10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    That is not the legacy server. That's the succesor to everquest. Hey, guess what, blizzard cancelled titan OMG BLIZZ IS DYING!!!1 Now this is not even a fallacy, just a factual mistake. Please go on.
    I didn't say it was a legacy server. But it speaks to the health of the company. Is that a result of legacy servers? Dunno. Interesting though.

Titan wasn't the successor to WoW... so...

They also announced Overwatch at the same time the announced Titan was scrapped.

This also speaks way more to MMOs as a genre dying anyway.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-04-12 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    No it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Strawman festival is in October.
    You said because he worked on Wildstar his opinion was invalid. That's like saying Metallica is garbage because they released Saint Anger.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    I didn't say it was a legacy server. But it speaks to the health of the company. Is that a result of legacy servers? Dunno. Interesting though.

They also announced Overwatch at the same time the announced Titan was scrapped.

This also speaks way more to MMOs as a genre dying anyway.

Well, i was talking about legacy servers in the first place.

So, MMOs are dying. So why not release legacy servers? If it's dying might as well give the old players something to enjoy?

What is the reason why MMOs are dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You said because he worked on Wildstar his opinion was invalid. That's like saying Metallica is garbage because they released Saint Anger.
    I think the "Strawman" was you talking about his supposed game he is working on.
    Pointing to the Dev's quote is an appeal to authority.

10+ Year Old Account

So, MMOs are dying. So why not release legacy servers? If it's dying might as well give the old players something to enjoy?
    Because they aren't a nonprofit charity. Walk the fuck away and play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    HBO also said they allowed it because it helped sell tons of merchandise.

Blizz on the other hand got pretty much nothing.
    they got a few months from me and some friends who felt like raiding after playing Nostalius. we can't be the only ones that resubbed. cancelled now after this chicken shit move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I think the "Strawman" was you talking about his supposed game he is working on.
    Pointing to the Dev's quote is an appeal to authority.
    I'm simply saying that he said my opinion had no merit because I wasn't working on any games(or something to that ilk maybe it was another one of his kind in this thread that started me on a tangent you are actually one of the voices that isn't bleating like a bloody sheep) and that his opinion was superior without any reason to his claim. So I simply said that the guy who worked on Wildstar had a good point and that he's actually worked in the industry and he laughed it off as "It's Wildstar, LOL". If anything I think he's being a dick acting like one failed game means somebody is an idiot.

I mean there's probably a reason people who "love current Warcraft" are posting in this thread religiously and bumping it instead of playing that awesome game. They are having more fun debating than playing it.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-04-12 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    Because they aren't a nonprofit charity. Walk the fuck away and play something else.

Well, i'd pay 15$ , even more for it. For legacy servers. And i know many people that would. And as you can see in this thread, lots of people seem to have that opinion too. And there's already evidence that legacy servers CAN be succesfull for MMORPGs.

I honestly have no idea how to convince you that there's enough of a demand for legacy servers. Got any ideas?

When there are no future expansions to WoW in development, and legacy servers will not have any negative effect on the live game, sure... Go for it... (Kinda like EQ did) Until then? Hell no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Calling everyone that likes the current version of WoW "kids and unskilled"?
    Never mind the fact that vanilla was rather easy and very basic compare to the current version of WoW, of course. It just took a silly amount of time to do anything.
    If you took offense to that then I'm sorry. But it's no secret that the game has become a playground for 6 year olds, who has their mothers call in about them being kicked from a group.

Because they're not MMORPG's anymore. MMO is a stupid term if you think about it anyway. It made sense in 2004 when there were barely any giant online games that had more than 1million people playing them.

At the heart of all of this, WoW is no longer a multiplayer role playing game. There are multiple people playing, but you don't need to play with others to actually get anything done.

RIP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    When there are no future expansions to WoW in development, and legacy servers will not have any negative effect on the live game, sure... Go for it... (Kinda like EQ did) Until then? Hell no.
    Guess ill just have to wait then

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to ask, why are you being so obtuse to the fact that some of us have looked. We have searched. We have dug through the garbage pile of MMOs that have been released in the last 6 years for anything that feels like Classic - Wrath.

I've played TERA, Rift, Wildstar (this one was close, but the action combat and horrid CS killed it), AoC, Warhammer, SWToR, and many others. NOTHING comes close to the community and feel of the first 6 years of WoW. Nothing....

This isn't rose colored glasses and an isolated thing either, obviously from the success of Nost.

There are tens of thousands of us, possibly up to a million with Nost's statistics alone. This doesn't include all the people who have home servers or the other dozens that are still online. (Since Blizzard only hits ones that start to ramp up any sort of success.)

We are not second class citizens, we know what we like, we are out there, we have money. If only Blizzard could realize that.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    I've got to ask, why are you being so obtuse to the fact that some of us have looked. We have searched. We have dug through the garbage pile of MMOs that have been released in the last 6 years for anything that feels like Classic - Wrath.

I've played TERA, Rift, Wildstar (this one was close, but the action combat and horrid CS killed it), AoC, Warhammer, SWToR, and many others. NOTHING comes close to the community and feel of the first 6 years of WoW. Nothing....

This isn't rose colored glasses and an isolated thing either, obviously from the success of Nost.

There are tens of thousands of us, possibly up to a million with Nost's statistics alone. This doesn't include all the people who have home servers or the other dozens that are still online. (Since Blizzard only hits ones that start to ramp up any sort of success.)

We are not second class citizens, we know what we like, we are out there, we have money. If only Blizzard could realize that.
    Activision is a helluva drug?

Wouldn't it be great if every region (US, EU) had two Legacy servers, one with the last patch of vanilla on it that would stay that way as long as Blizzard Entertainment exists, and one that is reset every year and runs an accelerated patch cycle of all the original patches over the course of one year (once the year ends every character is automatically migrated to the other Legacy server as the other one resets and starts all over again). The reason I believe this would be awesome is because I played on Nostalrius and I had such a great time leveling to level 60 and seeing the patches rolling out over there. Would I eventually get bored? Yes, sure, I would have quit WoW years ago if it had stayed vanilla forever and not evolved? Yes, certainly. Do I agree with every part of it's evolution? Far from it. But from time to time I will like to go back and play some vanilla for a few months, just as I from time to time re-subscribes to retail to play (whenever a new expansion hits for example).

Bottom line, if Blizzard had a Legacy server I would not have unsubscribed and gone to play Nostalrius when I did. Instead I would have simply quit playing on my main realm for the time being to go play on the EU Legacy realm for some months; thereby remaining in the loop and paying my monthly subscription for a few more months instead of unsubscribing while waiting for Legion as I did. I am absolutely certain there is money to be made here for Blizzard. It's unfortunate that Blizzard does not believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if every region (US, EU) had two Legacy servers, one with the last patch of vanilla on it that would stay that way as long as Blizzard Entertainment exists, and one that is reset every year and runs an accelerated patch cycle of all the original patches over the course of one year (once the year ends every character is automatically migrated to the other Legacy server as the other one resets and starts all over again). The reason I believe this would be awesome is because I played on Nostalrius and I had such a great time leveling to level 60 and seeing the patches rolling out over there. Would I eventually get bored? Yes, sure, I would have quit WoW years ago if it had stayed vanilla forever and not evolved? Yes, certainly. Do I agree with every part of it's evolution? Far from it. But from time to time I will like to go back and play some vanilla for a few months, just as I from time to time re-subscribes to retail to play (whenever a new expansion hits for example).

Bottom line, if Blizzard had a Legacy server I would not have unsubscribed and gone to play Nostalrius when I did. Instead I would have simply quit playing on my main realm for the time being to go play on the EU Legacy realm for some months; thereby remaining in the loop and paying my monthly subscription for a few more months instead of unsubscribing while waiting for Legion as I did. I am absolutely certain there is money to be made here for Blizzard. It's unfortunate that Blizzard does not believe that.
    I'd be so down for ladder seasons like Diablo. Progressive realm that resets every season Characters can't place on the ladder for the next season but they could still take part in the content. I think it'd be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post

Your not second class, nor does your existence mean blizzard has to cater to you. If blizzard doesn't want to implement and support legacy servers so be it. If they change their mind at some point, ok. Meanwhile they have every right to try and stop people from stealing from them.

I just don't buy it that there are a lot that would want it and pay for it. So I don't see it being worthwhile expenditure for them. I am not fundamentally against the idea, I don't believe the speculative claims being tossed around. It's a lot of work to take a product optimized for hardware they don't have to get it up and running and build the necessary support structures.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2016-04-12 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Warhammer abandoned the project.
    They didn't abandon the project. Blizzard just made a warhammer game, then tried to get a license, couldn't get it, and then just said "fuck it, let's release it anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    O.o Everquest JUST released a new expansion and are planning the next. People pay for the legacy TLPs because they enjoy how the game used to be before whatever changes were made by the company to make it what it is today. Daybreak embraced those people instead of shunning them. Blizzard can make its own decisions, obviously, but to me it sounds more like they have too much pride and refuse to admit and recognize that some people, not saying a majority, but some people believe the game really was better in the past. This isn't rose-tinted goggles since those players were literally playing vanilla before the server was shut down.

Not to mention the Everquest TLP servers have among the highest populations of all their servers. As well as the fact that you have to be an All Access Pass holder to access the TLP servers, which means you're paying a monthly sub to play on them.