Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Melee in general is dumb and specs like Enhancer or DH are broken. But thats tuning. I have a bigger problem with their complexity. I'll highlight that in a scene in my next video where a DH kills me 60-0 in a 4 second stun while spamming 1 button. Caster have always been harder to play (with the exception of s8 ele shaman) but legion puts this issue on a new level.
    I agree. Just the fact of juking vs not having to juke alone is a big step down in complexity going from ranged to melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'm at work, and unfortunately twitch is blocked here. I'm guessing it's how OP melee is (judging from responses), can anyone shed some light on it for me?
    Basically, it was Baj on his enhance facing Theed in a 3s game, Theed made the mistake of leaving the fetal position vs enhance and he died in abouut 0.01 seconds LOL. Melee damage is both super high in sustain and even higher in burst right now lol. Certain specs are just like....welllllll here we go.

Well DH is difficult to begin with. Seems to happen whenever blizzard introduces a new class. Remember DK's and the unstoppable force they were when they first came out? It'll be patched eventually.
    DK were completely another story, they could just roll their face all over keyboard and still own anything DH is a one-button spam machine...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

More news from the melee destroying casters! I sincerely hope blizzard nerf those pesky melee!

0:32s / 1:38 / 5:00 / 13:35

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    DK were completely another story, they could just roll their face all over keyboard and still own anything DH is a one-button spam machine...
    True, but both were OP. It'll get fixed.

True, but both were OP. It'll get fixed.
    Sure, I just hope it would happen before Legion goes live, not in next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    More news from the melee destroying casters! I sincerely hope blizzard nerf those pesky melee!

0:32s / 1:38 / 5:00 / 13:35

This is a huge point in giving shadow priest feed back right now. Against single players, our healing is SO strong. It feels like unless they can outright kill us in a single go, we just spring right back up and they need to restart. Our kit works so well. But, when you add multiple melee with damage stacking, you can feel the survivability drop in a major way to be almost useless (2s). The viability of shadow in situations without a dedicated support depends so much on eventual melee tuning. Because our survivability is based on hps and not % reduction, we are especially sensitive to tuning. The longer a game goes, the stronger shadow becomes.

Part of me is afraid that shadow is going to be just great in dampening comps

There is no denying that shadow becomes very good in longer games where rot and self sustain are a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, Ret/Shadow has some extreme potential mechanically for an amazing pairing in 3s. Good luck CC'ing the healer in that comp when you have to get through:

1) Ret can remove all CC on a target once every 25 seconds
    2) Shadow can mass dispel and shadow mend CC off (for now)

On top of that, you now have access to HoJ. This could be one of shadow's best partners. The synergy is incredible. If shadow had a constant snare, the synergy would be absolutely amazing. I guess you could get the snare from an Rdruid to complete the synergy.

Isn't mind flay technically our snare? Also if you're going against the same exact comp an Rdruid wouldn't really help since HoF is still there (I think).

Isn't mind flay technically our snare? Also if you're going against the same exact comp an Rdruid wouldn't really help since HoF is still there (I think).
    Well Rdruids can talent their roots to not break on damage anymore is where I was going with that. Although you'd have to give up cyclone.....prolly not worth. Either way ret + shadow is a comp to keep an eye on. Might be the most healer friendly comp of all time between the triple CC removal from dps, massive off heals, mana regen, and BoP.

Our snare is technically mind flay, but you won't be able to chain cast that nor would you want to to. Our snares are psyfiend and the void tendril from the artifact. That tendril casts a mind flay for 10 seconds that snares the whole duration. It's great but random.

Damn, fury healing is way op right now. Our selfhealing should be more in line with the fury one since we have to actually cast and fake cast a lot to benefit of Void Shield.

Would you guys be happy if instead of bringing back PH, they give us passive selfhealing like the old VE or a flat damage reduction like Shadow Form used to give, so we can face tank the melee better?

Last edited by Chantique; 2016-04-12 at 03:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd definitely be more comfortable with having face-tanking kit again - it would not only make us survivable - it would open up other comps to us once more. If we were tanky, we could run Rot comps again - Shadow/DK/X, Shadow/Lock/X, Shadow/Rogue/X, etc - where tunneling us isn't always the best choice.

The problem right now is that tunneling us is always the best choice, so the only comp we could run was the only comp able to control any team enough to prevent us being tunnelled to death (Shatreeplay).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-04-12 at 06:06 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Damn, fury healing is way op right now. Our selfhealing should be more in line with the fury one since we have to actually cast and fake cast a lot to benefit of Void Shield.
    How about nerfing absolutely ridiculous amounts of fury brainless selfhealing instead?

Would you guys be happy if instead of bringing back PH, they give us passive selfhealing like the old VE or a flat damage reduction like Shadow Form used to give, so we can face tank the melee better?
    Yeah, I always felt like removing passive DR from shadowform was absolutely idiotic move by Blizzard. In terms of overall survivability it is equal to removing both frost novas from mages, IMO....

I seriously doubt we will have any passive DR in Legion, though. You've heard Celestalon. We already have too much OP utility like Shackle Undead.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-04-12 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    Technically DK on release was the same with their 1 button macro, you litterally just spammed this button to pwn anyone in arena

How about nerfing absolutely ridiculous amounts of fury brainless selfhealing instead?
    Sorry i didn't mean that we should have the same healing as fury but we definitely need an up on our healing so we can survive burst phases. We still have the same problem of WoD, having to rely on control comps because we are always the good target to be focused.

If we were more tanky, through better self heals not tied so much to casting, or passive flat reduction again would open more comps to play.

Shadow is still the main target because we have too much problem to stay alive. People dont need to coordenate too much to take us down. Just open with everything they got and most of the times the shadow will go down. On the other hand, if the enemy team needs to coordenate cc to take us down because burst alone isn't enough anymore, its better even for competitive gameplay.

I'm not saying shadow is weak, im saying that we are still too easy to be shutdown.
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-04-12 at 12:08 PM.

To be fair right now healers are absolutely the easiest things to kill in arenas on alpha Soak it up while it lasts!

Sorry i didn't mean that we should have the same healing as fury but we definitely need an up on our healing so we can survive burst phases. We still have the same problem of WoD, having to rely on control comps because we are always the good target to be focused.

If we were more tanky, through better self heals not tied so much to casting, or passive flat reduction again would open more comps to play.

Shadow is still the main target because we have too much problem to stay alive. People dont need to coordenate too much to take us down. Just open with everything they got and most of the times the shadow will go down. On the other hand, if the enemy team needs to coordenate cc to take us down because burst alone isn't enough anymore, its better even for competitive gameplay.

I'm not saying shadow is weak, im saying that we are still too easy to be shutdown.
    Re-introducing the passive 10% damage reduction on Shadowform would be the best thing for us right now, with a slight nerf to our healing. We can heal fine, but often seem to be unable to get the chance due to dying within a couple of stuns (which all melee have).

I'm also +1 to the idea of PvP talents that allow us to replace team utility with personal defense. That way we can still be very useful to our team while being a decent focus target for the enemy, or choose to take a self-defensive passive/active talent if we know we're the focus (ie. 2's) and lose some team utility.

Don't think we'll see many big changes to talents at this stage though. Still, I'm happy with how shadow is looking now, given I'll prob be capping with a prot warrior who can bodyguard my ass in 2's...

I would commit felonies to get pvp talents that give up team support in exchange for personal defense. I would do hideous, unspeakable things.

There are so many ways to plug that gaping hole in our toolkit. My favorite is Owlkin Frenzy, even a nerfed version that only triggered from melee hits, even if it were only heals.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being attacked at melee has a 30% chance to cause your next Shadowmend to be instant cast and cost no mana. This effect can only occur once every 8 seconds.
    Felonies would happen to get this.

I'm still waiting for some spell animations on PW : Void and Mindblast.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Are there any more images of the recolours for the shadow artifact?

We easily got the least inspired artifact weapon, I'll be transmogging mine immediately I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post

We easily got the least inspired artifact weapon, I'll be transmogging mine immediately I think.
    Yeah I have a white set I like to run....I'm trying for the terrace heroic dagger off of the first boss to go with it. Certain models of this dagger aren't bad, but yeah in the grand scheme this model isn't the greatest imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post

Subtlety rogues got royally fucked on their artifact. I'd put ours only slightly above theirs. The offhand is the book written by the first Shadow Priest in existence. Wish that was more of the focus than the dagger. Not a fan of old god themed weapons in general. The worst part is being locked into that weapon category.