Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    That's hysterics and doesn't indicate anything really, but to be fair, let's say this theoretically was caused by the uproar. That would still be a $2.5 million loss to the shareholders in 1 day, and while a relatively small number, that wouldn't go unnoticed.

Again, that would be if this had any relevancy and was directly linked to this issue, which it is not.
    I don't think it's related either, but I think that was the point of that post. 650 pages into this mess, Blizzard is unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I miss "the future" what a great expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I already pointed out the ridiculousness of treating an inconsequential IP violation as if it was a major crime, especially considering it didn't bring any amount of gain to the guy who commited it. That's just clownish.
    Why do you assume I'm treating it as the same level of say... Murder or rape? Still a crime is it not? I never commented on the severity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    WoW isn't an MMO anymore - so maybe you're playing the wrong type of game bud.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/mmorpg

MMORPG
    Word Origin
    Digital Technology.
    massively multiplayer online role-playing game: any story-driven online video game in which a player, taking on the persona of a character in a virtual or fantasy world, interacts with a large number of other players.

Yup, still by definition a MMORPG. Maybe you're playing the wrong type of game, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Why do you assume I'm treating it as the same level of say... Murder or rape?
    Those exact parallels have been brought up here, and while the other poster was assuming, it's just an expectation that the opposition is going to be hyperbolic on both sides at this point >.<

Why do you assume I'm treating it as the same level of say... Murder or rape? Still a crime is it not? I never commented on the severity.
    Do you call the police very time you see someone doing 5 over the speed limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    Wut? Icefrog works for Valve and helped make DotA2, nothing to do with LoL. Also blizzard lost the lawsuit with Valve. Stealing a puppy has nothing to do with copying game files.
    Way before that amigo. WCIII... original dota.

I'm really not in the mood to dumb it down for you. The game has evolved vanilla and the subsequent expansions are not/were not sequels or standalone games.

Many people in just the last few pages have tried to explain that to you and other people. You blatantly ignoring a part of the argument does not bolster your position it makes it less and less valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Multiple monitors man... Posting here, on the WoW forums, on Facebook, on reddit, and writing e-mails to Blizzard and their legal & CS team thanking them for shutting down Nostalrius and thanking them for and urging them to continue to reaffirm their stance against legacy servers until the end of WoW's life cycle.
    The Troll is real - "I'm thanking them" - wait what? Because Nostalrius being live was detrimental to your life in what way? It's interesting reading people say they're glad Nostalrius is gone, when they didn't play there. It didn't affect them in any way/shape/form but they're glad it's gone.

It is good that Nostalrius was noticed, it sucks that people have to play a game they enjoy on illegitimate servers because the publisher refuses to host it.
    There are lessons to be learned about why people wanted to play there.

Personally, the content in Vanilla was fun, and there are memories there - but that's not why I would want to play on a Legacy server. It has more to do with the structure of the servers, the fact that your character is stuck on that faction and server and you cannot take it elsewhere other than every 3 months. It forces you to interact with the people on that server because you're stuck.

It enforces the MMORPG aspect of World of Warcraft that is no longer present. So really, they just need to fix retail WoW to be the same as it was when the game came out. No name changes, no faction changes, no race changes, no cross realm zones. It's nice to do dungeons/raids with people from other servers if your'e casual, but you should be forced to embrace the community you're in. In addition, you just gotta make mega-servers with 50k populations so that the excuse of "there's nobody on my server" is bullshit. We don't need 200 servers anymore, find a way to host 50,000 players on one, it's 2016 I'm sure there's a way.

What is with this puppy shit? Personally, if I could have a puppy forever as opposed to a slobbering great dane with massive shits forever, I would take the puppy.
    Because when you sign up for an MMORPG, you should expect it to change as time goes by and more content and game systems are added to it. Hell, most multiplayer-focused games keep adding maps, weapons and/or hats as their product cycle evolves. If you want an MMO that will never change, try one whose development has ceased already.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Way before that amigo. WCIII... original dota.

I'm really not in the mood to dumb it down for you. The game has evolved vanilla and the subsequent expansions are not/were not sequels or standalone games.

Many people in just the last few pages have tried to explain that to you and other people. You blatantly ignoring a part of the argument does not bolster your position it makes it less and less valid.
    Which part exactly? How is vanilla wow not a stand alone game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That this "huge deal" with thousands of people signing petitions for Blizzard to make their own vanilla servers... barely affects such a gigantic business.
    Stock markets are fidgety and panicky beasts with a tendency to stampede over the sound of a blade of grass bending the wrong way. I'm surprised this shitshow hasn't had a bigger effect, but I guess Blizzard simply ignoring it and refusing to make a big deal out of it must have placated the zebras-- I mean, the investors.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Massive (2.5 million plus) Multiplayer (The average player can't even solo current LFR bosses last I checked) Online (Not a platform based console game)

Yep still an mmo. Nice try though.
    LFR isn't the point of the game - and the people you're playing with might as well be NPC's.

Do you have to interact with anyone to do anything in the game anymore? No - it's essentially a single player RPG. You and everyone else on this forum knows it also.

Additionally, you can't prove 2.5million+ any longer - the statistic is no longer available. If you never played vanilla/EQ, you wouldn't understand what a true MMO is - which probably is the case for you and the rest of the teenagers on this forum.

That doesn't prove him wrong.
    Given the only evidence we have to actually argue how good the game was during x era begs to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me sad. I was about to make an account too.

I understand that legally Blizz has every right to do what they did.

But this shows a large desire for a Vanilla server. Whether you liked Vanilla or not obviously enough people are a fan to have maintained such a full server.

Oh well. Maybe Blizz will seriously consider running a Vanilla server in the future.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit Nostalrius at about level 45. Vanilla really wasn't all that fun, but they really did do a decent job with the server.

Corecraft when?

Currently playing on Warmane/Lordaeron, a wrath server. it's quite excellent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Then why are you complaining? The whole thing with WoW has been the end game. Do an Ironman challenge or some shit if you think you're having an easy time.
    Deliberately crippling yourself isn't fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    It forces you to interact with the people on that server because you're stuck.
    I haven't seen a single member of the Nost's community that has posted that I would *want* to interact with. Why would I want to interact with people that call people that don't like Classic/TBC things like newbs, plebs, babies, and the like and say that we couldn't survive then (even though many of us did quite well)?

I mean, come on. There has been ZERO positive elements of this "community" shown. ZERO.

Do you call the police very time you see someone doing 5 over the speed limit?
    Of course. He's already executed 2 people today for jaywalking.

Deleted
    This thread is just soooo boring and pointless.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrushEUSC View Post
    This thread is just soooo boring and pointless.......
    Not much else to do, other than wait 12 months inbetween content patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by njeebje View Post
    people just like the social aspect of it what's so hard to understand.
    Contrary to a loud claim buy some small minorities the social aspect of the game is still there. For me at least.
    Just yesterday I had a chat with a random dude, just because he liked my mog (original T0.5 set).
    If YOU choose not to be social on retail its YOUR choice, not Blizzards.
    But hey blaming someone else for your own flaws has allways been the easier way, right?