Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    So for the sake of argument. Spell it out.

Your reluctance to is actually making the point.
    I got little interest on playing the merry-go-round with people that firmly believe in something factually incorrect.
    That's why I stopped answering to most of the remarks and only selectively do it now~

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Compare to Hearthstone and HotS, it is a lot work to bring Vanilla server online.

Adding a skin and a card is far more easier than running a MMORPG server.

Blizzard is slowly moving to a high profit, but easy-to-do business.
    They can't just go get a vanilla server back-up(and client) off the archive shelf and throw it on a server?
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't understand peoples argument about vanilla being more social - it's people who are social, not a fucking game. When "social aspects" of the game are forced on you - it's nothing good. Be happy that you, as a player, can't socialize with others and you don't have to do that god damn it. If you enjoy socializing with others - well, you still do that, without an in-game reward tho, but you still can do that. Almost all my new and old friends are from various expansions of wow, and no one stops my expanding bnet friendlist with people all around the world
    Thats my line of thought.

If the social aspect of the game disappears as technology advances... one has to take pause and ask yourself if it was ever really all that social to begin with.

Also LF tank/healer is not social... its just actively participative matchmaking.

I probably group quest now in WoD in Tanaan more than I ever have. Drop in/drop out questing is amazing, and honestly how much communication do you need? I don't want the "group leader" to define my role and talk strategy each and every time I run a dungeon.

End game play be it PvP or PvE requires the same coordination it always has.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-04-12 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I wont argue that I believe that you shouldn't be able to progress without being social. I firmly believe that you should not be able to kill the last boss in the game without speaking to anybody from 1-100 even if it's a shitty joke version of it.
    Assuming you mean some guy who hangs out exclusively in LFR, that's a very poor example since you don't need to socialize in vanilla on trivial stuff either.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I wont argue that I believe that you shouldn't be able to progress without being social. I firmly believe that you should not be able to kill the last boss in the game without speaking to anybody from 1-100 even if it's a shitty joke version of it.
    Thank you.

It's not about being "social" it's about being strategic, Finding other like-minded people and conquering content with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Then what was your point? It makes little sense to compare the current retail WoW to a game that has gradually become a single player game in their eyes when those same activities you quoted from my post existed from the very beginning. In that sense WoD is just as much a single player game as vanilla. Both had questing that you could get done without talking, same with dungeons, or random battlegrounds.
    You listed the bulk of the game's content. That's my point.

I'm also not convinced you remember how things used to be before LFG, but hey. Different discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Assuming you mean some guy who hangs out exclusively in LFR, that's a very poor example since you don't need to socialize in vanilla on trivial stuff either.
    Doesn't matter. You should not be able to go from 1-100 and kill the last boss without even talking to other people. When you don't need to be social you can be an asshole to everybody or never communicate without any detriment.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You only had to do that to form and do the place. No one really gave a shit about each other.

Don't try to make it more than it was.
    Did I say people cared about the people they did dungeons with? Are you blind? Did you actually read what I wrote? Go read it again and then continue reading my post.......................okay so you just re-read it and saw I didn't say people cared about eachother specifically in vanilla right? Okay. Glad we cleared that up.

Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    They can't just go get a vanilla server back-up(and client) off the archive shelf and throw it on a server?

What if its as simple as they don't want to?

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post

I'm also not convinced you remember how things used to be before LFG, but hey. Different discussion.
    Psssst. It's because he doesn't. Shhh, don't let him hear what I said!

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post

LF1M RFK god damnit i dont care if you dont have a weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

That's fine, their decision. People still gonna bitch.

Doesn't matter. You should not be able to go from 1-100 and kill the last boss without even talking to other people. When you don't need to be social you can be an asshole to everybody or never communicate without any detriment.
    You could do the same thing in Classic/TBC, especially if you were a tank, healer, or had a required CC. Even assholes still got groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Just queue up at 15 and do a dungeon a level bro - upgrades from quests? Who needs upgrades from quests I get a satchel every dungeon with an upgrade and 3-4 quests inside. LEVELING HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY OMFGIM100ANDGARRISONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the long and the short of it. Blizzard doesn't want to do it. It goes against the line they've been shouting since 2009.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    Just queue up at 15 and do a dungeon a level bro - upgrades from quests? Who needs upgrades from quests I get a satchel every dungeon with an upgrade and 3-4 quests inside. LEVELING HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY OMFGIM100ANDGARRISONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
    I dunno mang, satchels typically have floppy dildo of the whale for me. Or another ring thats 1000000 times worse than my heirloom
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats my line of thought.

If the social aspect of the game disappears as technology advances... one has to take pause and ask yourself if it was ever really all that social to begin with.

Also LF tank/healer is not social... its just actively participative matchmaking..
    In vanilla, most zones had a Elite quests. The rewards for those quests were better than the rewards for normal quests. So most people wanted to do them, but they required help as you could not solo them.

This "forced" social interaction. Groups would form around killing elite mobs. Social interaction would occur. Guild invites would be extended to helpful players. You would begin to recognize the names of other players that were around your level. Personalities would start to come through, and a sever community was built.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    Thank you.

It's not about being "social" it's about being strategic, Finding other like-minded people and conquering content with them.
    Maybe this is the exact reason I stopped enjoying my game. In EU servers, it just feels like the game is dead. I try to make conversation and I'm stonewalled. Most of the time, I wouldn't be surprised if I was playing with a bot.

The truth is, for a lot of older players who have quit, despite the fact that finding a group in trade, running to the dungeon and working through it, having to CC, stop and drink, etc. was fucking nightmare in difficulty (even getting there was like 50/50 chance to be ganked) I still really enjoyed it. It felt right and made sense to me.

People keep saying "Oh you'd spend hours finding a dungeon group!" Yeah because dungeons were tough, they have better rewards and more XP, it wasn't supposed to be an alternative to questing, it was supposed to be something you did because the quests in the zones lead there or you wanted better loot. There was a reason that you very rarely got blues from quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    In vanilla, most zones had a Elite quests. The rewards for those quests were better than the rewards for normal quests. So most people wanted to do them, but they required help as you could not solo them.

This "forced" social interaction. Groups would form around killing elite mobs. Social interaction would occur. Guild invites would be extended to helpful players. You would begin to recognize the names of other players that were around your level. Personalities would start to come through, and a sever community was built.
    Bingo! This is my thoughts as well. Still happens on vanilla servers

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Just have CC damn it! Or play the spec your class is suppose to! Warriors are tanks, priests are heals, druids are tanks or heals. Same deal with paladins tanks or heals. Screw your oomkin form!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Oh, and would you please explain how YOU queue for a MYTHIC dungeon? OH you only played Vanilla - that explains a lot.
    List a group in premade group finder, grab the first 4 warm bodies who sign up and go essentially solo it. If they contribute great, faster run, if they don't it doesn't really matter.