Wow that was a whole lot of helpful responses fast, thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    When DW'ing you'll rely a lot on rolls and it's a rough playstyle to get use to if you're new to the game.
    I kinda got into this vein of games playing vindictus and my favorite character to play was lann which is a dual wielding guy who's only evade is either physically avoiding the attack with movement or using a really short lil dash with .3 seconds of iframes in the middle of the animation that can be used twice in a row before a pause. Most of playing that guy is just lining up bosses attacks with that .3 seconds while weaving in and using attacks to position yourself. Its super unforgiving for people to get used to and you would actually end up getting auto-kicked from a lot of groups because its really common for people playing the character to just be on the floor all the time to the point where people don't like gambling to figure out if someone can hack it or not.

Stopped playing that game though because fuck nexon.

Played other games using a similar style (like MH) but none that really let you abuse iframes like lann in vindictus. Looking up some random boss fights it seems like you can do that in this game, I'm hoping its similar enough for me to get the same sense of enjoyment. I really enjoyed getting better at soloing bosses (vindi bosses are meant to be fought with 8 people for the most part) and getting to really abuse the iframes and play hyper aggressive and being punished hard for a misstep.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

You can do it, and that's where the console version of the game has an advantage. Due to the 60 fps the PC runs at, the invulnerability window is a bit shorter than the 30 fps on consoles. Personally I prefer sword/shield first before I swap to a more reckless build. If I've gone through an area a couple times i'll usually just sprint through it dual wielding/2h'ing like a madman. Something I really like about the game is it's taking me out of my comfort zone. In DS2 for 99% of the game I could hide behind a great shield and facetank pretty much everything. Now I find myself utilizing rolls more often and 2h'ing more than shielding. This works especially well against the NPC "PvPers".

Also more people need to hurry up and catch up to me, I want to discuss stuff so badly! :C

Yeah I don't have a console so I'll be at that disadvantage I guess xD

I was wishing bloodborne came out for pc but it looks like that's not happening anytime soon. Think I'ma need a bit more jrpg incentive on the ps4 end before I'm willing to bite the bullet there. FF7 remake has me on the fence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never played a Dark Souls game before.
    I watched a bit of 'warrior' and 'sorcerer' gameplay. They both drank a lot of potions for life and mana. So is this the usual way to recover them?
    If I play a sorcerer and I run out of potions, then it's over, right?
    How does it work?
    Can one craft the potions? Or just buy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I watched a bit of 'warrior' and 'sorcerer' gameplay. They both drank a lot of potions for life and mana. So is this the usual way to recover them?
    How does it work?
    Estus flasks refill by resting at a bonfire

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    How does it work?
    ^ What they typed. Also...

If anything like DSII, you can buy or randomly loot items, that can reset some or all of your spells, to use during or between fights.
    tbh though, in DSII, they were limited.

I read starting class ultimately doesn't matter, but what would you guys recommend starting out with if I plan to do the whole dual wielding etc that I described?

Is it normal for the atmospheric audio to momentarily cut out when your character makes a noise.. like walking? I'm getting that in the start area. It's a little weird.

Edit: Realtek drivers upgrade fixed it.
    Last edited by Collected; 2016-04-12 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    What's odd is that with the shield I'm using now (a basic kite shield), even when I'm definitely one handing my right-hand weapon L2 still goes into the weapon art mode. When I equip the wooden shield from the tutorial area L2 does a shield bash. The shield bash doesn't seem to be able to parry or I just don't have the timing down?
    Shields have weapon arts as well, so when you use a shield, that will be the weapon art rather than the weapon. Some shields have parry, some have shield bash, some have the ability to use your weapons one instead, and there are probably some special ones as well i haven't seen as i never use shields outside of parrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I read starting class ultimately doesn't matter, but what would you guys recommend starting out with if I plan to do the whole dual wielding etc that I described?
    I read that warrior or Knight would be the best for that. The best is with the lowest magic class stats and, I would guess, something with lower strength and higher dex. Strength is usually heavy weapons while dex is often associated with finesse.

How does it work?
    You can upgrade your potions. You will most likely never be a pure mage but more like a battlemage like Gandalf, I.E. melee some of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I would roll a knight. You can get the Uchigatana fairly early on which is a great dex weapon. Knight Armor is also some of the best until the end game

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot! managed to kill my 4th boss and now i am lost on where to go!
    Must admit that one of the fights made me use a summon to aid me, lost 25k~ souls due to some hardcore dmg T_T

PS: The "swampy area" didnt drop me as many frames as i though it would, the performance on my pc is shit anyways idk why :/
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I hereby declare this game, Demon Borne.

There's just so many similarity (and reused assets / exact same thing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by remilia View Post
    i hereby declare this game, demon borne.

There's just so many similarity (and reused assets / exact same thing)
    fat official hype.

ps: the cathedral boss was fun tbh, first time i see a "mob" fight done well on souls games.

But yeah, one bossfight reminded me of fool's idol from demon's souls. Oh yeah also the leech monsters , so much bleeding and their puking sound effect makes me sick as fuck, sounds realistic as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Now i am stuck and idk where to go, blind runs hooray!
    Last edited by barackopala; 2016-04-12 at 06:15 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Shields have weapon arts as well, so when you use a shield, that will be the weapon art rather than the weapon. Some shields have parry, some have shield bash, some have the ability to use your weapons one instead, and there are probably some special ones as well i haven't seen as i never use shields outside of parrying.
    Makes sense, it just made the tutorial area super awkward and confusing 'cause it was like "L2 to parry!" and I was like "but L2 is doing a shield bash".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I hereby declare this game, Demon Borne.
    Definitely a huge emphasis on Demon's Souls in this one. The tutorial area and Firelink Shrine are totally similar. Really though it seems to me like they took the best out of all the games and...made a game out of it? So Demon Borne Souls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    fat official hype.

ps: the cathedral boss was fun tbh, first time i see a "mob" fight done well on souls games.

But yeah, one bossfight reminded me of fool's idol from demon's souls. Oh yeah also the leech monsters , so much bleeding and their puking sound effect makes me sick as fuck, sounds realistic as hell.
    Tower of Latria Jail, gimmick weapon for a boss looted inside the boss arena, reused Chalice Dungeon assets. Hell even the health is exactly 30% less (like in Demon's Souls with the ring)

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Definitely a huge emphasis on Demon's Souls in this one. The tutorial area and Firelink Shrine are totally similar. Really though it seems to me like they took the best out of all the games and...made a game out of it? So Demon Borne Souls
    The beginning pacing is really really slow is my biggest issue which I think may make repeat play throughs less attractive.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-04-12 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait there was a gimmick weapon for which boss? apparently i havent found him yet D:

Super disappointed by these bosses, Bloodborne set the bar too high I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Wait there was a gimmick weapon for which boss? apparently i havent found him yet D:
    Yeah, you'll meet it, you have to it's required. It's pretty damn obvious when you realize you're doing no damage.

Also number stored is the same number as in BB, it's kind of... derp?

10+ Year Old Account
    thing is idk where to go now lol