10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'd be content with Vanilla ideals returning.
    and when the game tanks as a result would we get an apology?

I mean honestly what does it take for those of you who aggressively hate the "state of the game" to just go away. Seriously just drop it and don't look back.

Lets say hypothetically that Blizzard caves and gives you what you want. Coming this fall LEGACY SERVERS. Then, after a while everything the opponents of the Legacy Servers said comes true, very little interest, novelty, majority don't even get to level cap... etc. You and your guildies, regardless of the state of this hypothetical legacy server, continue to play even through Naxx. Then what? Eventually that will get boring.

Blizzard wasted all this money, and all of their reservations turned out to be 100% correct. Legacy server are totally and completely dead and barren save the few die hard people who were determined to see it succeed. But in all senses of the word a total failure, waste of time, and resources.

Do we get an apology? Does Blizzard? Do you then finally bow out and go away? Or does the ceaseless bitchfest continue and you start a similar campaign to change Legion and beyond to "get back to roots"?

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    In that sense they all stole from Tolkien, and Tolkien also used previous ideas.
    Tolkein is basically who he is because he studied folk history, right? Just took a load of folk stories and tarted them up and boom, greatest fictional writer of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

without reading all the posts...

i always find it ironic that when players ask for a Van-WOW server to last patch before BC. blizz's response is along the lines, that they don't have like the original games, codes, etc to go back and set-up such a server. yet time and time again private servers prove that wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

I mean honestly what does it take for those of you who aggressively hate the "state of the game" to just go away. Seriously just drop it and don't look back.

Lets say hypothetically that Blizzard caves and gives you what you want. Coming this fall LEGACY SERVERS. Then, after a while everything the opponents of the Legacy Servers said comes true, very little interest, novelty, majority don't even get to level cap... etc. You and your guildies, regardless of the state of this hypothetical legacy server, continue to play even through Naxx. Then what? Eventually that will get boring.

Blizzard wasted all this money, and all of their reservations turned out to be 100% correct. Legacy server are totally and completely dead and barren save the few die hard people who were determined to see it succeed. But in all senses of the word a total failure, waste of time, and resources.

Do we get an apology? Does Blizzard? Do you then finally bow out and go away? Or does the ceaseless bitchfest continue and you start a similar campaign to change Legion and beyond to "get back to roots"?
    Why do people still play the original Starcraft? Why are people still playing Diablo 2? Why do I play Megaman X to this day? What moron would stream Ocarina of Time???
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    They did steal from Warhammer so...
    Haven't we discussed this "stealing" thing already?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post

i always find it ironic that when players ask for a Van-WOW server to last patch before BC. blizz's response is along the lines, that they don't have like the original games, codes, etc to go back and set-up such a server. yet time and time again private servers prove that wrong.
    I think you should read the posts..

You raided through Sunwell when it was current content and never talked to anybody when you were in a raiding guild that was clearing that content. You're obviously not being dishonest at all. The lies your side tell are absolutely staggering. Unlike beating myself against M'uru pre-nerf talking to you isn't going to change because your opinions are ingrained and you're never going to change your mind.
    We didn't finish sunwell because of drama over Warsong bg + druid + rocket boots + someother item that would let you basically cross the map in a couple seconds. Key member of the guild was banned for his creative use of mechanics and being most of my guild being made up of 10-15 RL friends they all quit. And we lost all progress.

Thought I wrote most, so good job. I mis-qualified my statement, making it technically not true. Shit happens.

To answer your question though... I do think this game is better when there are haves and have nots. If you can't hack it you don't deserve to see the content. One difficulty mode and that should be balls to the wall hard. Can't do it? That sucks get better or do some other content that you can.
    There base model mustang doesn't compare to your shelby cobra. LFR gear doesn't compare to Mythic...even when they "looked" very similar. LOL. There are still haves/have nots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There was no stealing. Stealing implies something used illegally.
    So playing on a private server is stealing, but ripping off an entire franchise is not?

Blizzdrone logic.

"It's ok when Blizzard does it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

Oh look, all this hypothetically vanilla would fail. Hypothetically they wouldn't be a success, it would be a total failure, it would be a ghost down in months.

Oh wait, blizzard seems to be completely content with running dozens of realms that have like 30-50 people on them at one time.

I don't understand why it's so hard to understand. We want to play vanilla WoW. No, I don't like WoD and i don't like where Legion is going. I understand that some people love legion and love WoD. But i don't. And i know many people feel the same like this.

So, what if blizzard doesn't make legacy servers.. Well, that's within their rights. If they want to make legacy servers, they would, if they don't, they wouldn't.

Unfortunately there is nothing but shitposting on MMO champ and making stupid petitions to convince blizzard to make such servers. As a consumer i have the right to request something. Blizzard as a company may or may not listen to that requst. Which is why i am here. To CONVINCE that there are many people who feel the same like me.

Hey, the runescape crowd convinced jagex to make oldschoo runescape with a petition(and it only got 49k). It's now more popular than the actual runescape.
    Why can't blizzard be like jagex?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Haven't we discussed this "stealing" thing already?
    I don't know who discussed what, but they did steal from Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    point taken mate, but you have to admit there is little to zero competition to take the title in the mmo genre.
    Oh no doubt they had perfect storm it all clicked for them. They had good game with famous lore at good time with little competition and they were really good at monetizing it...hell wow now makes more then in vanilla/tbc with less subs and thats pretty damn impressive after all those years. I agree things can be better but i hardly think any of them has any major regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post

People in here are asking for FAR more than that lol!

Classic progression server(a server that starts on day one and works towards the last patch of classic), classic server that's left off on 1.12, A server that is progression based(goes from classic to wrath and maybe cata. progressing with the same time frame Blizzard servers went), a TBC server, a Wrath server, and a cata server.... Not to mention that all these servers need a pvp and a pve server to accompany them.

This is just some of the servers they want.

Yeah, their demands aren't that crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Like I said, pretty sure it started off as a "deal" between the 2 companies, GW pulled out, and Blizz were left to salvage what they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

So playing on a private server is stealing, but ripping off an entire franchise is not?

Blizzdrone logic.

One violates the law, the other doesn't (when "ripping off" is used as a lie implying lawbreaking that didn't actually occur).

This isn't hard to understand, if your head is not wedged where the sun doesn't shine.

- - - Updated - - -

Contracts are a thing. You might want to learn about them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people still play the original Starcraft? Why are people still playing Diablo 2? Why do I play Megaman X to this day? What moron would stream Ocarina of Time???
    Different type of game entirely. Was WoW your first MMORPG?

Way to avoid the question though. It has been noted by myself and every other person reading. You really don't give a fuck what happens or how its done you just care about me me me me me.

Deleted

Blizzdrone logic.

Oh I'm sorry. Was the warchief on that private server blue orc called Thrill? No? So it was exactly WoW? So it's not the same as the Warcraft Warhammer similarities? What a surprise?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did not steal. They made their own world BASED on Warhammer. With your logic I quess every modern fantasy game/book/movie is stolen from J.R.R Tolkien and I bet Tolkien stole stuff too... *sigh*
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    We didn't finish sunwell because of drama over Warsong bg + druid + rocket boots + someother item that would let you basically cross the map in a couple seconds. Key member of the guild was banned for his creative use of mechanics and being most of my guild being made up of 10-15 RL friends they all quit. And we lost all progress.

Thought I wrote most, so good job. I mis-qualified my statement, making it technically not true. Shit happens.

There base model mustang doesn't compare to your shelby cobra. LFR gear doesn't compare to Mythic...even when they "looked" very similar. LOL. There are still haves/have nots.
    I simply believe that there should only be a single difficulty for raid content and it should be hard. Other content should be developed as well for other players who can't hack it or commit the time to it. The new Mythic Dungeon system seems a like a great system to build on. Crafting should be a path to progression to if gear is your motivation, but to me it's the content. I raided to see the most complex encounters, to kill the biggest bosses in the game, and to socialize with like-minded players. Then again I want ALL things in this game to be difficult, take lots of time, and grant a feeling of real achievement again.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

7+ Year Old Account
    thats why wow is dying

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    Oh look, all this hypothetically vanilla would fail. Hypothetically they wouldn't be a success, it would be a total failure, it would be a ghost down in months.

Oh wait, blizzard seems to be completely content with running dozens of realms that have like 30-50 people on them at one time.

I don't understand why it's so hard to understand. We want to play vanilla WoW. No, I don't like WoD and i don't like where Legion is going. I understand that some people love legion and love WoD. But i don't. And i know many people feel the same like this.

So, what if blizzard doesn't make legacy servers.. Well, that's within their rights. If they want to make legacy servers, they would, if they don't, they wouldn't.

Unfortunately there is nothing but shitposting on MMO champ and making stupid petitions to convince blizzard to make such servers. As a consumer i have the right to request something. Blizzard as a company may or may not listen to that requst. Which is why i am here. To CONVINCE that there are many people who feel the same like me.

Hey, the runescape crowd convinced jagex to make oldschoo runescape with a petition(and it only got 49k). It's now more popular than the actual runescape.
    Why can't blizzard be like jagex?
    Who actually plays Runescape... people who can't let go. Oh wait that sounds an awful lot like people... who want... Legacy Servers.

None of this answers the question though.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    Who am I insulting?
    Oh, I don't know. Calling everyone that likes the current version of WoW "kids and unskilled"?
    Never mind the fact that vanilla was rather easy and very basic compare to the current version of WoW, of course. It just took a silly amount of time to do anything.