Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    WHAT ARE THOSE?!

/caps
    Shoes are those things people wear on their feet to protect them and sometimes to enhance an "outfit" and to "pull it all together". There are also some shoes with extra height on the back to enhance the ass and legs of the wearer.

No. But with that said, I don't read books. Like I don't think I've actually ever finished a book that's over 200 pages. Ever.
    I used to read them. Then I discovered video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I used to read them. Then I discovered video games.
    Yeah! :P

Even the English novels we had to read for our assessment in high school (we were given stimulus before the exams), just studied online. Never read them! Still got A's. Easy.

#videogames4life

Also I am TERRIBLY excited for Gears of War 4. Beta starts soon. Can't freaking wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Last book I read over 200 pages was "You Only Live Twice". Finished that in January. "on Her Majesty's Secret Service" and "Thunderball" were also over 200 pages and read in January. The rest of the 17 books I've read this year were all between 100 and 200 pages.

My profile, in case anyone cares: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9657791

I've always thought about making a good reads profile. I used to read plenty of lengthy novels, but fell out of the habit.

I used to read books.

I still read books but I used to too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah! :P

Even the English novels we had to read for our assessment in high school (we were given stimulus before the exams), just studied online. Never read them! Still got A's. Easy.

#videogames4life

Also I am TERRIBLY excited for Gears of War 4. Beta starts soon. Can't freaking wait!
    I didn't do homework in school or gymnasium and still got good grades - then I hit university and boy was that a rude awakening...

@Arlee could you put me on there for a Star Trek game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    I used to read books.

I still read books but I used to too.
    Oh hey there mitch

I used to be a big gamer/reader. Nowadays I only really have time for one and my love of reading is the clear winner. If anyone wants to suggest some Fantasy series Im all ears (Just started Malazan)

Quote Originally Posted by JynxieJ View Post
    @Arlee could you put me on there for a Star Trek game?
    Oh sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Oh hey there mitch

I used to be a big gamer/reader. Nowadays I only really have time for one and my love of reading is the clear winner. If anyone wants to suggest some Fantasy series Im all ears (Just started Malazan)
    A song of ice and fire

Dresden Files if you want mystery plus fantasy.

If you've just started the Malazan books you're going to be there a while! Great series though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    A song of ice and fire
    Read it like 3 times at this point but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    If you've just started the Malazan books you're going to be there a while! Great series though.
    Ya thats kinda why I started it. Need something long to draw me in after the Dark Tower series

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Dresden Files if you want mystery plus fantasy.
    I''ve heard good things about that series - Was it made into a tv show for a bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey there mitch

Personally I love the Belgariad and Mallorean series. Some of the only books I've ever read more than once.

Read it like 3 times at this point but thanks

Ya thats kinda why I started it. Need something long to draw me in after the Dark Tower series

- - - Updated - - -

I''ve heard good things about that series - Was it made into a tv show for a bit?
    A World of Ice and Fire.

Oh hey there mitch

I've read a lot of crap in my life

I liked...
    Terry Pratchett, discworld series.
    Not really fantasy, more of social commentary camouflaged in a fantasy setting. Nonetheless, it's amazing.
    Start with "Small Gods", then read the guards books following it. You'll enjoy them, guaranteed.
    The books get better as the author gets older, so the real gems are towards the end. The earlier books are skippable, there is continuity in there, but each book can be picked up individually.

Jim Butcher, Dresden Files.
    It's modern fantasy, about a wizard private detective dealing with magical troubles in Chicago. Urban fantasy, but fantasy nonetheless. It's the kind of story that has enough originality in it to spawn a sub-genre. Very engaging writing, I ended up devouring all 14 books in just under 2 months. That's a sign of the tale being fun. The last in the series (so far) was one notch above, really.

Mary Gentle, Grunts!
    Let's do an old classic. It's about a gang of orcs that.. before the final battle between good and evil (tm) ends up raiding a dimension-travelling dragon's lair, finding some earth-tech weaponry, and deciding to form an army. Space Marines style, minus the space part. Very fun read. Very evil. If you would like the evil side to a fantasy setting, this is for you. Also, it's only one book, so it's short!

Sergey Lukyanenko, Night Watch
    Also urban fantasy, this is a story about the people working in Moscow branch of the Night Watch, a police organization policing the dark magicians in the world - and the Day Watch, a police organization policing the light magicians opposing them. Unfortunately for everyone involved, there is a peace treaty between dark and light, and nobody can really do much about crimes going on unless they catch them in the act. So this book is all about everyone pulling spy games tactics, with Xanatos Gambits one-upping each other to force the opposition into losses. I guarantee reader satisfaction; it's the kind of tale you read on your pillow and sudenly it's 6 AM and you MUST KEEP ON READING BECAUSE IT IS JUST THAT AWESOME. There are also two significantly worse sequels to this book that aren't worth reading.

Raymond Feist, Midkemia series.
    Very long "low-magic" fantasy series mainly focusing around a magician and a royal family over several generations (typically one per 3 books or so). Sometimes it's really excellent. Sometimes it's... dragging out. The author could have used a better editor I think, the quality is variable. But - it's responsible for the best computer RPG ever made; Betrayal at Krondor - and the good parts are really good. Overall one of the better and more interesting settings I've read.

Neil Gaiman, American Gods
    Heh, I figured I'd do another modern fantasy to the list. If you like more traditional almost fairytales fantasy, try Stardust instead. But I like this one better. It's about the background of the gods of America, a bit of a murder mystery, a dash of god politics... and most importantly, a rather good tale. Combined it makes a really good read.

Suzanna Clark, Jonathan Norell and Mr Strange
    Victorian Era magicians, alternate history and some very stubborn characters. Frankly, it's a brick of a book, and it's very slow to get into. But the payoff is very good. No wonder it's high on every "best fantasy" list. If you haven't read it, and can stomach a "low-action" tale, I recommend it.

Ryukishi07, Umineko Naku no Koro Ni
    Hey, it may not be hardcover, but this surely counts as a book series. It's an english-translated fantasy/mystery visual novel, with the length matching an 8 book series. Stealing heavily from Agatha Christie and Knox' commandments, it starts out as a mystery novel covering the murder mystery of the desolate mansion on the a deserted island. However, this is not a murder mystery (it is, but not quite). This is a fantasy tale. There is a witch afoot, a witch who takes the tale to a new level when she challenges the main character to solving the mystery that just killed him. But as the main character is diving deeper into the tale, it soon becomes clear that not even the witch is fully in control of what is going on. I like this one for the murder mysteries, the logical puzzles - and the magical dimension to it all. Note that the ending is either amazing or a letdown, depending on how you interpret the tale.

I stole a lot of aspects in the MMMM game from this book, but I might just be persuaded to do a real Umineko game some day.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I've read a lot of crap in my life

I liked...
    Terry Pratchett, discworld series.
    Not really fantasy, more of social commentary camouflaged in a fantasy setting. Nonetheless, it's amazing.
    Start with "Small Gods", then read the guards books following it. You'll enjoy them, guaranteed.
    The books get better as the author gets older, so the real gems are towards the end. The earlier books are skippable, there is continuity in there, but each book can be picked up individually.

Raymond Feist, Midkemia series.
    Very long "low-magic" fantasy series mainly focusing around a magician and a royal family over several generations (typically one per 3 books or so). Sometimes it's really excellent. Sometimes it's... dragging out. The author could have used a better editor I think, the quality is variable. But - it's responsible for the best computer RPG ever made; Betrayal at Krondor - and the good parts are really good. Overall one of the better and more interesting settings I've read.
    I can vouch for these two. I don't get a lot of time to read anymore but I try to read everything Raymond Feist writes. I even read the stuff he is co-author of, it's all good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    @Celtic209 have you read John Dies At The End?
    Omg spoilers

It's the name of the book! Also This Book Is Filled With Spiders