7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard just made a lengthy post about the class halls

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I completely understand the concerns. What you're currently seeing in Alpha are bits and pieces of a system that is still coming together, untuned and often even inconsistent between classes, without additional context. And as a result, there's also a fair bit of misinformation floating around (for example, the cap on active champions/followers is 6, not 20). We haven't published a full explanation of the system, because we're still working out a few of the details - that's the nature of Alpha. And of course in the absence of information, seeing an interface that looks a lot like a reskinned version of what you're used to in Draenor garrisons (followers -> champions, garrison resources -> order resources, etc.), it's easy to assume that this is just a continuation of the old system.

I'd like to at least shed light on some of our goals and philosophies, and the core ways in which Class Order missions in Legion are going to be very different from garrison missions in Warlords. The mission system in Warlords was conceived as a core part of the garrison experience, and a self-contained progression that offered rewards that competed with other traditional content.

We approached Legion unsure whether there would even be any continuation of mission gameplay at all. We focused instead on the artifact and class order systems, creating traditional content to provide the experience of forming a band of the greatest champions of your class to combat the Legion, with an eye towards class identity and replayability. We want your journey through the Broken Isles to feel meaningfully different in at least a few key ways depending on whether you are a mage, a warrior, a demon hunter, etc.

Once we had the backbone of our order systems in place - a campaign quest arc wherein you recruit champions to aid your cause, and an order hall tech tree where you research upgrades - we saw what seemed like a good fit for a version of the old mission gameplay to provide another outlet for leading the champions you've gathered, and spending the order resources you've earned out in the world. But it is far more limited in scope, and designed to be a much smaller piece of Legion than missions were in Warlords - it's serving a larger system, rather than trying to stand alone as a system in and of itself.

There are fewer followers (champions), fewer and less frequent missions; but more importantly, the system is more closely tied to the game world itself. Order resources come from playing the game normally, and will come primarily from doing World Quests at max level. If you get a "raid mission," it won't give you a piece of raid loot directly; it will give you a quest to kill a specific boss in that zone, in exchange for a bonus piece of loot. In general, from the ground up, missions in Legion are not intended to be an alternate progression path, or a self-contained activity. We don't think of them as "content." But they are a useful additional outlet to complement core traditional content, such as dungeons, outdoor questing, and raids.

We'll have more details to share in the future, but hopefully this helps clarify some of our broader goals and provides some context to what you may be seeing in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post

- that's the nature of Alpha.
    ALPHA FUCKING CONFIRMED RIGHT THERE. I REPEAT ALPHA NOT BETA lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    Legit question. Why do you still frequent Legion news when all you take away is that they are in Alpha or Beta or whatever the fuck?. I've been curious about for some time and I've been meaning to ask.

Blizzard has spent the day putting out wowhead created fires I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Because when the pre patch hits Live is when the content drought can officially end, not when the Broken Isles come out.
    And the pre patch doesn't need a 2 month prior notice meaning that even if they don't announce the release date in the next 10 days there can still be a less than 1 year content drought.
    Yeah, no. Pre patch isnt content. Nice try though.

I completely understand the concerns. What you're currently seeing in Alpha are bits and pieces of a system that is still coming together, untuned and often even inconsistent between classes, without additional context. And as a result, there's also a fair bit of misinformation floating around (for example, the cap on active champions/followers is 6, not 20). We haven't published a full explanation of the system, because we're still working out a few of the details - that's the nature of Alpha. And of course in the absence of information, seeing an interface that looks a lot like a reskinned version of what you're used to in Draenor garrisons (followers -> champions, garrison resources -> order resources, etc.), it's easy to assume that this is just a continuation of the old system.

I'd like to at least shed light on some of our goals and philosophies, and the core ways in which Class Order missions in Legion are going to be very different from garrison missions in Warlords. The mission system in Warlords was conceived as a core part of the garrison experience, and a self-contained progression that offered rewards that competed with other traditional content.

We approached Legion unsure whether there would even be any continuation of mission gameplay at all. We focused instead on the artifact and class order systems, creating traditional content to provide the experience of forming a band of the greatest champions of your class to combat the Legion, with an eye towards class identity and replayability. We want your journey through the Broken Isles to feel meaningfully different in at least a few key ways depending on whether you are a mage, a warrior, a demon hunter, etc.

Once we had the backbone of our order systems in place - a campaign quest arc wherein you recruit champions to aid your cause, and an order hall tech tree where you research upgrades - we saw what seemed like a good fit for a version of the old mission gameplay to provide another outlet for leading the champions you've gathered, and spending the order resources you've earned out in the world. But it is far more limited in scope, and designed to be a much smaller piece of Legion than missions were in Warlords - it's serving a larger system, rather than trying to stand alone as a system in and of itself.

There are fewer followers (champions), fewer and less frequent missions; but more importantly, the system is more closely tied to the game world itself. Order resources come from playing the game normally, and will come primarily from doing World Quests at max level. If you get a "raid mission," it won't give you a piece of raid loot directly; it will give you a quest to kill a specific boss in that zone, in exchange for a bonus piece of loot. In general, from the ground up, missions in Legion are not intended to be an alternate progression path, or a self-contained activity. We don't think of them as "content." But they are a useful additional outlet to complement core traditional content, such as dungeons, outdoor questing, and raids.

We'll have more details to share in the future, but hopefully this helps clarify some of our broader goals and provides some context to what you may be seeing in game.
    They really, really, needed to post this.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Yeah, no. Pre patch isnt content. Nice try though.
    Well Legion prepatch does come with Demon Hunters for preorders, so there's some actual content included.

Broken Shore event comes also with prepatch as pre-expansion stuff, but that's likely just half an hour of gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I agree

I honestly feel that while Garrisons and Class halls do have similarity they are ultimately very different from one another

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well Legion prepatch does come with Demon Hunters for preorders, so there's some actual content included.

Broken Shore event comes also with prepatch as pre-expansion stuff, but that's likely just half an hour of gameplay.
    Can't forget the wardrobe too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Im sure people know what i mean. Whats next, people counting 6.1 as a content patch? Oh wait they already do.

Anyhow in the end it doesnt really matter even if people want to count a prepatch as a "content patch", because again time is ticking and prepatch needs 1 month atleast of testing. This means, 11 months of HFC at the least.

the arguments people want to go through to try and prove blizzard arent slow are amazing :/

I agree

I honestly feel that while Garrisons and Class halls do have similarity they are ultimately very different from one another
    I think wowhead forced their hand here with that preview because people took it as being the entire system, not just a very limited first version. Without max level available.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    im triggered.

10+ Year Old Account

So any Faceless Ones in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Im sure people know what i mean. Whats next, people counting 6.1 as a content patch? Oh wait they already do.

Anyhow in the end it doesnt really matter even if people want to count a prepatch as a "content patch", because again time is ticking and prepatch needs 1 month atleast of testing. This means, 11 months of HFC at the least.

the arguments people want to go through to try and prove blizzard arent slow are amazing :/
    Pre patch lasts only a month. Plenty there to last a month.

Has all the class changes too to play around with.

Pre patch lasts only a month. Plenty there to last a month.

Has all the class changes too to play around with.
    it's not about the month. People are saying blizzard arent slow and the content drought wont be the same because they want to count the prepatch as a content patch.

Meaning, if we count it then that means its 11 mounths of HFC at the least, as opposed to 12 mounths of HFC at the least. Big difference huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Legit question. Why do you still frequent Legion news when all you take away is that they are in Alpha or Beta or whatever the fuck?. I've been curious about for some time and I've been meaning to ask.
    There are gonna be 14 people commenting about how this posts saved their life anyway, so i might aswell poke some fun at all the delusional people in here talking about Beta.

The Titan Keepers and their armies struggled with the Old Gods.

The Titans had no trouble whatsoever, and yeah, had to restrain themselves.
    Blizzard has stated that C'thun killed a titan when he fought 1v1 with him. The rest had to be teamed up by all of the titans combined and N'zoth was so powerful, all of the titans including pre-corrupted sargaras could not hope to defeat him.
    Combine that with the fact N'zoth waged war on both Yogg Sarron and C'thun at the same time. The Yogg Sarron and C'thun we fought were only avatars of themselves which is why they aren't actually dead, their imprisonment just makes them weak. Yogg Sarron for example is supposed to be the size of northrend at his full power. Saronite is his blood and his body lies underneath the land.

If you actually read with this blog post with discretion, you will realize that the majority of it is generalized PR bullshit. It is clear that they are out of touch with why players hated garrisons so much. Not only were Garrisons isolating, but they were MANDATORY. Imagine if Pet battles were mandatory. Imagine if fishing was mandatory. Imagine any other miscellaneous gameplay mechanic in WoW becoming required in the core game. That's fucking awful. People don't pay $15 a month to log into WoW to send follower's on missions. They can do that on Facebook for free.

The truth is, as it stands, the missions in Legion WILL BE REQUIRED in order to increase the power of your artifact weapon, unlock additional artifact skins, and access additional quests. Tell me, why should I have to wait for a facebook game timer to expire before venturing out in the world and completing a quest on my own? SO fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is PR to you people.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by djcoin View Post
    Blizzard has stated that C'thun killed a titan when he fought 1v1 with him. The rest had to be teamed up by all of the titans combined and N'zoth was so powerful, all of the titans including pre-corrupted sargaras could not hope to defeat him.
    Combine that with the fact N'zoth waged war on both Yogg Sarron and C'thun at the same time.
    Read the Chronicle. Titans literally ripped Y'shaarj off the planet and squished it like a bug, which created a gaping wound on the planet that would later be formed into the Well of Eternity. They could've easily done same to the remaining three Old Gods, but then they noticed that if they did that, they'd likely shatter the planet too, and they were trying to save Azeroth's World Soul. It was then when they scaled the fighting down in both power and scale, and created the Titan Keepers to lead other Titanforged constructs in the battle against the Old Gods.