Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    I spent $15 yesterday on coffee and lunch. Unless you're 12 years old or something, ~50 cents a day isn't exactly a lot.
    The difference is i would have got value for 15 bucks and also enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean no one would say no to a sub that costs less money, but i doubt itll change anytime soon
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    We get it you're mad Nostalrius was shut down and you don't like neo-wow

this game has been 15/month since the day it launched. If we went by current inflation rates it would have more than doubled by now.

Then you don't sub.

Most people that unsub don't do it because the price is too high. It wouldn't matter if the sub was only 5 bucks a month...they'd still unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Who still pays for subs anyways?

In all fairness, due to inflation, WOW costs less than 10 years ago.
    This is a solid point that many miss.

Touching on your first point...WoW is essentially free if you play a small amount of time each month. Time is money but if I earn enough gold during my normal playtime to pay for the monthly fee, Blizzard is paying me to pay them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    We get it you're mad Nostalrius was shut down and you don't like neo-wow
    Im not mad at all son, its just the version of the game i prefer. Naturally your going to protest for something your disgruntled about, a bit like your lot and your bed sheets at SJP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Then you don't sub.

Most people that unsub don't do it because the price is too high. It wouldn't matter if the sub was only 5 bucks a month...they'd still unsub.
    That wasnt the question though was it bonny lad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    should they charge us less for less content? That is a different argument and one with some valid points behind it.
    That isn't even a discussion, you handle that yourself... When you run out of content to do you cancel your sub, boom, done, less money for less content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post

12.99= half a movie ticket

a movie ticket costs you over $25? Where the hell do you live where they jack the prices up that much? I can get two tickets for less than that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    No, the sub is alright. Its all the other stuff thats too expensive.

origin acess is EA's answer to playstation now and services like gamefly etc (incidentally gamefly used to do exactly what origin acess is doing now, but with much better selection and it was apparently not making them enough money, so they stopped and went back to console rentals only). and its not even remotely anything like WoW or other MMO subscriptions as it offers you subscription based acess to... single player games mostly, with multiplayer games being of the sort that don't have separate subscription (and their selection is still very shitty, which probably explains the lower then usual market price for similar programs). if you are the kind of player that plays the game once, somewhat quickly and never goes back once its finished? its worth it. but that' about it.

does Blizzard charge too much for subscription? that is up to you to decide. me, I'm paying with gold. but... it's basically a western market standard subscription price right now

I don't care about the price but they are currently providing too little. Even if sub price is cut in half, I still won't resub. They can keep the price but they have to deliver respectable amount of content.

That wasnt the question though was it bonny lad.
    It is the answer though, my dear fellow

The question was:

Is Blizzard charging too much for a subscription?

if people aren't dropping their subs because of the cost of a subscription...then no...Blizzard is not.

Deleted
    It worths it for the first 2-3 months of new content but not any longer. Over that duration you pay as much as for a whole new game, so paying over 6-7 months for the same content seems unreasonable and I usually just unsub then come back when we get a new big patch/expansion.

15+ Year Old Account

The question was:

if people aren't dropping their subs because of the cost of a subscription...then no...Blizzard is not.
    But isnt subs dropping dramatically as it isnt worth it anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    13 Euros a month isn't much.

Other people spend that on Beer or disgusting cigarettes.

$12-13 is nothing. If you can't afford it you have bigger problems than what computer game you should play. Get out there and get a job.

$15 bucks a month is less than 1% of my monthly pay.

I think it's fine.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really too much. It's the cheapest hobby I can have, other than staring out the window. Anything else costs that amount, it's about one meal of take away, or one movie ticket.. Not even a game or movie.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

The question was:

Many like myself dropped their subs because whether it is 15 bucks or 15 cents, it's too much to pay for a game that has been steadily and purposely turned to shit - in order to max profits with a slew of lies and propaganda put out by spin-meisters like Lore & Celestalon & Holinka, and their army of robotic fanboys.

IOW, it's not the cost per se, it's the principle.

But isnt subs dropping dramatically as it isnt worth it anymore?
    That is a problem with lack of content. If the game was $1/month and there was still nothing to do...people would still drop subs.