Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Because we did enjoy the game 10 years ago, we cannot enjoy it now?
    you know damn well what i ment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    Oh no, i'd like to get more dungeons, but i just mean the mythic dungeon system, as in that you can re-do the dungeons with increased difficulty through out the entire expansion and people still complain and cry about that even though it's not a must, so that's what bothers me, whatever blizzard adds, even if it's good there will always be these people crying for literally no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, a lot of people from vanilla seem to complain about everything blizzard puts out. Not all of them obviously because i've met some that think vanilla wasn't all that great and they can see flaws in every expansion, unlike some people lol. And this mythic dungeon system will let a lot of people play on their own level which is great i see no bad design in it, but so far the only people i've met who complain are vanilla players.
    Yea some of those players think they where soo hardcore and it was soo difficult etc.... WOW caters to hella more ppl now then it ever did in vanilla. But some ppl dont like that..they want the game to be made just for them!

First people complain that dungeons aren't lasting the entire expansion now they're going to last the entire expansion and i'm pretty sure there's going to be 11 dungeons at launch because on the alpha there's another dungeon.
    I think what makes people upset is that instead of fixing issues like power creep Blizzard find away around them like having the content scale along with the power creep. In TBC for example the heroic dungeon gear and the crafted gear was relevant for a long time because of the small increments of power on raid gear. A solution like this will only work within itself and current content. The outside world and older content will still remain faceroll soon after the expansion launches.

Deleted
    Oh no, i'd like to get more dungeons, but i just mean the mythic dungeon system, as in that you can re-do the dungeons with increased difficulty through out the entire expansion and people still complain and cry about that even though it's not a must, so that's what bothers me, whatever blizzard adds, even if it's good there will always be these people crying for literally no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, a lot of people from vanilla seem to complain about everything blizzard puts out. Not all of them obviously because i've met some that think vanilla wasn't all that great and they can see flaws in every expansion, unlike some people lol. And this mythic dungeon system will let a lot of people play on their own level which is great i see no bad design in it, but so far the only people i've met who complain are vanilla players.
    In fact, I like increasing difficulty due to extra mechanics with a fixed timeframe better than the current CMs with same mechanics but go-go-go faster mentality. You are awarded for handling increasingly tougher dungeons, this is OK. I just love having story progression mirrored in dungeons, not raids only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I think what makes people upset is that instead of fixing issues like power creep Blizzard find away around them like having the content scale along with the power creep. In TBC for example the heroic dungeon gear and the crafted gear was relevant for a long time because of the small increments of power on raid gear. A solution like this will only work within itself and current content. The outside world and older content will still remain faceroll soon after the expansion launches.
    Also this. Current gear almost has no longevity as long as it is not from mythic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    How can you hate it, really? It adds to an already existing feature, Mythic will still be hard but those who want now have the option to make it harder. I just don't get how that is someting to hate.

Also thank God for that clarification, even though they already did at Blizzcon, maybe people can now finally put that Order halls = Garrisons bullshit to rest. Yeah, right..
    Easily? I don't play Diablo, because -- I know this is shocking -- I don't like it. Diablo-style dungeons is not something I ever wished for in all my 10 years of playing WoW. Running the same dungeon hundreds of times with slightly different stats for slightly different loot is not remotely fun or interesting to me. Especially since I've not enjoyed any of the dungeons they've made since Wrath. Besides, this still requires a regular group of 5, which won't always be online or available to play with.

And you're really naive if you believe Blizzard's hand-waving about Garrisons 3.0. They said the same thing in WoD beta.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Yes, but wow is more casual friendly nowadays, so this way blizzard tries to make it challenging and difficult for everyone on their own level, which is great. People who are crying are being a bit ridiculous at this point, people are just looking for everything to hate on nowadays when it comes to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    sometimes i get the feeling people cant think anyway else like a black and white way.

the problem of wow (for many) is the lack of challenge AND the problem of wow (for many others and/or the same) is the lack of content, and the boring repetetive nature of things. its both ! both are problems. not the first OR the second one.

its correct that the myth+ modes dont help with the second one. but it helps at least for the first one. and this is better than nothing and better than wod.

and nobody knows if blizz really dont add new content. i personally assume it will be similar as WoD, and that sucks, but it is also possible blizz adds more dungeon while Legion. when hots and overwatch dont work well (at the moment hots hasnt that much players) they maybe shift a little bit back to wow. we will see.

but its better than nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

it costs effort to build a dungeon. and when a company trys to "put in the least possible effort to milk the most out of a cashcow" then this is the last route you go.
    Well, pretty sure any game will look boring and repetitive after 11 years... And WoW is still going strong, even with half of the subscribers gone. This says A TON about this game.

Thing about HotS is more because of MOBA being very shallow genre. They actually added a lot of novelty, but probably too much at once :P And well... some of that novelty shallowed the genre even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Pssss... Blizz had Nostalrius shut down and still refuses to have legacy servers.
    What the fuck are you on about? Did you enter the wrong thread? There is nothing about your pirate servers on this post. Cry somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by X00 View Post
    wellcome to diablocraft
    So true. It quickly got old in Diablo and it will in wow as well. A new difficulity is just not content. It's a rehash of old content and rehashed material rarely ever goes over well in MMOs.

blizzard might as well come straight out and tell you that you will be running the same dungeons till your eyes bleed for the next year if not more and the only change will be some Affix the boss gets.

Replay-ability my ass. Fast track to boredom more like it.

Absolutely excited about the Mythic+ (new Challenge Mode) Dungeons, and hope they keep adding to the system.

Challenge Modes were an amazing feature when they first released in MoP, and this seems like the logical step.

I just hope it would work a bit more like Path of Exile maps, where you can spend currencies to reroll the affixes and prefixes, instead of not having a choice to do so. Rather you want to avoid a particular one with your 'comp', or simply want a more difficult one for extra rewards.

Deleted
    And so it happened, Blizzard turned World of Warcraft into World of Diablo

Next feature announced: "You can now partake with your party in scaling Greater Rifts by clicking on a device in your garriso.... class hall".

Say a guy whu never raid in tbc after you clear first tier of raids what was not so hard and go in to the second tier , heroics become laughable and you dident need to go there for any reason exept reputation or crafting loot.
    " crafted gear was relevant for a long time" Crafted Gear was PART of Raiding !! blacksmith weapons for example ... But you could not make them if you wasn't Raiding !
    "The outside world and older content will still remain faceroll soon after the expansion launches." Only fore Hardcore raiders , we are what?? 10% of WoW population?? You see "Special Snowflake" there are people(like 90% of wow population) who still play this game for fun and dont have mythic gear .

I don't like the scaling of gear either. I think each raid tier should be 5 iLvl increase with each difficulty being worth 1 iLvl. Mythic reward nothing beyond achievements, cosmetics, mounts, pets, gold, etc. Mythic would ideally be force scaled down. Meaning you can't later come back and cheese it. Ever. You'd be auto- scaled down. This way those mounts and achievements are #worthit.

I like the welfare legendary idea because I've had too many times people leave guild after getting the legendary. No thanks.

I also don't like the level scaling as how a level 90 has, literally, no chance against a level 100. A smart level 90 should destroy a dumb level 100.

There's several things in Diablo I like that I wish WoW had. The Xmog system being one and the account-bound bank being another.

I do NOT think we need new profession shit every expansion. I'd be ok with them only adding things when needed. So, for instance, we'd stay with what we had (+20 BA, +20 vers, etc) enchants -- we don't need new and more every single expansion. This would imply that professions like inscription would need a re-work to help and be in line, but I think the general idea is there. This would reduce the need to iLvl squish and power creep. People always need stuff. I'd be ok with inscription bringing party buffs and making classes bring their own buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Well, pretty sure any game will look boring and repetitive after 11 years... And WoW is still going strong, even with half of the subscribers gone. This says A TON about this game.

Thing about HotS is more because of MOBA being very shallow genre. They actually added a lot of novelty, but probably too much at once :P And well... some of that novelty shallowed the genre even further.
    Counter Strike and TF2 would like to have a word with you...

Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    I must admit, Blizzard were fucking machines in vanilla and TBC. The problem is they were releasing TOO MUCH content and people didn't get to see it all. Now they're not releasing enough and people are sick of it.
    This seems true for the same reasons many bands have difficulty with later albums. Most of the music that people love in the debut album has evolved over a much longer period of time of trial and error that the masses dont see. Once that good content is used up, its hard to compress all that work into a fast release cycle that keeps pace with public ADHD

Gonna be a joy watching the bitching for "Muh challenge!!" continue with people now lacking both Boss kills above Normal difficulty in Raids (or even LFR), AND not a single Keystone dungeon finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Gonna be a joy watching the bitching for "Muh challenge!!" continue with people now lacking both Boss kills above Normal difficulty in Raids (or even LFR), AND not a single Keystone dungeon finished.
    Well considering you can bring your gear with you -- I can see them justified. Who would want to run a non-Mythic person? I mean we already see *absurd* LFG iLvl requests for normal mode runs. I can't wait to see the iLvl requests for Keystone dungeons. I find it funny how people want a challenge but then make absurd iLvl requests to make it easier.

They need to set an iLvl for it and give default gear so it's purely about skill -- hopefully similar to how PvP will be.

I get it, fuck new content when you can recycle exist one. GW2 Fractals so much...

Sounds good if they put it in a LFD format, otherwise they can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Counter Strike and TF2 would like to have a word with you...
    Don't think they've ever been close to WoW's playerbase. TF2 hasn't gone above 85k players a day for last 6 months. CS hasn't beaten 825k in last 6 months, 823k was one time peak, wit average ~300-350k. Even if just 1 in 10 active players logs in daily, WoW still beats TF2 and CS combined...

I'm fine with dungeon scaling throughout the expansion but please make new ones throughout the expansion as well