Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    You didn't think much about people who read forums from devices with small screens/limited traffic when you made that fucking sugnature, did you? God bless ABP...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...ty/c/432000326

I've currently signed it twice. Go Petitions!

"I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it." -Mitch Hedburg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodo View Post
    Too much sense for you darling? Truth is Blizzard is resentful people don't like the current game too much, so it hurts oh so much when they prefer to go to a previous build as opposed to play the grotesquely bad game we have right now. Subs are literally so bad, but so bad, they decided to stop showing sub numbers to the public, but of course you already knew that, you just chose to ignore it.
    No its just I've been asked and answered it like 400 times in this thread. But keep being patronizing "darling" and not searching what has been repeated 400 fucking times.

Edit: That bolded part is gold. Keep on keepin on.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's the price people pay for taking someone's intellectual property and use it. They should know better and Vanilla for the love of the cosmos...was not as great as you think it is.
    I beg to differ, Obviously the people who were playing on Nostralius did it because they enjoyed it. It had a team of like 30 volunteers who spent many hours getting it to work, and releasing patches to recreate the same flow the game had back then. And people played. Its pretty obvious if they Amn'Qiraj was about to be released they had enough people to fuel the gates events. That was no small task by any means. It means they had enough people to down the Eranikus event. Enough people to down the Twilight Corrupter.

To be honest I think a lot of people say things like "was not as great as you think" ... but it was a unique experience to be sure. And something new player do not get to experience in the same way at all. I mean you can lock yourself at 60, but you cannot get the same feel of a whole server working on events to fuel the war effort, the War of the Sands was pretty awesome, lots of unique loots dropped. Ive never felt a time in the game where I felt like a whole server was working to get anything accomplished. In fact rather the opposite, Server Communities aren't even a thing anymore. I barely know the people in my guild, and I have no reason to really. I will bet the community on Nostralius was a pretty thriving thing.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Why close a server run by a volunteer team doing something you DON'T want to do? Blizzard has said they don't want to do legacy servers. They just don't. It has been said time and time again. If you don't want to fucking do it, why stop other people from doing it?

What a gigantic dick move. Unless of course they are about to announce legacy servers, which they are most likely not.
    I like this post, I think I will claim it as my own and make money off it.

WTS 1 stupid post, 5 dollars a copy.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-11 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Fun when talking about TBC heroics?

I trigger PTSD thinking about tanking Shattered Halls Heroic to this very day.

Speak for yourself! XD

(P.S. I'd still do it again)
    Warrior tanking Heroic Shattered Halls is probably the hardest thing I've done in this game. The second hardest thing is normal Shattered Halls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    NO what is more strange is people defending nost as if there was no crime done at all....thats the most scary part....
    Calling it a crime is a joke.. But falls right in line with the sensationalism and Blizzard apologia that plagues this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Warrior tanking Heroic Shattered Halls is probably the hardest thing I've done in this game. The second hardest thing is normal Shattered Halls.
    Your sig hit me deeply. I'm sorry bunny. I will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    hyjal trash without a pally tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    i watched videos and cartoons on youtube, am I a vile criminal too?
    No comment on the amusing ambiguity of the post you're responding to?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Regardless of what blizzard would say, people would find a way to turn it out of context and against them.
    Obviously.

That will always be the case in every situation ever. On this topic and any other, this company and any other entity of any sort. That doesn't mean that it isn't wise to somehow address an interest group that I'm willing to wager was a decent chunk larger than they expected. It is sort of hard to find a group of non-customers that are so clearly their target audience as nost players without a current wow subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If its free I accept your offer!
    I guess I can let you have this one copy for free.

Too much sense for you darling? Truth is Blizzard is resentful people don't like the current game too much, so it hurts oh so much when they prefer to go to a previous build as opposed to play the grotesquely bad game we have right now. Subs are literally so bad, but so bad, they decided to stop showing sub numbers to the public, but of course you already knew that, you just chose to ignore it.
    I gotta side with Pwell on this. Things were actually pretty civil for a while, and posts like this serve no purpose to furthering the discussion for either side.

Hell, once you get into it most people in here that are anti-legacy aren't exactly pro-WoD either, and are against legacy servers simply because they love WoW, don't crave replaying something, but rather hold out hope that a better version of WoW relative to WoD can and will be released in the future.

Both camps are closer in opinions than they want to believe. It's basically:

"I hate WoD and think the design paradigm is too far gone, so bring back legacy!"

and

"I hate WoD but I think the developers have their hearts in the right place and can steer the game back in the right direction, so don't waste time on legacy!"

I have my opinion, but frankly, I understand where most on both sides are coming from at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Calling it a crime is a joke.. But falls right in line with the sensationalism and Blizzard apologia that plagues this forum.
    "Anyone who stills pays blizz money is literally hitler." Facebook post from yesterday. Both sides have their sensationalism. Just gotta weed through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Good thing all these white knights are riding to the defense of poor little multi-billion dollar corporations!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    No comment on the amusing ambiguity of the post you're responding to?
    So you never got a harddrive, USB flashdrive from your friends with music or a movie on it like ever ?!.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Because someone else was making profit of Blizzards IP -> the hoster.
    Now if the nost crew had hosted the thing itself in a cave in the mountains who knows how that would have ended.....
    In addition to the point of Blizzard not wanting others to host Legacy servers when they don't want to, aside from small private groups making money off of it, also comes down to some of those players having the potential to come back to the retail game at some point. In a private server free gaming world some players who do take a long vacation from WoW could end up coming back to the game if enough changed to bring them back. However, if all of these private servers just offered these rolled back servers then the unsubbed players might just stick to those non sanctioned servers instead of coming back because through illegal services they are getting what they want & would have no incentive to go back to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    hyjal trash without a pally tank.
    Hyjal trash made me want to fucking cut myself. God damn, right up there with waiting for hellpacks to get done in BWL.

Deleted
    Ugh even twitch is still full of all this, I'm sad too but can we draw a line under it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Good thing all these white knights are riding to the defense of poor little multi-billion dollar corporations!
    Keep on keepin on with the "white knight" bullshit as if you're some che guevara of the vanilla front.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Corporations aren't always in the wrong when attacked.