Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Order hall resources and artifact power that can be farmed via dungeon queue..you literally never have to leave the order hall lol.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Whining is different from a discussion, good sir. If the op had written something less... whiny, I wouldn't have given a damn. But since it IS an alpha, you should wait/or check some more facts.
    Why do people always spout that nonsense, "omg it's alpha, omg it's beta" as if they might scrap the entire concept or re-design it a couple months before launch. I've got news for the all the idiots who continually make light of areas of concern because the game isn't a few months off: most of the time this shit makes it to live unchanged.

If there's any time to complain it's now because after you can suck a cock for the rest of the expansion 110% of the time.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Garrisons was actually one of the things I liked about WoD but as always, they were TOO grindy.

You can make like 50 characters per account, there are 12 different classes but who in their right mind would want to grind everything on all of them?

Also they had a lot of boring missions with pointless rewards and the faster you sent them out, the faster you got new ones.

So if theyre getting rid of the mine and the garden and also all the boring, useless missions and limiting the amount overall, Im good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Sure you can find order hall and artifact treasures out in the world by why bother?

That there shouldn't be a damn table where you get freeloot and send followers off to do adventures. The whole concept of this table is fundamentally WRONG.
    We don't need a damn table to explore the world and find and do quests and other activities. Why this table? It's not social, even if you do it in the same room with others. It's a waste of time.
    The Bonus Objectives/Quests in WoD would be a wonderful carry over then having to check on a table to get a quest. But Blizz wants the table to work. So for those who do use it hope Blizz remembers that more than one person will be trying to click on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Or are they? They forgot the part where you go for the scoutet area. Which is in the Alpha. Wait before you cry. The Garrison System was a good idea, but poorly converted. I, personally, like the new ideas they put into the campaign. But in the end, I'm just a fanboy. Right?
    Seriously. I mean this totally seriously. We're beyond giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt. Garrisons were awful and they can't even articulate that. Any sane person would look at guild halls and IMMEDIATELY think the worst. They deserve that. They earned that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Followers can't die; only troops can die, and troops are just generic units with no levels, ranks, or abilities so there's no worries about replacing them. Also, even if a mission fails, as long as you countered the deadly threat nobody will die, and not every mission will have a deadly threat.
    So why bother with troops.
    The entire garrison idea is shameful and un-immersive. If you want to succeed, you're forced to into this route. You're forced to do something else when there are other things you'd rather be doing. It's just a sad idea that was poorly thought out. Resources were pooled in WoD and they didn't want to lose out.

Bloody waste of time.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we kill a rare mob and then get raid loot? WHY? WHY DO YOU GET RAID LOOT OUTSIDE OF A RAID? Fuck everything about that.
    It's prbly a World Boss
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

"You think you hate mission tables, but you don't"

10+ Year Old Account
    But it is also alot more efficent & faster to finish them in the open world. The amount you from Dungeons is very small compared what you get in the open world.

Dungeons give 45, Open World is 100+.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Well... Bellular doesn't like it.

So we kill a rare mob and then get raid loot? WHY? WHY DO YOU GET RAID LOOT OUTSIDE OF A RAID? Fuck everything about that.
    You can get raid loot in 5 mans if you have keystones lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Order hall resources and artifact power that can be farmed via dungeon queue..you literally never have to leave the order hall lol.
    Unless an order hall quest sends you into the world.

Not to mention the adventure mode system that also sends you into the world that we haven't seen fleshed out yet.

and we don't know exactly where legendberries come from.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

1. Why would I wait hours (days?) to get a quest for myself from the missions? Why not just, I don't know, get the quest from an NPC?
    2. Why would I go out of my way to farm resources to access missions (!!! blergh. You hate it? Guess you have to work now to access what you hate!) to access quests that are on hours/days cd?
    Why not just go with daily/weekly quests if they want time gate?
    3. Why have they kept the gold reward missions? Why have they kept the other "fluff" type missions? Will we have another brilliant SELFIE cam coming from the mission table? Why not from the world?

Overall: Why keep the mission table at all, it serves no purpose, no depth, no real engagement. Only for the timegate and RNG element then? That's great :/ We need more of these in the game.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-04-12 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    All I'm hearing is "WAH WAH WAH I DON'T LIKE THIS EVEN THOUGH I'M PART OF A VOCAL MINORITY CHANGE IT!"
    You're wrong, the vocal minority is on the other side.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You're wrong, the vocal minority is on the other side.
    Really, because the 500 chronic whiners on these forums sure don't feel like a majority to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    But it is also alot more efficent & faster to finish them in the open world. The amount you from Dungeons is very small compared what you get in the open world. Dungeons give 45, Open World is 100+.
    Because the whole idea of standing at the same quest giver (called Garrison table or Class Hall table) every day to get and complete quests is not immersive, social, interesting or MMORPGish? I remember very well when Blizzard themself told us that they dislike the "chrismas tree light effect" in WotlK when you enter a quest hub and get showered with ~10 quests, that they planned to put the quests all over the place and breadcrumb questlines that make you visit the important places.

Many years later their solution is not to have quests all over the world, quests you find by exploring and quests and tasks that evolve naturally by interacting in the world. No, let's stay in the same place all day and get spoon feeded quests, gold and gear with no interaction with other players, the world (you visit it to complete a quest given in the class order hall, not because you explored it and found something) or as questlines that start at point a, send you to point b, c, d, e, f all over the place, maybe even enter an dungeon and finally complete it at point g with a big final reward. No, that would be too much fun and engaging. Better stay in the same place all day, play a facebook game with waiting times and only enter the world when the table tells you to (but not too long, better hurry and get back to the table soon to check for finished mission).
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I think it sucks why would you play wow when you can do the same thing for free on a webpage.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Well... Bellular doesn't like it.

Then again, that guy manages to say they are basically the same at the same time that he's unlocking world quests and actively engaging in lore. The tells of an idiot. Classic.

This makes me seriously doubt whether i will re-sub for Legion. Have they learned nothing?