Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    You could also objectively say that there's just as many social aspects in WoD as there were in Vanilla, simply shifted into different avenues. I got to know quite a few decent folks when farming my epic-wolf mount in Frostfire, as well as when I was doing my dailies in Tanaan or pugging raids.
    Yes, but that's a different aspect of being social in WoD (And current WoW in general). You can be social in anything, but you don't gain anything from it usually. Most of your social interaction that benefits you as a player is raiding, and it always has. But the game severely does not encourage it at all, and that's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    So its based on necessity? I have news for you that isn't being social at all... its codependency.
    Raiding must be a sorry pit of socializing than since Classic. In reality it's not, and just because you gain an advantage for being social doesn't mean it's required. You can still progress, you can still continue... But you are at a severe disadvantage for not having friends who regularly play and group up with you. Being stuck with similar individuals in PuGs is an extreme gamble, but maybe not so much now that classic is so old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Do I like WoD? Not really.

Do I like WoD better than Classic? Absolutely.

Is WoD factually "pure shit"? In your limited mind perhaps.

Now, I'll just report your post and move on. Thanks for playing.
    Limited mind????

5 million quited and blizzard stop showing numbers

Great expansion idd

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I havent sad that, but when cant understand that the law is neutral, well noone can help you.
    Lol, I'm not the one having issues separating Morality from Legality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Raiding must be a sorry pit of socializing than since Classic. In reality it's not, and just because you gain an advantage for being social doesn't mean it's required. You can still progress, you can still continue... But you are at a severe disadvantage for not having friends who regularly play and group up with you. Being stuck with similar individuals in PuGs is an extreme gamble, but maybe not so much now that classic is so old.
    Lets expand on this. Because it gets thrown around a lot... that the "social community was so alive on Nost"

I am not seeing a difference between any guilds today in live that actively raid or competitively PvP than I experienced on Nost, or back in vanilla days.

You just said maybe not for PuGs... so we are talking about guilds. How does the "social" game in regards to guilds and progression in live differ from vanilla?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Yes, but that's a different aspect of being social in WoD (And current WoW in general). You can be social in anything, but you don't gain anything from it usually. Most of your social interaction that benefits you as a player is raiding, and it always has. But the game severely does not encourage it at all, and that's pretty sad.
    I gained a kick-ass rare mount and a few folks to run Mythic dungeons with, which is exactly the sort of socializing that Pro-Legacy folks are talking about

The requirement of a group to do normal quests. The Requirement to find (and travel to dungeons) with people.

I can't talk about PvP because I hate PvP in WoW, but that doesn't mean that I think all PvPers are window-licking mouth-breathers just because they enjoy another aspect of the game.

The same social aspects that people are so up at arms about, that are supposedly missing, have always been there.

It's just hard to see them at this point in the expansion when you can easily gear up and solo just about everything, but my first forays into Tanaan involved me finding groups, yelling in zone-chat and not dying horribly to the elites running around. Guarantee, from personal experience, if you get your legacy servers and start running those raids or hardcore pvping to get those sexy epics, everything gets 'Soloable' easy too.

Most are too lazy to look.

FYI: You can invite two other people and do Garrison Invasions for sexy loot and awesome mounts? *Gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    I'm not your bro, bro.

Your first paragraph has nothing to do with WoW being an MMORPG - you're saying for it to qualify as much that your gear has to break permanently. Okay, amazing stipulation....any other fringe scenarios that MMORPG's require?

So I bolded the part in your post that matters the most. 99% of the wow community ONLY do those activities, so what you're saying is that to 99% of the people that play this game, it's a single player game.

So looking at what you said next - how many people are 2400+ RBG or have cleared 13/13M HFC? would you say...maybe 1.5% of the player base?

Your argument is fucked, you're basically saying wow is an MMO to 1.5% of the population and Single Player to the other 98.5%.
    Actually it isn't. Rewind back in our conversation & you're basically saying that WoW has veered way off course from Vanilla to the point that it is now a single player game. You mentioning how the vast majority of players mainly participate in things like questing or dungeons or randoms bgs does show taht WoW is mainly a single player game, that I will give to you, but all you've accomplished is also stringing Vanilla up as a single player game as well (Zing!). Most players also only did quests, dungeons, or random bgs, you guessed it just like what players do in WoD. You can make mention of elite areas of zones like Un'gorao or group quests all you want if you decide, but tons of Vanilla WoW players still did & could do most of their quests without help from anyone, did dungeons with only teh minimum amount of talking needed, and did bgs with very little constructive communication during hte game. WoD has not veered away from what teh game has mostly been anyway so just remember if WoD is a single player game so is Vanilla Bro.

My points about 2400 in pvp or mythic raiding were over the top to prove a point, but the fact still stands that you don't have to be a WoW god in order to participate in high end content that requires communication. You don't need to achieve 13/13 mythic to accomplish that. Do mythic council, gorefiend, or Iskar & call WoW a single player game. Get up to 2k in arena or rbg & call it a single player game. Oh wait..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Lol, I'm not the one having issues separating Morality from Legality.
    No, your the one not understanding that MORALITY has zero to do with the LAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    Do you call the police very time you see someone doing 5 over the speed limit?
    No, why would I? Such a dumb question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    How does the "social" game in regards to guilds and progression in live differ from vanilla?
    People being online more often & for longer periods of time was the main thing I noticed during my stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And isn't that true? Most of the playerbase want new things. Not the same 10 year old version of their game.
    No. Players (as a whole) want a very social MMO. They may not realize it, but that's what they want. And the tools they want are very simple. The actual programming is a LOT less important.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Given the only evidence we have to actually argue how good the game was during x era begs to differ.
    No. His argument is born out of subjective views on the game. Thus, you can't prove his subjective opinion wrong. How can you prove that he doesn't like the game? Think for once in your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

No, your the one not understanding that MORALITY has zero to do with the LAW.
    Say what, mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You do realize morality has nothing to do with legality right?
    One doesn't affect the other in any way. Something legal can be immoral and something illegal can be moral.
    Are you trolling? Be honest with yourself.

If you were playing on Nost... you weren't a subscriber.
    If that's the case, than Blizzard falsely charged my account 3x and owes me ~$45.

Seriously though, what an ignorant statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Isn't this most of the game?
    the thing is back in vanilla it wasn't most of the game. That is not how I remember.

not defending here illegal legacy servers though. Get a move on people fucking 650 pages. I can't even keep up anymore.

Contrary to a loud claim buy some small minorities the social aspect of the game is still there. For me at least.
    Just yesterday I had a chat with a random dude, just because he liked my mog (original T0.5 set).
    If YOU choose not to be social on retail its YOUR choice, not Blizzards.
    But hey blaming someone else for your own flaws has allways been the easier way, right?
    Sorry, WoW isn't like it was socially. It's just a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yeah. He also made the comment that making games shouldn't be "fun" -- that is, game developers should not be making games that they would want to play, since (I am reading into this) they are not typical customers. This caused all sorts of outrage when he said it.

Given that Legion may be the first expansion developed with Kotick's power totally unhindered (after the rewrite of ATVI's bylaws that took effect in February), I'm interested in what effects of that we'll be able to discern in its design.
    People will see what they want to see.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Sorry, WoW isn't like it was socially. It's just a fact.
    You're wrong and it's ok, not everyone can be right.

You, and everyone else that claims this, can all sit in your circle and whisper to each other that the Good Old Days were the Golden Era of WoW and its Social Aspects were unmatched.

And you'll all be the running joke of 'Back in my day.... up and down-hill in the snow' like so many geriatrics of yesteryear said.

Snarky comments aside: Don't talk in absolutes, it definitively makes you wrong in every way possible because your opinion isn't the only opinion.

So you admit the flaw is in you and not the game.
    Sorry but that is bullshit and not true.
    It is not a flaw to be introverted - never assume as such. Also do not confuse introversion with being shy. I simply do not like being around a bunch of people (such as yourself) who have different points of view. I didn't have to be extroverted to make friends in Vanilla - I simply had to make friends to do more than quest and grind mats because I actually wanted to progress in the game. Remember that you were on one server, had no access to other servers and if you found someone who was a good tank you fucking became that persons friend. In current wow it's really hard to be a shit tank because you sneeze on something and you never lose aggro, you take no damage, and your damage is irrelevant. Different games, which if you understood that you might actually stop talking out of your ass and realize what sets the two apart.

Did you just claim you are all about progressing your toon which is not possible on a private server?
    What? You're saying leveling from 1-60, gearing your character up, rep farming, progressing through raids, pvping - none of those are character progression? Are you dense or do you not understand the way the Nostalrius server would have worked for me should I have played there. Just because there is an end to vanilla doesn't mean there isn't a journey.

Keep the simpleton POV's coming though. It's a wonder you even figured out how to register on these forums and found this topic.

Deleted
    Personally, I don't think Kotick is the devil the community has made him out to be over the years.
    He is, however, an extremely shrewd businessman.

Aaaand the wave crashes, and the thread goes back to shitpost central (both sides).

Break time.