10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Mmmmm'kay, right, I remember you, your the guy I used to see in Loch modan soloing elites in your gray and green gear proving me it wasnt difficult.

Christ on a bike did you even play vanilla or are you just another youtube bandwagon jumper?
    I had forgotten to quite using the obsolete word 'difficulty' and replace with 'tedium/tedious' also. As I understand Forum Logic here, if the mob does more damage, it isn't more difficult, just more tedious. This is a fascinating discovery because it means that in many cases blizzard has been lying about multiple difficulty levels, where in fact there were only mulitple Tedium levels.

Say want to run instance xyz on Heroic Tedium?
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-04-11 at 11:24 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    I mean, come on. There has been ZERO positive elements of this "community" shown. ZERO.
    It's been said before, but as someone who has played both Nost & Retail extensively during the last year - I don't think either side of the discussion on the forums is particularly representative of their respective community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Because when you sign up for an MMORPG, you should expect it to change as time goes by and more content and game systems are added to it. Hell, most multiplayer-focused games keep adding maps, weapons and/or hats as their product cycle evolves. If you want an MMO that will never change, try one whose development has ceased already.
    WoW really opened the MMO market to the mainstream I'd argue, and most people honestly had no idea what we were getting ourselves into as it was our first MMO. I went and played EQ after the fact myself, so WoW was my first MMO experience ever.

Now, I had dealt with sequels before, but expansions are an entirely different beast. You pay full price for a "sequel" to a game that you will never be able to play again after the next "sequel" is released. That's an odd concept to grasp at first, especially for those who were young at launch, and one I never really thought about at the time.

Deleted
    Besides, from what I've seen of the pro-legacy server community here, on Facebook, and on reddit... Why would anyone want to be social with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Because they aren't necessarily your enemy.
    But they are also NOT the people I wanna socialize with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    What are you talking about? Blizzard always supported DotA, they even showcase it at their own events.
    Supported it yes. For free. When the creators got the idea to start making money off it, Blizzard put a stop to it.

League of Legends was born.

I can't find anything regarding the actual lawsuit, which I'm guessing consisted only of cease and desist letter.

But most of the development section here needs citation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends

I haven't seen a single member of the Nost's community that has posted that I would *want* to interact with. Why would I want to interact with people that call people that don't like Classic/TBC things like newbs, plebs, babies, and the like and say that we couldn't survive then (even though many of us did quite well)?

I mean, come on. There has been ZERO positive elements of this "community" shown. ZERO.
    So...don't play with them. See ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    "With respect to the franchises that don't have the potential to be exploited every year across every platform with clear sequel potential that can meet our objectives of over time becoming $100 million plus franchises, that's a strategy that has worked very well for us."

Kotick said that there's only been a "small single-digit number" of new, successful franchises in the last five or 10 years, and that properties they work on are those that "we know if we release today, we'll be working on 10 years from now."

Basically, if the project/franchise isn't a whale, it's never going to happen.

Sad, but there's our answer 100%. Unless the devs somehow get some semblance of control back, we will never have official legacy servers, not even at the end of the game's life cycle.
    right. I can make a good argument for a classic server (as-was, not some LFR job, that is another topic) getting low to mid 8-digit revenue over some number of years. I cannot make an honest argument for a 100m/yr performer, though who knows if it could happen (blizzard also didn't expect wow to hit >5m western subs, not even close).
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    Sweet, just keep proving my point.

See ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    Which part exactly? How is vanilla wow not a stand alone game?
    Yawn. Bored. Ignoring you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Isn't he talking about the Activision side of things there? Also wouldn't legacy servers be part of the WoW project, sort of like those dedicated Arena things they did a while ago (are those still going?)
    go to the link. The article is specifically about vivendi titles that were terminated immediately after a/b acquired them in the merger.

The implication is that this is a corporate policy/philosophy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen a single member of the Nost's community that has posted that I would *want* to interact with. Why would I want to interact with people that call people that don't like Classic/TBC things like newbs, plebs, babies, and the like and say that we couldn't survive then (even though many of us did quite well)?

That is completely false. You come with an opposite point of view, of course you're going to meet with resistance. If you're unwilling to deal with people who disagree with you, then it's bad, really.

I played on Nost, I played retail for 7 years - which ended last december when I was bored to death. Your oversimplification of Nostalrius players is frightening.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Just ignore it.

This is someone who was attempting to spread some ridiculous hashtag thing yesterday only to be mocked by both sides of the argument. It's just a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Contrary to a loud claim buy some small minorities the social aspect of the game is still there. For me at least.
    Just yesterday I had a chat with a random dude, just because he liked my mog (original T0.5 set).
    If YOU choose not to be social on retail its YOUR choice, not Blizzards.
    But hey blaming someone else for your own flaws has allways been the easier way, right?
    Sorry dude, but you' don't understand what he and everyone else is talking about.

The problem is, that chat you had with that person is fleeting, the relationships you're forced to make and cultivate with people on a locked server without cross realm fucking anything are not. That's why I still talk to the friends I made in vanilla nearly 11 years ago and why I don't care about any of the people I played with during Cata->WoD.

The social system has been shattered and just like the world today - online anonymity is destroying social culture. Think about it. Are you going to go talk to that guy everyday about Transmog? I doubt you added eachother on Bnet so you can go hunt new shit for your collection.

Nobody matters anymore, you're just as replaceable as the next schmuck. You are not unique or special, there are millions of other people that play this game that I have access to, so why should I give a fuck about you?

I played extensively on their server and the community was awesome. do not know what you are talking about. way more friendly then current wows toxic environment talking about how they rape bosses. outside of the rp and rppvp servers, wow live's community is a cesspool

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Supported it yes. For free. When the creators got the idea to start making money off it, Blizzard put a stop to it.

League of Legends was born.

I can't find anything regarding the actual lawsuit, which I'm guessing consisted only of cease and desist letter.

But most of the development section here needs citation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends
    You realize Icefrog had nothing to do with LoL right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Just ignore it.

This is someone who was attempting to spread some ridiculous hashtag thing yesterday only to be mocked by both sides of the argument. It's just a troll.
    I know - you gotta make them think they're winning so you can boost your post count. Troll the troll - it's healthy for both sides.

That is completely false. You come with an opposite point of view, of course you're going to meet with resistance. If you're unwilling to deal with people who disagree with you, then it's bad, really.
    Irony levels off the charts at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    But they are also NOT the people I wanna socialize with.
    I understand, but some of the people here are taking things far too personally. There's no need for this.

Maybe this was another fool's crusade after all. I didn't want to believe that.

I feel sorry for anyone who crosses Blizzard. Even more so now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Not much else to do, other than wait 12 months inbetween content patches.
    Roasted.

I guess I need to type more here?

Deleted
    Nobody matters anymore, you're just as replaceable as the next schmuck. You are not unique or special
    I agree with this. It's funny how one felt more important as a plain adventurer next to lore heroes than as a certified class-leading champion wielding the powers of Artifact weps & whatnot.