Thread: Nostalrius Ends

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    I bet you did cross the road on a red light once. That's illegal. Better shut you down? (Oh and all the evil things people here wish to nost players who enjoyed the game.)
    That's what I'm trying to understand. The sheer animosity from people who have never played on Nost, who don't know anyone who played on Nost, and have ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING REASON to be hating on people who played on Nost. Or for that matter, cheering that the server got shut down. Most of these twits didn't even know about Nostralius until the news of it getting shut down came out.

I myself have never played on Nost, I couldn't really give a hoot less that it got shut down, but it blows me away that every time I come into these threads about Nost, there are people absolutely frothing at the mouth and spewing regurgitated bullshit they've read elsewhere, cheering that Nost got shut down, and biting the heads off of anyone who defends Nost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except blizzard's rules aren't the law, so it's technically not illegal. Stealing property or using it without permission is, though.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Just like Nost players saying they would pay for the server yet are now advocating that people pirate all of blizzards stuff?

That's the best way to show you're the good guys right????? It's not like you could just stop buying their products and to cancel your pre-orders/subs or make real efforts to explain your stance, nah fuck that... best to just do MORE shit that is currently against the law.

I understand that you guys were having fun, but you can't say you have the moral high-ground with that spewing out of Nost community.

"Blizzard legally shut us down, let us illegally pirate their stuff more! That will show them!"

Also, I don't care that people play on private servers, just like you guys shouldn't be surprised when blizzard protects their IP.
    If blizzard takes what happened with the nost server and doesnt offer vanilla or timelocked servers then yeh i think people should go ahead. People want the product and if blizzard is to stupid to offer it then people are going to get it wether blizzard likes it or not.

just like you guys shouldn't be surprised when blizzard protects their IP.
    Assuming i played it. I never had the pleasure of playing the server but had i known about it i would have. If blizzard offered the same thing i would resub in a hearbeat.

let's say that a car manufacturer makes cars,
    Its not though. SO thats pointless in saying.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it ok for me to install an older version of OSX onto a non-mac? I mean, it's an older version that's better than the newer versions, it's ok for me to do this, right?

I myself have never played on Nost, I couldn't really give a hoot less that it got shut down, but it blows me away that every time I come into these threads about Nost, there are people absolutely frothing at the mouth and spewing regurgitated bullshit they've read elsewhere, cheering that Nost got shut down, and biting the heads off of anyone who defends Nost.
    This a thousand times. I dont get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the tears of all little pathetic thieves in all those threads clingin onto "fun" crap because they refuse to admit they broken law.
    It isn't thievery, and what they did technically isn't against the law. Had this gone to court, there really is no precedence for how to proceed. But knowing Blizzard, they'd pull something magical out of their ass that the Judge fully believes, and the Nost guys would probably end up in jail.

Again, spewing nonsense they read on other threads/pages. You have no idea what you're talking about. You just hate for no reason other than to hate, to be part of the group.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Another thread with pointless circlejerking arguments and moronic analogies, better close this one fast...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It isn't thievery, and what they did technically isn't against the law. Had this gone to court, there really is no precedence for how to proceed. But knowing Blizzard, they'd pull something magical out of their ass that the Judge fully believes, and the Nost guys would probably end up in jail.

Again, spewing nonsense they read on other threads/pages. You have no idea what you're talking about. You just hate for no reason other than to hate, to be part of the group.
    http://www.geek.com/games/blizzard-w...rvers-1277800/

What...
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    And they made profit. Nost didnt. Nost was ran from donations that went directly to the server hosts. Nothing more. Huge difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    let's say that a car manufacturer makes cars, and he upgrades the model and doesn't make the old cars anymore. The old cars they still have get stored in a storage facility.
    According to your logic, because you want the previous car, it is ok for you to go steal the cars, reverse engineer it and give it to people?
    i"ll give you a hint, and everyone else: it is not.

and yes, i wouldn't mind being able to get that car too, but doesn't change the fact it is not yours to do with what you want and for free.
    Not the best analogy.

Say you have that car model you like, and a lot of people like. the manufacturer then decided to change the engine of all those cars so they run on electricity instead.

However, some people liked the sound and feel of the old engines, so a non-profit company decided to build their own engines and gave them away for free to anyone who wanted it. If people wanted, they could give money to the manufacturer of the engine parts so the non-profit could keep making the engines.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I like how OP is acting like getting locked would be to silence him. No the thread wouldn't get locked because what it's about. The thread would be locked because you felt you were too special to post in the Nostalrius thread and make your own.

You think you want fun, but you don't.

RIP Nost, I never played there, never had any interest in private servers whatsoever - but its never course to celebrate a disappointing event like this. Says a lot about your character when you find enjoyment out of someone else's misery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the tears of all little pathetic thieves in all those threads clingin onto "fun" crap because they refuse to admit they broken law.
    So I'm only pretending I had fun because I broke the law??

Check out Mr logical here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Unless I am misinformed, Nostralius wasn't doing anything for profit. Scapegaming was. Big difference. I've only read on this forum that Nost was taking money to support the actual, physical servers to run the game, and it was in donations, not required. (If someone could point me to proof either for or against this, I would be glad to read it, because I'm still not sure about the money/profits involved with Nostralius)

7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares, the server was going down anyhow, you'all just salty that blizzard did what companies do and kill a wounded prey.

personal opinion on the matter: Never cared about Private servers, saw it as a cheap mans wow and held it in the same regard as botting and exploiting. Missed something in time? well shit, thats how life is, sometimes you just cant get that bit of candy you longed for and it sucks, but thats life. If/when the candymakers will reproduce it, you can have a taste but until then dont eat stuff from the shady people in someone backyard.
    Last edited by Addict; 2016-04-12 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Rekt.

Good to see they got shut down.
    Why? "bcuz pirate server lolz".

So annoying to see blizzard white knights like you, it's sad to see other people having fun right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofunallowed View Post
    You think you want fun, but you don't.

RIP Nost, I never played there, never had any interest in private servers whatsoever - but its never course to celebrate a disappointing event like this. Says a lot about your character when you find enjoyment out of someone else's misery.
    The world is full of bitter jealous people mate. This "breaking the law" never harmed them, but you get them screaming from their soapboxes just because of sheer nastiness.

These analogies. Just....why? Blizzard should just make some legacy realms - there is a demand for it, people want it, they are going to pay so why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    No true Scotsman and all that.

I played vanilla; it sucked compared to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Man, these people are so whiny... First of all, there's nothing "gray" about the private server stuff, IT IS illegal. It is "gray" for those that look for excuses, but the fact is that the server is using stories, characters, classes, mechanics and shit own by Blizzard WITHOUT permission. There's nothing "gray" about using something without permission. And that's only the server part, because the clients are forbidden to connect to anything other than Blizzard. Not to mention that most of the clients are taken from torrents, again illegally.

Now if you still want to continue this shit, for fucks sake, and in the name of everything that's saint in the universe, stop bitching and move the fucking server to a country that's not also the EU Blizzard HQ. Have you ever heard of fucking Russia? Now they can try to send letters to Russia all day long, it doesn't matter. Why the fuck would anyone pick France to host something illegal? "Hey look, these are Blizzard offices and across the street we host our illegal WoW servers, we are so fucking cool!!!"

To summarize this crap:

1) IT IS illegal
    2) if you want to go on with the illegal stuff, move to a country that doesn't give a fuck about Blizzard, lawyers and American copyright laws