Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Best caster for duels/1vs1?

Is there a caster who can perform well vs both: melee and ranged in 1vs1 fights?
    Affliction Warlock is very powerful vs ranged but sucks vs melees, while frost Mage is great vs melees and not that great vs casters and Hunters.
    Do you think Moonkin or Fire Mage would be the best option? What about Demonology Warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Is there a caster who can perform well vs both: melee and ranged in 1vs1 fights?
    Affliction Warlock is very powerful vs ranged but sucks vs melees, while frost Mage is great vs melees and not that great vs casters and Hunters.
    Do you think Moonkin or Fire Mage would be the best option? What about Demonology Warlock?
    Isnt a warrior with a full dot line a dead warrior during a duel ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Isnt a warrior with a full dot line a dead warrior during a duel ?
    Nop. Warrior eats Affliction for breakfast. This is not Vanilla any more:P

7+ Year Old Account
    I always feel safe next to a competent boomkin. They've got an answer to everything it seems.

Thyraz is great for inspiration if you were looking for an example. He has some good 1 v 3's as well.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nop. Warrior eats Affliction for breakfast. This is not Vanilla any more:P
    Not if the affl lock specs into drainlife.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demos, seems to beat a lot of classes in durotar, same counts for Destro(imba healing) and Shadow doesn't do a bad job at dueling either, while playing Shadow myself and I know warriors are the bane.. I still eat arms and dessert is fury that is a close 50/50

Probably a healing spec destro lock.

Deleted
    Thnx, guys. So Moonkin or Warlock you say ... What about Fire Mage?

Warlock is just wishful thinking. Assuming equal skill moonkin is the most versatile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance Druid if you're good at it.

ele shaman hands down.

oh no i mean your hands will be down while you take it hard from behind.

Fire mage seems to very good but mostly vs mecalee ? (correct me if i am wrong, i main a melee class) but Boomy is good vs everything, Great boomies are truly scary 1v1 especially if they got a pillar to kite you around. Locks dont give me much trouble at all (maybe a glad xp Destro lock), i would def go with a boomy, this spec has tools to kill any spec in game.

On my boomkin I can do well against both. Death knights and WW can be trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    I always feel safe next to a competent boomkin. They've got an answer to everything it seems.

Thyraz is great for inspiration if you were looking for an example. He has some good 1 v 3's as well.
    Yeh those videos are great, i also loved his 3dps @ 2.7k cr as boomy/boomy/UA, i think it was only 3x dps class to get that far during this xpac in 3s ladder (i am not counting Blood/brew/brew since they were tanks)

Probably Boomkin. Derpy as fuck mobility, heals, and CC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Locks dont give me much trouble at all (maybe a glad xp Destro lock), i would def go with a boomy, this spec has tools to kill any spec in game.
    Well, if you can kill Affliction lock who spec Drainlife with Moonkin, hands down! No way in open world, you might get success when pillars are included. But you can at least run away from him:P There is no caster who can beat drainlife affl lock. And btw, how do you kill Feral as boomkin? Or Assassination/sub Rogue?
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2016-04-16 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    frost mage, so much single target burst, not to mention you dont have to cast much too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Probably Boomkin. Derpy as fuck mobility, heals, and CC.
    I'm a little surprised people answered anything BUT boomkin..

Well, if you can kill Affliction lock who spec Drainlife with Moonkin, hands down! No way in open world, you might get success when pillars are included. But you can at least run away from him:P There is no caster who can beat drainlife affl lock. And btw, how do you kill Feral as boomkin? Or Assassination/sub Rogue?
    Oh, i didnt mean that i main Boomy, i simply meant that i think Boomy is a better spec, i main as Ret. Only very good mages/boomies are hard for me 1v1, locks usually are easy, destro locks speced into healing take some time but still easier to deal with than a Boomy, hence from personal pov i advised a boomy ))) (besides shadowmeld / flight form is an ultimate oh shift button to get away after ganging some1)

Not long ago i saw on a fully populated arena server(ppl playing pvp there with avg ratings of 2,4k+, AM titels and so on) an affliction warlock farming everyone without a single loss for about 1,5 hours straight in common duels in front of SW, most of the time against other expierenced dudes. A lock can absorb a lot of dmg before considering heals, using various cc to get a bit of a distance, actually melees are only good at killing bad locks that have no slight level of awareness. I was a bit suprised affliction locks are doing so extremely well in duels though, when played properly by a glad. While demology was always considered the best duel spec here. Locks are simply op when considering duels. like in the old BC SL/SL days, just much better, with more def cds and dmg, while granted old day warlocks were much simpler to play with that spec and could get countered by any rogue espcially undead one, easily.

You asked for the answer and thats the fair and honest answer, its lock any spec.

BUT thats with fair 1vs1 duels or under arena conditions, not using weird tactics no one uses in pvp situations.(toys, potions and stuff)

In WPVP and in an allowed flying zone, nobody can beat a boomkin, cause its not possible to beat him, simply as that. 3 min instant death that can sometimes be countered, but not always - in addition with total immunity to whatever you can do, as stealth and instant fly form with high heals is broken.(saying OP would downplay this "small" issue, wpvp has no loot and ratings, if it would have this, i bet druids alltogether would see a sledgehammer nerf in that area).

This does not mean any boomkin or lock player is playing to his full potential, though, so you might still see people beating them, like its with any class and spec, just the lock, i see rarely losing in a highly competetive duel event and boomkins as mentioned are unfair in wpvp, but are merely taken for RBG's. didn't see so many boomkin duels on my server as lock duels, but luckily there are some good streamers, showing whats possible even under arena conditions when dueling 1 or more people solo and i played both classes myself for a long time, the boomkin more recently so i can confirm, they are pretty much the best casters in duels as well as arena/rbgs.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-04-20 at 04:39 AM.