Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    No. Times changed. Just because you liked it back then doesn't mean that everyone does, or that people have to support your decision
    Just because it changed doesn't mean everyone likes the changes, or that people have to agree with your decision.

WOD is nothing like vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    end game areas are now much MUCH MUCH more tedious than they were in wrath.

in pre-cata stuff, things died relatively quick. click or two and bam, dead. once cata hit, they started making higher level things have a lot more health and take much longer to kill than before, and i noticed that right away. it has made doing anything much less fun for me.
    Especially when you jumped from low level content into the new one.

Who doesn't remember going from wotlk into cata (Mount hyjal) when heirlooms didnt scale properly yet? If you were one of the classes that didnt get a weapon early on then it was an absolute nightmare, the same thing with MoP.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You do know Blizzard put a similar thing in theirs, right?

Saying that they've had 2x the population of South Korea as players.
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...1794353828.jpg
    Except theirs is based on current population. Not 1835, which does nothing to help visualization for 98% of the people that aren't historians.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Dark Souls 3 would like to disagree. Also, if you believe that, then that's fine. Let us have Vanilla and you guys can keep WoD. Fair deal?
    DS3 is a game I have barely heard of, and I have never played it.

You can have Classic servers when there are no future expansions for WoW played and the game is all but "done".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    I would say its immoral for Blizzard to shut down a fan project for a game they abandoned in 2007. If they want nothing to do with vanilla wow, or any old version of wow for that matter, let the fans have it.
    Go to my puppy analogy. It wasn't abandoned... it grew. Just because you prefer a puppy to slobbering Great Dane with massive shits... doesn't justify you going and stealing a puppy.

Its not theirs... they should have started their own project.

Blizzard took legal action against the creators of DotA... and those people took that inspiration and created league of legends. Sometimes being sued can be the best thing that has ever happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Played for over 10 years. Game is better now than it was then. Get over it.
    Again, that's an opinion, not a fact.

Don't you have to go spam your hashtag thing on the official forums now?

I would say its immoral for Blizzard to shut down a fan project for a game they abandoned in 2007. If they want nothing to do with vanilla wow, or any old version of wow for that matter, let the fans have it.
    I think Mr. Morhaime would agree.

"Especially after a game gets released. I feel like it’s no longer just Blizzard’s game. We become a sort of curator for this experience that has millions of stakeholders"

- Michael Morhaime

Or maybe his opinion has changed on this, as his soul was consumed by the corporate machine?

Just because it changed doesn't mean everyone likes the changes, or that people have to agree with your decision.
    Agreed. Now the owners of the IP are against people stealing their IP, and you just have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    I normally distance myself from congratulating Blizzard for anything.
    However with this, I must say good job! I hope they find more and bring them down.
    People need to move on, or change Blizzard's mind on the classic server issue. Until then, if it's illegal in anyway
    shut that obsolete crap down!
    That's the thing tho, them making and playing on private servers IS a way to change blizzards mind about legacy servers. It shows demand for something that doesn't exist (potential money). Eventually blizzard will make legacy servers but I don't think it will happen until they stop developing new content for retail WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You are free to leave then.

Because, apparently, the only side you are interested in discussing is not even up to debate. Illegal Private Servers are Illegal - and Blizzard was totally in their right to shut Nostralius down.
    Law is the law and no one can claim the above is anything other than reality.

Only thing up to debate is the morality of the situation.
    If this is something you don't want to discuss nor is something relevant to you... why are you even here?

Can't tell if serious or just shitposting.
    Because if that was all simple facts, me, others, wouldn't have a different opinion as yours.

The sooner you realize other people think differently from you, the easier your life will get.
    I have as much right to post an opinion as you do, Sparky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's completely untrue. For the most part you finish a zone and start the next at around the correct level, I have a couple of characters I leveled non-heirloom through questing only. One of them (starting at Dun Morogh, and doing most of the EK) had yellow quests all the way through. The other (starting at Elwynn, down to Cape of Stranglethorn, over to Dustwallow then down to the bottom of Kalimdor) started getting orange quests in Tanaris then had to get a level or two in dungeons before Silithus opened up.
    My Worgen was getting green quests in multiple places with the next area giving me another batch of green quests after just dinging once or twice. If you wanna fuck it up even more, you clean all the rare spawns, netting you a fuck ton of XP ontop. All of that was in normal questing gear, and with full heirlooms it was just a clusterfuck of skipped zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    You can also be wrong. Not everything is based on your opinion, and that opinion doesn't always matter.

Your moral paradox is used as an exercise to make CHILDREN understand that not EVERYTHING is black and white.

Just because stealing to save a life might not be considered immoral, any other time most of us normal people would agree stealing is immoral. So again... THIS situation isn't gray area. This IS black and white.
    Guess we are going to agree to disagree~

I don't find this particular situation immoral at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I have as much right to post an opinion as you do, Sparky.
    So what is your opinion? That it's all irrelevant and pointless to discuss? That sounds like a very unhealthy attitude to have in a discussion board.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Again, that's an opinion, not a fact.

Don't you have to go spam your hashtag thing on the official forums now?
    Multiple monitors man... Posting here, on the WoW forums, on Facebook, on reddit, and writing e-mails to Blizzard and their legal & CS team thanking them for shutting down Nostalrius and thanking them for and urging them to continue to reaffirm their stance against legacy servers until the end of WoW's life cycle.

I hate warlords of gaynor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    CC and threat actually made DPS more than just rotational simulators. I enjoy that very much, and it was one of the reasons why I enjoyed Red Mage and Dark Knight so much on FF11.

I hate PvE on current WoW as a DPS. It's a horrible experience for me. I mostly just play the game to PvP now.
    Current PvP is part of what drove me away. They can't be bothered to do anything with the tons of screenshots I submitted showing people asking if I run scripts or if I fly/wall hack. Or real money rating purchases, stuff actually hurting the game. I mentioned earlier in the thread I knew numerous people who liked Nost PvP more due to cheating being less of a problem then 2.2k+ live rated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Multiple monitors man... Posting here, on the WoW forums, on Facebook, on reddit, and writing e-mails to Blizzard and their legal & CS team thanking them for shutting down Nostalrius and thanking them for and urging them to continue to reaffirm their stance against legacy servers until the end of WoW's life cycle.
    You realize it likely won't even happen then, right?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/06/a...-lacked-poten/

Basically, this is a demand that will continue to grow and exist in a "void" unless something greatly changes internally. Also, it explains why WoW is being phased out in terms of development resources, because it's been nearing the point where it would drop below this threshold in terms of annual return.

Go to my puppy analogy. It wasn't abandoned... it grew. Just because you prefer a puppy to slobbering Great Dane with massive shits... doesn't justify you going and stealing a puppy.

Blizzard took legal action against the creators of DotA... and those people took that inspiration and created league of legends. Sometimes being sued can be the best thing that has ever happened to you.
    Wut? Icefrog works for Valve and helped make DotA2, nothing to do with LoL. Also blizzard lost the lawsuit with Valve. Stealing a puppy has nothing to do with copying game files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    My Worgen was getting green quests in multiple places with the next area giving me another batch of green quests after just dinging once or twice. If you wanna fuck it up even more, you clean all the rare spawns, netting you a fuck ton of XP ontop. All of that was in normal questing gear, and with full heirlooms it was just a clusterfuck of skipped zones.
    So don't use em. Hard concept.

Wut? Icefrog works for Valve and helped make DotA2, nothing to do with LoL. Also blizzard lost the lawsuit with Valve. Stealing a puppy has nothing to do with copying game files.
    It was about the named DotA, not the game. Think he's confusing that.

Played for over 10 years. Game is better now than it was then. Get over it.
    What supporting evidence do you have for this? Please share. Because the only evidence provided to us is that the numbers were significantly higher in earlier expansion than they are now, which contradicts your statement fully.

What are you talking about? Blizzard always supported DotA, they even showcase it at their own events.