Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They've stated, multiple times, that the interest they see in vanilla servers would not off-set the costs of implementing and maintaining a 'classic server'.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    No they haven't. Here is a link from MMO champion on a 2015 interview.
    Which contains the exact quote from lore: Sure, there's definitely interest, even internally. We just don't think there's enough to offset the costs. (CM_Lore)

You were so wrong that you went out of your way to prove yourself wrong in your own post.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I call BS to this. You never played on the server.
    Can I do the same thing to all of you. Just call BS and disregard your entire arguments?

Cool end of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    NO, I don't think that at all. I've always believed that their stance is ideological rather than financially driven. They can't take the chance of people flocking back to earlier versions of the game, as it would prove they've made some catastrophically bad decisions (pun intended).
    So you're saying that Blizzard doesn't back down on "catastrophically bad decisions" and doesn't change their stance out of ideological reasons, no matter the outcry? No-flight in WoD, anyone?

Frigging hell, no one properly reads quotes anymore? I even wrote, and I repeat, Aerythlea's answer is dated January 15, 2016. This year. This January.

READ the sources before jumping to conclusions, GEEZ!!
    You want be like that? Read your own quotes, not once does it mention profits. lmao The issue is the work that would need to be done to make old data work on modern day technology.

Frigging hell, no one properly reads quotes anymore? I even wrote, and I repeat, Aerythlea's answer is dated January 15, 2016. This year. This January.

READ the sources before jumping to conclusions, GEEZ!!
    Reading would assume the individuals actually want to engage in conversation instead of shouting their opinions and dismissing everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Can I do the same thing to all of you. Just call BS and disregard your entire arguments?

Cool end of thread.
    Thanks for the proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that Blizzard doesn't back down on "catastrophically bad decisions" and doesn't change their stance out of ideological reasons, no matter the outcry? No-flight in WoD, anyone?
    Same could be true about vanilla like realms.
    We are hoping they back down on their current hardline stance.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    It might be the last non-profit taken down!
    So you're saying that illegal servers will start charging subscriptions for profit? Wouldn't that make Blizzard's job at squashing those illegal servers easier?

You want be like that? Read your own quotes, not once does it mention profits. lmao The issue is the work that would need to be done to make old data work on modern day technology.
    C'mon... profits equal earnings minus costs. If the costs are too high to be acceptable, what do you think the profits are going to be?
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

I also dislike how the legendary ring in WoD acts as a progressive nerf, which is not needed for already easy content. I dislike the power spikes in WoD.
    People did mythic with 0 legendary rings, now you have 795 rings and 2/2 item upgrades. What challenge is there?

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Same could be true about vanilla like realms.
    We are hoping they back down on their current hardline stance.
    They could back down, I'll admit, but given that they haven't changed a single note of their tune about that subject for nearly a decade, I imagine it's highly unlikely they ever will.

So you're saying that illegal servers will start charging subscriptions for profit? Wouldn't that make Blizzard's job at squashing those illegal servers easier?
    About 300 pages ago someone suggested that by making a classic servers all private servers would disappear in a manner similar to him. Not saying that's what he's saying obviously but if is, it's still laughably wrong 368 ish pages later.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    C'mon... profits equal earnings minus costs. If the costs are too high to be acceptable, what do you think the profits are going to be?
    Assume whatever you want. Doesn't mean it was mentioned. Like I said, the costs was vs the idea of people leaving after 2 weeks, which again, for the 100000 time, this server contradicted. How come you guys can't argue against this point? Let's keep grasping at straws though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aituul View Post
    I also dislike how the legendary ring in WoD acts as a progressive nerf, which is not needed for already easy content. I dislike the power spikes in WoD.
    People did mythic with 0 legendary rings, now you have 795 rings and 2/2 item upgrades. What challenge is there?
    Exactly 1 guild in the entire world killed Archi without legendary rings. ONE guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could back down, I'll admit, but given that they haven't changed a single note of their tune about that subject for nearly a decade, I imagine it's highly unlikely they ever will.
    Your opinion makes sense. But as you stated they have changed their stance in the past based on outcry.

... Really?

"extremely large amount of development and support resources it would take to implement and maintain them" doesn't cost money? "to support multiple versions of World of Warcraft concurrently" doesn't cost money? Are you implying that resources, be it manpower or time spent, doesn't cost money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Another private server bites the dust.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    World first raiders are not normal people.
    The hardest tier of content needs to be designed for the absolute best of the best. Right now, i find it incredibly hard to say that mythic raiding is adequately challenging.
    I also dislike the removal of many mechanics like threat, and the lack of need for situational awareness.

Deleted
    Are you for real or just dense beyond belief? Read the goddamn quotes and try again

Assume whatever you want. Doesn't mean it was mentioned. Like I said, the costs was vs the idea of people leaving after 2 weeks, which again, for the 100000 time, this server contradicted. How come you guys can't argue against this point? Let's keep grasping at straws though.
    The server absolutely confirmed their suspicions. 800,000 accounts created and 150,000 still active after a year. It's been said a dozen times, that's really shitty retention.