Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    LOL time/skill still = reward. You want good gear, that takes time and/or skill.
    Unless you wait a couple of months, then you get it in Tanaan. Or through your... garrison. How can something like that possibly be justified? Getting gear for literally waiting.

You just want to see the story, sure you can get threw lfr in a night.
    That's exactly the problem. That robs people of a lot of the motivation to invest a lot of time into the game.

And you'll get shitty rewards for it due to the low time/skill requirement. LOL
    There shouldn't be any for a mode that requires no thinking.

Too bad this entire talk about whether the features and gameplay mechanics back in Vanilla were worse or better than we have now in Warlords of Draenor is entirely subjective and varies from person to person..

Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    It was the best thing ever. It was the first game. And now it's crap. Blizzard stated they wanted people out of the cities and into the world. They gave us Garrisons. A city of your own. Where you can stand and do absolutely nothing and have everything handed to you.

I'm not even going to comment... Okay, I am. Vanilla dungeons were challenging. Mythic dungeons are not. LFR is a joke. Professions... don't even get me started. I liked farming and it served a purpose. And I was out in the world.
    TBC/WotLK had more players and had more of a Vanilla feel in regards to challenge but also offered better class balance with more things to do so why don't people clamor for those types of servers over Vanilla?

Vanilla dungeons were just about as challenging as MoP dungeons which was not much. TBC heroic dungeons and WotLK heroics on the other hand were the high point. I love how you mention 'mythic dungeons and LFR' and not Challenge Mode Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding. Since Vanilla only had large scale raiding it would be fair to compare that to heroic/mythic raiding and not LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Your point is wrong.
    I'm sure you'll take the time to enlighten me, then.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    TBC/WotLK had more players and had more of a Vanilla feel in regards to challenge but also offered better class balance with more things to do so why don't people clamor for those types of servers over Vanilla?

Vanilla dungeons were just about as challenging as MoP dungeons which was not much. TBC heroic dungeons and WotLK heroics on the other hand were the high point. I love how you mention 'mythic dungeons and LFR' and not Challenge Mode Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding. Since Vanilla only had large scale raiding it would be fair to compare that to heroic/mythic raiding and not LFR.
    Id love an official WotLK or TBC server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Too bad this entire talk about whether the features and gameplay mechanics back in Vanilla were worse or better than we have now in Warlords of Draenor is entirely subjective and varies from person to person..
    Depends. If you just say "better" or "worse" without explaining how you determine which is better or worse, then yes.

But if you take as a basis that WoW is an MMORPG and should stay an MMORPG, then something like getting rid of the need for social interaction is definitely making the game as an MMORPG worse.

And if your argument is that you don't care about social interaction then your opinion doesn't count for much.

That's like me joining a company as a CEO and then making decisions that will make the company less money, and then when people point out that I'm making the wrong decisions I defend it by saying "I don't care about money".

Then you have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by joruu View Post
    Id love an official WotLK or TBC server.
    Yeah it could be argued that either one of those servers would trump Vanilla. Which is why asking for Blizzard to do classic servers is a huge pandora's box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    I'm sure you'll take the time to enlighten me, then.
    Ha! Good one. I will wait until the end of times for that

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL time/skill still = reward. You want good gear, that takes time and/or skill. You just want to see the story, sure you can get threw lfr in a night. And you'll get shitty rewards for it due to the low time/skill requirement. LOL
    You shouldn't be able to kill the last boss in the game without talking to anybody... Preach had a great video on accessibility and apathy in where he demonstrated how poisonous it is for the genre...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    But if you take as a basis that WoW is an MMORPG and should stay an MMORPG, then something like getting rid of the need for social interaction is definitely making the game as an MMORPG worse.
    So what is the official definition of an MMORPG you use to say WoW is not one?

10+ Year Old Account
    So 150k > 4 million? So you bitch about missing a lot of things but then also complain that wow ADDED things like pet battles?
    150k fro a single realm that was underground. A lot of people, including myself, didn't know about Nostralius until it was shut down. Does anyone care about the pet battle system in WOW? It's something you could do while raiders log in, but I usually just alt+tab for that.

So hey why not just remove all those things from Legion to get that 'Vanilla-feeling back' I'm sure that'll go over WONDERFUL with the playerbase.
    This man is a genius. No more Garrison's, no more daily quests, and no more copy and paste quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    You can still take your time leveling, you don't have to equip heirlooms, you don't have to grind dungeons, and you don't have play alone. I don't know about you, but in vanilla, pretty sure everyone was about fast leveling and endgame, granted it had more steps, but essentially same goals as now. The game felt different when you were new, because everything was new, and that isn't the case anymore.

You now have 100, soon to be 110 levels to plow through, 1-60 was great the first time, not so much the 2nd and by the 3rd you'd rather pay a China man to do it for you. Running around on foot wasn't awesome, it sucked, I was so happy at level 40, and extremely disappointed at level 60 when I couldn't even afford an epic mount.

Grouping was a pain in the balls, especially on collection quests, people grouped to make things easier sure, but not because they enjoyed it. The players asked for these changes, it wasn't something they did because lowest common denominator = sales.
    Have you tried leveling even without heirlooms? It doesn't matter. You're hitting grey mobs even when you're halfway through the zone. The game isn't designed for "peaceful-easy-take-your-time" leveling anymore. You can't explore the zones the same way. You'll out-level everything. And no, the players didn't ask for these changes, some did, some didn't, but ultimately they made their own changes for their own reasons, "We think" being the word of God himself. How many times have these forums and the official forums been flooded with criticism? Plenty. Too many. And no, we didn't ask for Garrisons either. Blizzard went out and said they wanted the players out of the cities and then came Garrisons. The only time I think they listened, was when people asked for flying in Draenor. WoD is probably the worst expansion ever, but then again, I'm a huge fan of TBC and I was close to tears when they revealed Legion to be up next. I loved TBC because it didn't bring massive changes to the game, it added to it instead. WoTLK was different, Cataclysm horrendous, MoP a joke though I liked the music and WoD the Worst.

Point is, the core values are gone if you ask me. BUT, as I stated, Legion brings back some of the aspects that I felt was lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    150k fro a single realm that was underground. A lot of people, including myself, didn't know about Nostralius until it was shut down. Does anyone care about the pet battle system in WOW? It's something you could do while raiders log in, but I usually just alt+tab for that.
    150k is bad for an advertised, streamed, bragged-on-official-forum free Vanilla server, when everyone here seems to claim Vanilla was the magnum opus of video gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    This man is a genius. No more Garrison's, no more daily quests, and no more copy and paste quests.
    Instead we get a big bag of fukall?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Homogenization, handouts, removal of tiered progression and required time and effort for reward. Flying, garrisons, missions, LFD/LFR.... An over abundance of convenience.
    Homogenization is a bullshit argument. The play style of each class and spec are very different even after the homogenization. The fact that 2 roles can fill the same thing is niche irrelevant. It's even a good thing as it leads to more natural diversity.

The only handouts in the game are the boosted gear you get. Everything else requires you to do some amount of work. But I guess you probably feel the reward is to "high". That may or may not be true. I'd trust the people with the data over those without. It's not like Vanilla had a good stick rate. (It was barely higher than Nos)

Oh flight, wow has a shitty travel system. Flight was a good solution to it. Dev team never really utilized it well, but that may be fault of the game engine.

Garrisons: Good idea, but I don't think it should have generated as many mats as it did.

Missions?

LFD: Ahh the I don't like queues. I don't like being forced to sit in a capital city for 30mins to several hours trying to get a group together for sunken city. It's a trade off. LFD itself isn't a bad thing at all. It allows you to actually play the game instead of play recruiter. When it went cross realm maybe there was a drop in social aspect...but it really wasn't noticeably different from vanilla for me.

LFR: Oh darn, people who wouldn't ever raid due to lack of time or skill get to do an ez mode raid for bad loot. Why should I care? At worst some I world have never raided with gets to raid (in a sense) at best maybe someone who never would have raided gets exposed to it and want to step up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

15+ Year Old Account
    Without an unbiased view, do you guys think Blizzard are regretting their actions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So what is the official definition of an MMORPG you use to say WoW is not one?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massiv...e-playing_game

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    XP reduction when you party up
    Im pretty sure that was always in the Game, atleast Wowwiki doesnt give any information about it being added into the game from a quick research.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Without an unbiased view, do you guys think Blizzard are regretting their actions?
    I think they are too arrogant and full of themselves to admit they did anything wrong.

Deleted

If I was to mention everything that I felt was wrong, then I'd sit here for hours on end. Challenge Mode Dungeons were of choice. I didn't run them, not back then or now. So I'm not qualified to talk about them. I only mentioned LFR because it's a joke. That's it. It's a hilarious joke. That's all I have to say. I'm not a Mythic raider either. I've only done the dungeons and HC HFC. But I get your point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    "Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a world. This means that MMORPGs are online games where a player is able to play with other people all around the world."

Yeah that's WoW. Even if you hate the game currently.