Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    mate, if you once get to exalted you get your stuff and you never go there again, how about getting immersive and get the feel of the WORLD of warcraft, if you dont see people for a long time, your relations get down.`
    Redoing old content for the sake of redoing old content has nothing to do with immersion. If you think realism equals immersion, you should also have experience decay, and skill decay, and your gear should be destroyed after a certain amount of damage has been done (you can't keep fixing broken gear as we do now, it's not immersive). We should bring back feeding pets, carrying ammunition. You can't cast fireballs under water, you should be able to dodge spells, you need to ride your mounts for enough time every month or they'll leave, etc.

Redoing old stuff has nothing to do with immersion.

again, if you get to exalted you get what you want and you never go back ther ever again, this would accualy apply some replayabilty to the old content and even with the Legion level scaling it would be awesome.
    I want all my reputation to be exalted. I play for it, I do all the quests and farming to get there. I want to keep them there. I don't want to be forced to replay old content to keep what I played for. You don't have to do old content to keep mounts, gear, skills, recipes or anything. Why do you want me to do old content to keep my reputations? If you want to redo old content, you can, you don't need an incentive for that (unless you don't really want to and need to be coerced to do so).

Deleted
    That's a terrible idea that would either force you to farm for every reputation constantly or it makes you drop them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    A legacy server would be a fantastic idea to make old reps relevant
    Get lost, Nost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    That's a terrible idea that would either force you to farm for every reputation constantly or it makes you drop them all.

Get lost, Nost.
    You little lyrical professor

While I think making old content relevant is fantastic I dont think this is the answer. Though I'm one of the crowd with literally almost every reputation exalted; I would be grinding continuously if I wanted to keep them up. If they added new rewards periodically a better idea would not make them through reputation.

For example summoning Terokk and killing him was basically the pinnacle of the shatari skyguard. To make this relevant again have Terokk drop a blood of Sethe or some such item which can be used to enter the spirit world and finish off MU Sethe. This could be done as an instance (using preexisting assets) you cannot queue for and requires all five party members to have an item.

Boom you just added relevance to old world content, solo content, and group content that you would have to find/make a group for.

There's a lot of people with that 60 reputation achievement. I think a lot of them would be very unhappy WITH REPUTATION DECAY.
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2016-04-12 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    It be ok I guess if the content also became relevant.
    I think World Quests are the solution here, personally.

If they work well in Legion, I'd expect them to be used for all continents - at that point, old reputations can become meaningful again, without simply doing it synthetically for no actual reason.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there are other ways to make the world immersive without touching old content. I'll go for those.

you would never have to keep the reputation up to keep the rewards funtioning, that is just Tedius and not good, but the reputation it self would go down with time, so that maybe if blizzard put out new rewards to that spesific reputation, it would open up old content and give us more replayability ^^

there is no fun in having 60 reputation LOCKED at exalted.

- - - Updated - - -

The main reason behind an MMORPG is its replayabilty, maybe in this process they should make Reputation gains more fun and Interesting
    Or perhaps the reason for locked Exalted statuses is...Heroes never die, the factions we helped will always remember our deeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I have plenty to do without having to redo old content, so no thank you.
    No you dont, stop lying to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    No you dont, stop lying to yourself.
    I don't play 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, so yeah, I do. And that doesn't include raiding btw.

It's an idea that might work really well if the number of reps wasn't so high. For over 10 years the solution to reps was to simply add more though and that has lead to far to many reps to maintain and the decay amongst all of them would be an insane tide to hold back for someone that put in insane work to have say 80+ reps. The system punishes those people the most. Now if it was limited to say one or two reps that possibly decayed during the current expansion and this rep had rewards updated often it might be interesting. But once that expansion was over it fell back into a tradition stay filled bar. Maybe. But those rewards better be exciting. The ways of earning rep better be something a person could handle doing for a year or two. But maybe.

Deleted
    We got an amazing Idea, how about they do so that Reputations have to be "maintained and Nurtured" or else you would lose reputation until you hit Friendly,

Just hear me out:

Think of this, if you dont see a friend or a work group, for 10 years your "Reputation" will almost be non existant since people do forget maybe you just stay friendly but if you dont keep in contant with people and groups they tend to forget or lose the feeling they had before.

This would make Old content viable, Immersive and would make you go back and visit the old content so maybe if you take a break you will have aloot of cool stuff to do, this could also make it so that blizzard could refresh Reputation rewards from time to time "pets, mounts, Transmogs, New and interesting daily quests and other interesting stuffs"

This stuff would make the World more Immersive since if you just stay in a city all the time people would forget about you, just like in Real life ^^

Let us hear what you think!
    There would need to be a real good reason to keep the reputation up after rewards and achievements. And once I had reached exalted I would just do one daily or something to prevent the drop and nothing else.