers. It's laughable. Hey, I have a great idea -- let's release a game we've worked on for 10 years and put up a server that has the shittiest version of it. Sounds logical.
    You're asuming that WoW only gets better the older it gets and the number if expansions it has.. Which at this point in time is highly debatable.

Let me know if that logic works the next time you commit an infraction.
    But you're not a mod. What do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Jesus christ now I know you're trolling. Nost supported far more players than any Blizz server ever has, was well run and stable, and then you tell me it was 'ducttaped together'?
    Okay I'm just going off things Nost players have said in this thread. But from what I understand:
    Some specs did not work such as feral tank druids
    Some dungeons did not function properly
    Changes were made from original Vanilla such as AV being slightly different
    There are more from earlier in the thread but I'm not going to try and find them with the thread this large.

So which is it? Was it well run and stable or did it have issues with proper coding/bugs and not everything functioned as it was supposed to. Cause I've heard conflicting things here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    They cater Mythic raiding, which, from the little research I did, had the player participation lower-or close to- the amount of players actively playing on that specific private server.
    Should we remove Mythic too?
    This may be the silliest argument I've ever heard. I don't even know how to respond. So because Mythic, which requires coordination and 20 people.. I.. just don't even know how to respond since this is so illogical. What exactly is your point? How does removing Mythic have anything to do at all with a few thousand people (bloated 150k... laughable and a lie) playing on a private server. I just can't.. what is your point? There is zero correlation between Mythic raiding and a private server. Why did you even post this lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    Keep the videos coming, people! We will not be silenced.

I'd pay $15 a month for legacy servers FYI.
    All these videos are just promoting illegal activities.

Maybe you would pay, however there are many others that only played because it was free.