Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry, 8RPPM, not 6. Was reading the thread and misquoted wrong information earlier.
    The one element to Sidewinders is that the CD is also currently reduced by haste, along with the proc rate, so it has the potential to become quite strong with high haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Sorry, 8RPPM, not 6. Was reading the thread and misquoted wrong information earlier.
    The one element to Sidewinders is that the CD is also currently reduced by haste, along with the proc rate, so it has the potential to become quite strong with high haste.
    Wow really? that sounds amazing.
    Or are you talking about the proc CD and not the ability itself?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's PPM it's going to be pretty common at a 12second cd.

PPH = 12 * 8/60 = 160% Chance of proc
    PPH = 12 * 6/60 = 120% Chance of proc

Either way.. You will need a bit of haste to actually get full use of your procs.

30% haste = 9.2s CD
    65% haste = 7.27s CD

Which you would need 7.5s cd to get 8 casts off in 1 minute.

Guys, can someone with an alpha access suggest a minor glyph that make disangage jump forward instead of backward? That would be fantastic QoL improvement.
    Sorry for eng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalkerr228 View Post
    Guys, can someone with an alpha access suggest a minor glyph that make disangage jump forward instead of backward? That would be fantastic QoL improvement.
    Sorry for eng.
    At this point just getting the glyph of disengage baked into the base ability would be a wonderful surprise. The Legion alpha Disengage sucks pretty hard due to the short distance you travel.

Deleted
    Unfortunatly getting any dev/blue response to hunter issues is/are not possible due to the fact that none of the devs actually play a hunter. So we are kinda fucked again.

And how do you know if any devs play a hunter? Rofl. Stick to what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Unfortunatly getting any dev/blue response to hunter issues is/are not possible due to the fact that none of the devs actually play a hunter. So we are kinda fucked again.
    Is that demonstrably true or just a thing people say is true? (Genuinely don't know)

If it's true, that's just ... horrifying.

P.S. And a well-timed Azor return beats me to it lol.

Where's the proof Sidewinders is RPPM? Given that the only time Sidewinders doesn't proc for me is at the start of the pull, I'm extremely skeptical that I've managed to get lucky every pull for 6 testings in a row.

pretty sure there was a dev that was pretty talkative on reddit when the hunter legion preview first came out. idk where he went though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    pretty sure there was a dev that was pretty talkative on reddit when the hunter legion preview first came out. idk where he went though.
    Dont use reddit. But feel free to go to either EU or US hunter forum and i can guarentee that you wont find a SINGLE blue post in the last 3-5 years or more.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Andrew Chambers. He answered questions on reddit after it was announced SV is becoming a melee spec. According to his Twitter profile he's working on updating classes in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont use reddit. But feel free to go to either EU or US hunter forum and i can guarentee that you wont find a SINGLE blue post in the last 3-5 years or more.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19739974345#7

Maybe do some research ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    Where's the proof Sidewinders is RPPM? Given that the only time Sidewinders doesn't proc for me is at the start of the pull
    That's actually how you know it is RPPM.
    You can read the changes to RPPM in legion here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2444392?page=1
    And Hamlet's original post on RPPM from 2013 for anyone still confused about RPPM: http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/...advanced-rppm/

It's not Sidewinder's, Arcane Shot or Multi-Shot that are tied to the RPPM proc. It's an entirely different spell called Hunter's Mark, so when Sidewinder's replaces Arcane and Multi, it simply takes over the roll of activating that spell. Coincidentally, you can also read the proc rate on that spell if they tweak it between builds: http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=185987/hunters-mark

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Wow really? that sounds amazing.
    Or are you talking about the proc CD and not the ability itself?
    Sidewinder's has a base recharge (cooldown) of 12s. At 7% this is 11.2s. At 15%, 10.4s, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Andrew Chambers. He answered questions on reddit after it was announced SV is becoming a melee spec. According to his Twitter profile he's working on updating classes in WoW.
    also tweeted he might main shaman in legion LUL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19739974345#7

Maybe do some research ???
    Ok.. im sorry.. a TOOLTIP update thats "6 MONTHS AGO".. fine.... communication is working as intended... jesus your a tool

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    Where's the proof Sidewinders is RPPM? Given that the only time Sidewinders doesn't proc for me is at the start of the pull, I'm extremely skeptical that I've managed to get lucky every pull for 6 testings in a row.
    It's either RPPM or it's a flat chance (maybe something else but I can' imagine what).

If it's a flat chance, then it makes no sense for Sidewinders to almost never proc if you use it first (which I am experiencing too, it's really fucking annoying actually, kinda forces a Trueshot before Sidewinders even if that's super inefficient).

If it's a slightly bugged RPPM, then it could make sense for the chance of a proc to be significantly reduced just after you enter combat, while quickly ramping up to "normal" after a few seconds (you'll find that Sidewinders is very likely to proc if you just wait, or push in a Barrage or Crows before it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok.. im sorry.. a TOOLTIP update thats "6 MONTHS AGO".. fine.... communication is working as intended... jesus your a tool
    So he is the tool for pointing out your error of no blue posts in the Hunter forum since 2-5 years ago? Also, almost all the class forums have little blue feedback in them, the last blue post in the Mage (just to name a example) forum was in 2014.

Falling back on the old "devs don't play my class" is frankly a tired and absurd argument used by players of almost every class in the game.

Everyone is a tool, some are just sharper than others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    This can not be working as intended. It automatically makes that the only talent choice in the tier giving a 100% proc chance vs the standard ability having only a chance. If it is intended, then gg, but seems like a bug. That, or the fact it has only 2 charges with a 12 sec recharge implies it might be down for AoE moments when it would be helpful, or you are holding off on ST waiting to use it for adds to get grouped up, which might be more towards the intent.
    If it stays this way I can see a big nerf stick coming to some abilities overall, just seems pretty broken to have your ST also be your complete AoE/Cleave kit as well. Again, I haven't played Alpha so who knows, but it is obviously going to have the optimal talent choices and maybe Sidewinders will be it.
    I agree that it shouldn't be where it is. There are a couple of things I don't get about how the talents are laid out, they seem inconsistent. I made a suggestion a couple of weeks ago on the alpha feedback tool to re-align them by "topic". Sidewinders is not interesting enough to me to be a top tier talent in my opinion, and as Patient Sniper, they both feel mandatory rather than optional. On top of that, it shares mechanics (Focus generation) with Steady Focus, so they could place it together with it. Something similar happens with Trick Shot and Lock and Load, where they both affect Aimed Shot behaviour. Of course one can argue that it's done that way to search for interactions between the 2, but that makes it harder to balance and gives you less choice if you are going to end up pairing talents (ie. a combo may be mandatory if you pick one of them, or a combo may not work together).

Just a thought, what would you guys think of a talent structure like this:
    - T1: movement talents: current T4 talents; we could propose to change Farstrider to make Disengage jump forward instead of backwards.
    - T2: Aimed Shot modifiers: Explosive Shot (replaces Aimed Shot for current live version of Explosive Shot), Trick Shot, and L&L.
    - T3: Focus generators: Sidewinders, Steady Focus, and current live Steady Shot.
    - T4: Marked Shot modifiers: Patient Sniper is so powerful you ignore the others. May be worth considering making one of these more PvP oriented (decreasing healing on top of movement?), but the other 2 need to be viable in PvE. Maybe having a talent that takes Aimed Shot out out of the Marked Shot damage bonus and buffs it's damage, so that you have an option to have a rotation similar to the current live one?).
    - T5: CCers. Fine as is.
    - T6: DPS talents. Fine as is.
    - T7: Hunter Achetype. This is a longshot probably but it would be cool if you can decide the type of ranger you want to be. I would put here Wild Ranger (does reverse Lone Wolf, it gives you the pet back), Sniper (gives you the current Alpha Headshot ability), or Dark Ranger (and we can put something Sylvanna's themed back. Maybe adds a serpent sting effect to targets?).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming there isn't time for a total re-write.

If I was adjusting our current Beta Talent Tree:
    T15 - Lone Wolf would become Wild Ranger (Can Summons pet Pet does 50% more damage), Other two stay same
    T30 - Explosive Arrow changed to fire in straight line toward target but explodes on first enemy it hits. Leave rest of tier as is.
    T45 - Leave as is.
    T60 - Change Heightened Vulnerability to passive doing same thing.
    T75 - Keep same
    T90 - Up damage of A murder of crows. Change Volley Focus to 50.
    T100 - Sidewinders (reduce width of path, CD to 8 seconds, Focus Generation to 50), Lock and Load (Increase 10% to 20% Or change Charges to 3)

Change Marked Shot to (200% of weapon damage) Arcane Damage to vulnerable .
    Change Wind Arrows to (15% of Aimed Shot) Nature Damage.