Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    It was 150k.
    https://en.nostalrius.org/medias/infographic.jpg
    This is the updated infographic, if it's ok to link to nostalrius site. It doesn't have every number the old had, but it's from this morning.
    I swear one of them mentioned something along the lines of "30k players ranking each week" which means 30k players got "some HKs" that week, right? Or I misunderstand how the PvP system used to work...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    History. You lived through a different one to me. I mean, you're second paragraph describes what happened to heroics in Wrath (kinda countering the lots of communication part) and then dungeons DID get harder but because of the dungeon finder tool and the fact no one had had to communicate in a 5 man for over a year of Wrath previously; everyone said "AIN'T NOBOY GOT TIME FOR THAT" and they were nerfed to the ground.

Like, were you even there, man? Were you even there?

Concede that the 3 Frozen Halls heroics were tough even for people wearing some ToC gear, but with the ICC frozen badgers stuff, it wasn't long before 3+/5 of your group would be able to cheese and it became a snooze fest again.
    WotLK was a joke for 5 mans. You right.

Although I do remember stonecore in cata facefucking quite a few people until gear started to topple it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Is it illegal to modify a game file for personal use? Is it consdiered copyright infringement specifically?

I might be wrong, but I've always seen copyright infringement specifically as the act of aquiring/sharing something illegally, and not really the act of using/playing it.
    When you are using copyrighted material that is licensed to you, you must abide by the terms of the license, assuming that the license is legally enforceable. Shrink-wrap/click-to-install licenses have always had a shaky legal footing, but things are much clearer if you are paying for a monthly service, or appropriating intellectual property en masse (like artwork, lore, characters, et cetera; or giving away cracked copies of software that normally costs money).

There are separate laws that may also apply. For example, if you decrypt or reverse-engineer software (in order to modify it) you may be violating anti-circumvention laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I said this before but this is why communication from blizz, or any company for that matter is so low.
    Because when they do communicate, they can't help but insult players and their desires? No matter how you look at it, telling someone what they do and do not want is incredibly insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Except Blizzard isn't SOE or Daybreak or whomever controls EQ1 now. All that would do is have a rush of people making illegal servers to try and get Blizzard to hire them. I think Blizz does not want MORE private servers happening. WoW is a pay to play game, Everquest hasn't been for many years. So it wouldn't make sense to try and have competing free servers going up against a paid game. When it was Free-EQ vs fan-server free EQ it was a lot easier to just go to the one catering to 1999 play.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Nobody with a brain or any knowledge of standard IT practice believe this crap.
    I don't believe it for a second, but that's blizzard's official response.

Now that WoD inflated gold to absurd levels I cut back on that and my pet collection is 100% complete as the 5 pets I'm missing I cannot obtain due to being like 4000 dollars.
    OT but Holy fuck. I mean, I was collecting pets in MoP as I hit lvl cap about a week before the rest of my guild and it was new and I never played Pokemon as a kid. But even then before the "release 10 new pets a patch" thing, there was a fuck tonne of them Kudos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Although I do remember stonecore in cata facefucking quite a few people until gear started to topple it.

BREAK YOURSELF UPON MY BODY!

Good times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

BREAK YOURSELF UPON MY BODY!

Good times
    *eyetwitch*

people still fail in timewalking. WHY.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Well that is a bit true and not true at the same time. WotLK had plenty of communication in dungeons as the dungeons still posted a good challenge, even more so with the 3 later dungeons they introduced near the end.
    LOL
    No, and no.
    WotLK was precisely the moment discussions started to die in dungeons when they integrated the LFD tool (I was there, it's one of the main thing that drove me away from the game, and it happened nearly overnight with the tool), and no the dungeons were not challenging at all. I have very clear, vivid and precise memories (and a bunch of screenshots to assure me they are true in case I doubt it) about how we just facerolled them. I even remember the "hey, did you forgot to put it in Heroic ?" asked at the beginning of a few instances 'cause we were just tearing through mob in quest green.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    In other news, the petition has reached over 75,000 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community

No matter your opinion on the issue, thats insane!!!
    The only insanity is thinking petitions like that have any real meaning.

I mean, I could go sign it as "Nost Ballswinger", and it would have as much impact and meaning as anyone else signing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    It was more like 15k on one global server.
    Unless you have proof otherwise, all we have is the word of those who ran the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Tell me where anyone said blizzard knew the exact amount.

I got time.
    Exact might of been the wrong word, but it has been said several times that Blizzard knows the interest levels at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    In other news, the petition has reached over 75,000 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community No matter your opinion on the issue, thats insane!!!
    As you can type in yourself, your families and all your friends and colleagues without having to switch your ip-adress its not....

Oh no, someone said something, time to act like a spoiled 4 year old.
    Also harping one something one team member said off the cuff is getting fucking old.

I keep wanting to make analogies to similar situations in other companies but apparently no analogy is good enough for these forums anymore so I won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    According to blizzard they don't anymore. The "code" for that time is unretrievable and gone.
    In all my years of working in IT and with various types of software, I 100% do not believe for a moment that Blizzard do not have any of the old code around. It was a nonsense claim at the time, and it's a nonsense claim from anyone trotting it out now.

(I'm not saying you're saying that, but I have seen people say it.)
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Yeah that is indeed amazing for sure. Rose-tined glasses my ass. Nostalgia my ass. The people who keep saying that really have no idea do they?
    The whole "nostalgia/rose-tinted glass" argument has never been about honestly believing people were nostalgic, and always been about trying to dismiss and ignore any argument from people who didn't like the direction the game was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    People asked you questions and for more info quite civilly last night, and you just kept trolling and bashing them instead of being constructive.

I really respect the content of some of your posts (including most of this one), and if you'd keep posting like this, the shitposting from both sides would start to die down.

Oh, look who's back and whinging.

You haven't earned posts like this. Figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
    In all my years of working in IT and with various types of software, I 100% do not believe for a moment that Blizzard do not have any of the old code around. It was a nonsense claim at the time, and it's a nonsense claim from anyone trotting it out now.

(I'm not saying you're saying that, but I have seen people say it.)
    They might have "the code". They don't have code that works with current server blades.

History. You lived through a different one to me. I mean, you're second paragraph describes what happened to heroics in Wrath (kinda countering the lots of communication part) and then dungeons DID get harder but because of the dungeon finder tool and the fact no one had had to communicate in a 5 man for over a year of Wrath previously; everyone said "AIN'T NOBOY GOT TIME FOR THAT" and they were nerfed to the ground.

Like, were you even there, man? Were you even there?

Concede that the 3 Frozen Halls heroics were tough even for people wearing some ToC gear, but with the ICC frozen badgers stuff, it wasn't long before 3+/5 of your group would be able to cheese and it became a snooze fest again.
    Dunno what realm you played on but in my bracket of servers that were connected the 3 frozen hall heroics consistently required communication because people just didn't understand what to do and had to be coached through it. Even the trial of the crusader 5 mans required a fair amount of communication if I remember right.

Oh no, someone said something, time to act like a spoiled 4 year old. You can disagree and still act like an adult about it.
    Disagreements are fine, and part of life. Telling people what they want is not okay, unless you are indeed speaking to a 4 year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Because when they do communicate, they can't help but insult players and their desires? No matter how you look at it, telling someone what they do and do not want is incredibly insulting.
    They don't have to tell you what you want and what you don't want, to be fair they don't even need to justify if majority of the players want something or not.

They only need to tell you you are NOT having something, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Oh, look who's back and whinging.

You haven't earned posts like this. Figure out why.
    Because I didn't formally study server economics?

Here we go with more attacks and posturing though... /sigh