Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Sounds like a good idea, remove proving grounds they suck

I like that they're trying to keep dungeons relevant, but I also just hope they release new dungeons throughout the expansion. Challenge wasn't WoD's problem, it was just a straight up lack of content. The dungeons were great, but there were only eight, and they were all relatively short. They got old within the first few months. Mythic dungeons were a great addition, but numbers got beefed up and mechanics couldn't be ignored, that's it. I really like this keystone idea, but I just hope they don't go with the mindset that this is the equivalent to adding new dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I like that they're trying to keep dungeons relevant, but I also just hope they release new dungeons throughout the expansion. Challenge wasn't WoD's problem, it was just a straight up lack of content. The dungeons were great, but there were only eight, and they were all relatively short. They got old within the first few months. Mythic dungeons were a great addition, but numbers got beefed up and mechanics couldn't be ignored, that's it. I really like this keystone idea, but I just hope they don't go with the mindset that this is the equivalent to adding new dungeons.
    If they release any new dungeons I'll be surprised since we haven't had that since Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and this is why alpha should be f... closed and down to only f&f so all crying youtubers/streams who want to get 5 second fame on bashing blizzard for everything be gagged untill blizzard tells them ok this is ocmpleted show it to playerbase in beta.
    Problem is, we've heard this all before: "This is incomplete, the finished version will be MUCH different!" (coughShipyardscough) (Blue: Patch 6.1 has PLENTY of world content!)

Looking at Class Halls, they're Garrisons, with a different paint job. I'm not the only one who thinks that. And for them to write that long a post on unfinished content? I think we're right. And they know it. The film flam has begun.

Looking at Legion, I see nothing i want to spend my free time doing. Months of class revamping, when everyone will be running around in the same flavor of the week cookie cutter builds, artifacts as the new grind, and you'd better log in constantly to keep up, or you'll be cockblocked from pugs, and raids that the idea of sharing with the typical player these days in pugs or LFR puts my teeth on edge. Oh, and maybe a week of leveling. And the same old battlegrounds and *gag* Ashran.

Sorry Legion. I'm still passing. I can get the lore elsewhere, and if it's as bad as WOD, I'll be happier not paying for it. The only thing that caught my eye was the sheep staff, and I can see that here. But I'm sure all the suckers who sign up with a free month from seeing the movie will think it's all shiny and cool - until they try to play it seriously. But that's none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    good thing the hot fix doesn't apply to mages since we have no heals and there for can't solo MOP raids yet. You know till we can "avoid the damage" as blizzards says.
    Ice Block is about it lol

Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    I must admit, Blizzard were fucking machines in vanilla and TBC. The problem is they were releasing TOO MUCH content and people didn't get to see it all. Now they're not releasing enough and people are sick of it.
    It's too front loaded - it's all released at the beginning, and it's blazed through too fast. They need to spread it out, like Wrath, Cata and MoP - have 3 raid tiers, 8 months each, with 5 mans associated with them, like Ulduar, or the Throne Of Thunder, or Icecrown.

I honestly believe if they had added 3 5-mans to Hellfire Citadel, there would be less bitching. It's not an unreasonable idea, as it's something they pretty much did every expansion up to WoD.

Now, IF they have stuff like Ulduar or Icecrown or Throne Of Thunder and SoO planned, that there's no hint of yet, with raid, 5 man, and open world content attached to it, then great. I think that's the kind of expansion most people want - content for everyone.

If they went back to 5-man design like vanilla, even better - large content zones, like Blackrock mountain, with the questing leading into it, which sets up the raids, even better. LONG dungeons. Not short hallways you can clear first try. Dungeons you actually feel challenged going into, even with good gear. Not this one and done design they do now. I still think Spires was a horrible waste of an opportunity - going into WOD I wanted to explore more of the city in the spires, see what the life up there was like, their lore, but all we got was a short, uninteresting 5-man that was entirely forgettable. Highmaul was also a wasted opportunity for 5 mans and lore.

I just want to know what the decision making was, to go from a nearly feature complete expansion like MoP to a bare bones, half of an expansion like WOD was. Legion on paper looks a little better, but I have my doubts. (MoP had it's obvious problems, ToT should have lasted longer, and of course, the massive gap after SoO - even though that kept people busy for quite a while) What people want is pretty obvious - more non-raid content, spread out over the life of the expansion so it's not consumed in the first couple weeks of release. It's not rocket science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only problem I see, is people intentionally waiting out the timer to not advance, which might be a pain in the ass to wait out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    Yeah but the main problem with the content wasn't that it was not hard/challanging enough.

In my opinion the problem is that you haven't got any new dungeons. If I want to play the same content harder and harder I'd buy Diablo. But I don't want, so...
    Well that's a very dumb thing to say. Diablo and WoW are nothing alike even if they have the exact same difficulty setting. If Diablo were an MMO you'd have a point but it's not, so...

Honestly I think Blizzard is going to eventually say fuck it and just bring back the system they had from Wrath. Each time they try new stuff it fails or is shit on before even getting a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    What the fuck are you on about? Did you enter the wrong thread? There is nothing about your pirate servers on this post. Cry somewhere else.

Every new feature blizz adds gets hated by some people immediately because ''it's not vanilla'' Just quit wow if you literally hate everything that gets added.

First people complain that dungeons aren't lasting the entire expansion now they're going to last the entire expansion and i'm pretty sure there's going to be 11 dungeons at launch because on the alpha there's another dungeon. So more diverse and difficult dungeons than any expansion so far and people still complain, you just can't win with such ''customers''.

Personally I would be glad if EVERYONE who liked vanilla would stop playing wow. I think WOW has grown into something wonderfull It caters to many many playstyles and different menthality. You can basically play how you like and the devs try their best to make all kinds of ways "valid"

Calm down. I was replying to these. Personally I don't mind about how the game is but I have sympathy for those who feel that they don't like the game anymore since it has been changed for the "better".

10+ Year Old Account
    What if these modes are just the testing pit for a future Diablo MMO??

*TINFOIL HAT ENGAGED!*