Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Complete agreement from me. And to think.... we have to WALK (WTF!!!) to the dungeon entrance after getting a tank. The horror!!!!
    AND WE MIGHT EVEN WIPE??? How did anyone enjoy vanilla??? People must have been on drugs or something.
    You heard it here first folks. Vanilla dungeons are harder than Challenge Mode dungeons. And you had to WALK not like use flight paths or get summoned. Just walking. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Course you could. Just play the right class, hell I was dungeon soloing as Paladin in Vanilla. Got as far as LBRS bosses.
    Sure you did ... At level 70
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBK4BmCK77o

/pats.

There was a hunter soloing BRD Emperor at 60 using smart pathing to kite the whole room while killing the boss and that was - deservedly - a big deal.

What the hell is Nostralius? Never heard of it. But as I am reading about it - good riddance I say. I just hope Blizz will sue them and win a lot of $$$ - that will learn those guys to not steal anyone's intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You heard it here first folks. Vanilla dungeons are harder than Challenge Mode dungeons. And you had to WALK not like use flight paths or get summoned. Just walking. Yup.
    I can understand what he means. walking, flightpaths, summonings. They were convenient enough that it made the trips bearable but they didn't throw you right inside the dungeon. It made more people travel around the world, having to catch zeps or boats. You'd have players running around and doing things. It's what made the world feel a little bit more alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    (Did you see the nost server shut down event? With the way retail is going that caliber of event will NEVER happen)
    I dunno I've seen some pretty large events over the years. The one that sticks out the most to me was all the treant druids who jumped off of dalaran to their deaths because the patch was coming that was removing tree form. You could organize everyone on current servers to some area to do X thing, it wouldn't mean a whole lot other then there is a bunch of people clumped up to lag everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    I can understand what he means. walking, flightpaths, summonings. They were convenient enough that it made the trips bearable but they didn't throw you right inside the dungeon. It made more people travel around the world, having to catch zeps or boats. You'd have players running around and doing things. It's what made the world feel a little bit more alive.
    It also made the world fairly boring as you had long flightpaths to suffer through. I mean I know I did plenty of dungeons in Vanilla. Some times you talked to your group while getting there and then some times no one said a word and it was boring as fuck. I think removing of travel time to dungeons was a good thing. However when you combine that with dungeons getting WAY too easy and thus no reason to cc/plan pulls/have strats/threat gen for tanks being easy mode that was the main thing that killed off communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I dunno I've seen some pretty large events over the years. The one that sticks out the most to me was all the treant druids who jumped off of dalaran to their deaths because the patch was coming that was removing tree form. You could organize everyone on current servers to some area to do X thing, it wouldn't mean a whole lot other then there is a bunch of people clumped up to lag everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

It also made the world fairly boring as you had long flightpaths to suffer through. I mean I know I did plenty of dungeons in Vanilla. Some times you talked to your group while getting there and then some times no one said a word and it was boring as fuck. I think removing of travel time to dungeons was a good thing. However when you combine that with dungeons getting WAY too easy and thus no reason to cc/plan pulls/have strats/threat gen for tanks being easy mode that was the main thing that killed off communication.
    I actually enjoyed the whole flight path thing. It made the world feel huge. It's one of the reasons I dislike flying mount, I can't see the world as huge and expansive anymore.

Plus, the general struggle and grind of the came was like a community binding thing. Everyone had the same struggle and everyone has the same grind. Forcing players to travel is one of the reason that world pvp was a big thing. Having to go to hillsbrad to sign up for AV is the reason we had those huge Southshore vs Tauren mill fights.

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post

Back on topic...
    No, you could not solo elites in vanilla, unless there was an exploit.
    You could, as long as you knew how to kite mobs. I'll just leave this here for you to see how difficult it was to kill elites in vanilla: https://youtu.be/5frS6BjaiD8

Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    You could, as long as you knew how to kite mobs. I'll just leave this here for you to see how difficult it was to kill elites in vanilla: https://youtu.be/5frS6BjaiD8
    <3 Faxmonkey. I knew what the video was going to be before I clicked it.

I had soloed East wing of Dire Maul with my warlock on Vanilla.

Fun times.

But I prefer the actual games, I'm a casual now, i took an arrow in the knee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    good riddance, one less shitty pserver in the web
    haha, Nostalrius was as good if not better than retail was back then. They worked on the scripting for years.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Sure you did ... At level 70
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBK4BmCK77o

/pats.

There was a hunter soloing BRD Emperor at 60 using smart pathing to kite the whole room while killing the boss and that was - deservedly - a big deal.
    A rogue did that too, evasive tanking iirc.

Deleted
    In my opinion I think that Blizzard should release servers for each expansion, one for Cataclysm, one for TBC etc. All people like different things. I wouldn't say no to a WOTLK private server because that's where my glory days of WoW existed. If others disagree they can play on a Classic server. Of course people who don't like past content can just play the current expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbuckler View Post
    In my opinion I think that Blizzard should release servers for each expansion, one for Cataclysm, one for TBC etc. All people like different things. I wouldn't say no to a WOTLK private server because that's where my glory days of WoW existed. If others disagree they can play on a Classic server. Of course people who don't like past content can just play the current expansion.
    Sure we can. With 2 year long gaps between final tier and next expansion, because half the team is working on something only a small fraction of the playerbase wants.

Biggest complaint from WoW players? Not enough content.

Current biggest ask? Give us a legacy server that will never be updated or have new content.

GOOD JOB, COMMUNITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Bighammerbear View Post
    Biggest complaint from WoW players? Not enough content.

Current biggest ask? Give us a legacy server that will never be updated or have new content.

GOOD JOB, COMMUNITY!
    If only the argument was that black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Just so you know, there was another topic that had some good discussion points in it and that @Splenda decided to indiscriminately close.
    Stop making duplicates then.

Talk about entitlement.

As I said somewhere else:

I don't think people miss Vanilla. People misses the ambient of servers at that time, where you pretty much knew everyone, even the ones in the opposite factions. There, you created ties with those peoples, and you were cheering the major guilds in your server. You knew that this one or this one managed to down that boss, or have this rare mount.

There were a feeling of community back then, a feeling to belong to something. That was made the game more than just a game. We were part of something. With all the LFG-LFR system and all the other cross-realm stuff, you don't really belong to something larger. Yeah, you still belong to a guild, to a small group of people, but it is different.

The game in itself is not really relevant in the end. Now, we have come to an age of easy to get fun and everything must be consumed very fast. We just play a game, and, as good at it may be, it is just a game. And that's a little bit sad. But that how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Stop making duplicates then.

Talk about entitlement.
    I didn't make the duplicate, but I suppose it was too much work to check that prior to indiscriminately posting a snide insult.

Talk about laziness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    The game in itself is not really relevant in the end. Now, we have come to an age of easy to get fun and everything must be consumed very fast. We just play a game, and, as good at it may be, it is just a game. And that's a little bit sad. But that how it goes.
    And no ammount of legacy server will bring back the feelings form 10 years ago, no matter how hard you try. You are not the same person you were back then. But you will never forget one second, not one line of it. You will always remeber, when YOU were the noob.