Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    They did not steal. They made their own world BASED on Warhammer. With your logic I quess every modern fantasy game/book/movie is stolen from J.R.R Tolkien and I bet Tolkien stole stuff too... *sigh*
    lol
    wtf does that mean
    "own world based on warhammer"

that a new euphemism for ripping something off now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    These are the same people lamenting the flying decision. They scream when you take away any convenience in this overly convenient game. Blizzard has come out and said they hate flying and what it's done to the game. It doesn't stop these folks from kicking and screaming about it's removal. That's Blizzard the biggest company in the genre and they don't agree with every decision they've made OMG an opinion must be invalid if Blizzard doesn't agree with it. Unless of course it's your own pet reason.
    What I suggest you do is instead of challenging his credentials you challenge his points one by one instead.

Keep in mind that if Blizzard did create legacy servers, not only are they investing money, but they are investing months and potentially years of their lives working on old content as well. I have no doubt that some of them would love to do this, but it has to be worth it.

Fans are expecting far too much from a for-profit business. They will try to reflect demand but they aren't slaves to anyone. Blizzard could scrap WoW right now and still remain extremely profitable by investing their money elsewhere with less overheads. That's the nature of the industry at the moment until gamers have much more spending power.

If you go back in time even 50 years, many gamers are living in paradise compared to the way things were before, yet they keep expecting more. It really doesn't work like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    I honestly have no idea how to convince you that there's enough of a demand for legacy servers. Got any ideas?
    You can't. You don't have proof.

The only "data" you have is the 150k active players Nost supposedly had.

Which is only 7.5% of the last known subscribers of 2 million.

1.5% of the subs that have been lost.

Blizzard doesn't make games for thousands of people. Millions matter.

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't cocked up any sort of response yet. I've been seeing this topic everywhere this past week. Although they could just not say anything and wait for the flames to die out I suppose.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Your not second class, nor does your existence mean blizzard has to cater to you. If blizzard doesn't want to implement and support legacy servers so be it. If they change their mind at some point, ok. Till then they have every right to try and stop people from stealing from them.

I just don't buy it that there are a lot that would want it and pay for it. So I don't see it being worthwhile expenditure for them. I am not fundamentally against the idea, I just don't believe the speculative claims being tossed around. It's a lot of work to take a product optimized for hardware they don't have to get it up and running and build the necessary support structures.
    Ah, I see you're just against the stealing part and I completely agree that they shouldn't steal. It's basically the Big Lebowski meme about Walter though. "You're not wrong Blizzard, you're just an asshole". There would be no reason to shut them down(Vanilla servers) because they wouldn't exist with official legacy realms. Blizzard doesn't like having egg on their face and the primary reason they shut down Nost was not because of IP that just gave them the ability. It was because it was a super popular private realm running a version of the game that they think is not good. They keep repeating that people don't want it and they have been proven wrong time and again, but instead of just saying "Ok, here's a private realm" it's excuse after excuse and denial. This is the issue the Nost people have. I don't play private servers as I subscribe to retail, but I still understand that being told what I want because they know better is bullshit.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'll just comment on a few parts of this starting with 1. It in EVERY way beats the current way of things? Riiiiight because vanilla dungeons and raids were soooooo challenging. Just because you think 'standing in garrison" is all that happens with the 'facebook' games is pretty funny. You make mythic raiding sound like it is some simple event that everyone does.

You try to tear an argument to pieces by putting up one that is just as ridiculous as the one you are quoting. Good god there is no end to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah well said on that post that made no fucking sense and tried to paint Vanilla as THE BEST THING EVAH!
    I mean, numbers don't lie. More people were subbed to Vanilla than WoD. So, technically it was "THE BEST THING EVAH!" that AND considering 900,000 people had registered accounts on NOST.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    If you took offense to that then I'm sorry. But it's no secret that the game has become a playground for 6 year olds, who has their mothers call in about them being kicked from a group.
    The people that play WoW are about the same as they were back in Vanilla. Nothings changed.
    People complained about everything back then, just like they do today.

You might not remember that, if you actually played back in vanilla that is but WoW has always attracted a lot of whiny and overly entitled people.
    Thats not going to change with legacy servers. There will not suddenly be a super happy community that loves everyhting about the game.
    People will bitch and cry about EVERYTHING in the vanilla client just like they do on live servers and just like they did 10-11 years ago.

Round and round this thread goes, when it'll lock, nobody knows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    lol
    wtf does that mean
    "own world based on warhammer"

that a new euphemism for ripping something off now?
    Everything is a ripoff of something else in your mind? There are only so many ideas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I mean, numbers don't lie. More people were subbed to Vanilla than WoD. So, technically it was "THE BEST THING EVAH!" that AND considering 900,000 people had registered accounts on NOST.
    Sure if you don't take into account the four expansions between Vanilla and WoD that all had more subscribers than Vanilla. Like I said before just because Vanilla was better than WoD it doesn't mean that it was a particularly good game. An untreated kidney stone is better than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't cocked up any sort of response yet. I've been seeing this topic everywhere this past week. Although they could just not say anything and wait for the flames to die out I suppose.
    Why? They don't exactly have to if they don't want to factually. They shut down an illegal server, something they have been doing for ages.

700 Pages.
    You think you do but you don't.

Deleted
    The numbers just keep going up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    What I suggest you do is instead of challenging his credentials you challenge his points one by one instead.

Keep in mind that if Blizzard did create legacy servers, not only are they investing money, but they are investing months and potentially years of their lives working on old content as well. I have no doubt that some of them would love to do this, but it has to be worth it.

Fans are expecting far too much from a for-profit business. They will try to reflect demand but they aren't slaves to anyone. Blizzard could scrap WoW right now and still remain extremely profitable by investing their money elsewhere with less overheads. That's the nature of the industry at the moment until gamers have much more spending power.

If you go back in time even 50 years, many gamers are living in paradise compared to the way things were before, yet they keep expecting more. It really doesn't work like that.
    His "point" was that his opinion had more merit than mine without any reason behind it and that because somebody worked on a game that failed even if they didn't listen to him that person's opinion lacked any merit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Would be really cool to hear some sort of response given the level of attention this topic has gotten as of late. Even though any such response would probably, at least for anyone wishing for Legacy servers, ultimately be a disappointing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    800,000 confirmed, was near 900,000 when the server got shut down. https://en.nostalrius.org/

Deleted
    How were more people subbed to vanilla? Pretty sure the last graph showed only 1 mil close to the exit from vanilla, there's still 4 million people playing WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    It was actually 1 million registered I believe was what the team said I might be wrong, but only 150k active within the last month. 15k concurrent. I've seen videos where /who showed 13k online just on the Alliance side. I didn't play there, but I want that again. I bet the world was teeming with people everywhere and it was alive with world PVP. That must have been something until it got shut down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    His "point" was that his opinion had more merit than mine without any reason behind it and that because somebody worked on a game that failed even if they didn't listen to him that person's opinion lacked any merit as well.
    Did you ever make alts in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Would be really cool to hear some sort of response given the level of attention this topic has gotten as of late. Even though any such response would probably, at least for anyone wishing for Legacy servers, ultimately be a disappointing one.
    There is no reason for Blizz to give a response. Exactly what you said, it would lead to disappointment and people bashing blizzard for not release legacy content.