10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I don't think Blizzard is an asshole either. Someone stole their shit, and was told to stop. Blizzard not wanting to produce a legacy version product of theirs doesn't make them assholes either.

Lotta speculation there...and likely biased. I say a more reasonable speculation is Nos got big enough to warrant paying the legal fees.

Some people do want it. Doesn't mean that enough want it to convince them to change their minds because blizzard clearly doesn't want to do it. And over the years they have been consistent with their No =P
    All they did was send a C&D letter, correct? Just threatened the lawsuit and Nost shut it down. Is Blizzard going through with the lawsuit? How much would it really cost them to C&D the other big PServers?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    We don't think we do, and we definitely don't.
    900,000 did have some interest in it. c:
    That's more than enough, MORE than enough to host legacy servers.
    I still don't know how it's hurting people that don't want them.. People that don't want them can stay on retail, people that do want them can play on them. Win/win. Satisfies BOTH parties.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    7 alts capped in vanilla... is that even possible? lol

I don't know anyone that had more than 2 or 3 capped. It took such an immense amount of time to level that I have yet to meet someone who actually had 7 max level toons. Unless you made them on private servers that made it not a living hell to level.
    I had 3 (pally, shaman, warrior) and could've had 4 if my hunter was horde instead of alliance. I didn't even play for about the last third of the xpac. So I do believe 7 max level characters back then was certainly doable.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Sigh...you are making false equivalences.

WoD could have earned 8 Million subs if released back in 05. And staying "Vanilla" WoW could have made the game extent by now.

You cannot point to sub numbers and go clearly vanilla was better than WoD because it had more subscribers.
    What happened after Cata release... Sub drops.
    What happened after Mop release... Sub drops.
    What happened after WoD release... Sub drops.

What happened after TBC release... Sub gains with consistent sub gains throughout the expac.
    What happened after WotLK release... Sub gains with consistent sub gains throughout the expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And now we are at 1 million. Stay tuned for next page when Nost's registered accounts might even reach 5 million with a 200k concurrent.
    it was going to be at a speculated 1 million around June.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I also stand by my statement that people played Nost because it was bug free not Vanilla. Private Servers are shit and no one codes them they just get emulated. It isn't a loyal fanbase for Vanilla, it isn't lazy BRs and Cyka Blyats. Its people who want free WoW without bugs. These people aren't gonna play Live if Nost goes down, these people are gonna bitch and moan about a Sub Fee they don't have to pay, except for once, anymore.
    You, and countless others seem to be completely oblivious as to why people played on Vanilla. A huge majority of the players don't play on Vanilla servers because they think it was the best, though some might, they play on it because Vanilla had a COMMUNITY. The way the game was set up at the time made it feel like an actual MMO. If you played on it, you would realize within hours that an actual community exists there. There are people helping each other out, socializing and grouping up. The server felt alive, and it wasn't just people trolling in trade or general chat while sitting inside their garrisons. The community is why people loved it so much, and that is why they will always stay away from the live version...because with all the QoL and changes over the years, Blizz has destroyed the MMO - community aspect of the game.

Deleted
    Everything is a ripoff of something else in your mind? There are only so many ideas.
    warcraft and starcraft were literally warhammer games, then they just slapped different names on there and called it a day

Quote Originally Posted by ckooken View Post
    You, and countless others seem to be completely oblivious as to why people played on Vanilla. A huge majority of the players don't play on Vanilla servers because they think it was the best, though some might, they play on it because Vanilla had a COMMUNITY. The way the game was set up at the time made it feel like an actual MMO. If you played on it, you would realize within hours that an actual community exists there. There are people helping each other out, socializing and grouping up. The server felt alive, and it wasn't just people trolling in trade or general chat while sitting inside their garrisons. The community is why people loved it so much, and that is why they will always stay away from the live version...because with all the QoL and changes over the years, Blizz has destroyed the MMO - community aspect of the game.
    Absolutely this.

And before people come on here saying "Yeah, shouting in general/trade chat for hours on end to get groups was fun"
    That is so fucking over exaggerated. it took me MAYBE 10-15 minutes (Average queue as DPS in WoD is what, 30+?) to find a group. AT ALL LEVELS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    900,000 did have some interest in it. c:
    That's more than enough, MORE than enough to host legacy servers.
    I still don't know how it's hurting people that don't want them.. People that don't want them can stay on retail, people that do want them can play on them. Win/win. Satisfies BOTH parties.
    While 99,1 million did not. Huh. That seems to be a bigger number.

Quote Originally Posted by ckooken View Post
    this this this this this

community on nost was great!

it was great that people had to be careful of what they said or did.. if you were a dick the whole server knew it and your ability to join groups dropped alot. not like when LFG came around.. you could be a dick all you want and it didnt matter. in vanilla it did matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    warcraft and starcraft were literally warhammer games, then they just slapped different names on there and called it a day
    Yes. That's how modern storytelling works. You can not find any piece of fiction from the last 2000 years that haven't been told before. And noone would care about Nost if they build up a whole new game with different names. Maybe switch EK and Kalimdor around and you're done. But that's not what happened.

While 99,1 million did not. Huh. That seems to be a bigger number.
    Considering Retail's current sub numbers... Which I'd speculate to be about 3 million.. almost 1 million were interested in a legacy server. That's pretty fucking huge, especially for the "Most subscribed game in history" almost HALF of the playerbase WoD has now wanted to play Vanilla, or at least had some interest in it. Cash Cow Activision couldn't have that, because retail is FAR SUPERIOR. So they shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    World of Warcraft is still available for purchase through Blizzard entertainment. Whether or not it has the features you want is irrelevant.

Saying it is no longer available is completely wrong.
    Well... Vanilla ain't available no more bud. Blizzard doesn't sell it. I wish they would, but they don't. (though they still get my sub money anyway) And until that changes, a private server is the only way to still get that same experience. Vanilla is not WoD. This is not just the difference of a few features, the two are almost almost completely different games at this point with a very different experience. If you can't appreciate the difference, well. Then there's nothing more to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I had 3 (pally, shaman, warrior) and could've had 4 if my hunter was horde instead of alliance. I didn't even play for about the last third of the xpac. So I do believe 7 max level characters back then was certainly doable.
    Since the average gameplay time to do 1-60 was roughly 720 hours... it really find it hard to believe unless the person was power grinding. Back then hitting max level in 1 month was almost unheard of.

Most people it took 4-5 months to hit max level per character. I think people really have forgotten how long the grind was. 50-60 usually took a few weeks on its own playing 4-5 hours a day.

Edit: The only way people were down in the 15 days playtime range is if they had experience (which most did not) and played a specific class like a hunter so they didn't have much downtime.
    Last edited by xhisors; 2016-04-12 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Considering Retail's current sub numbers... Which I'd speculate to be about 3 million.. almost 1 million were interested in a legacy server. That's pretty fucking huge...
    And we are back at the free part of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Well... Vanilla ain't available no more bud. Blizzard doesn't sell it. I wish they would, but they don't. (though they still get my sub money anyway) And until that changes, a private server is the only way to still get that same experience. Vanilla is not WoD. This is not just the difference of a few features, the two are almost almost completely different games at this point with a very different experience. If you can't appreciate the difference, well. Then there's nothing more to say.
    :c. I think one of the main reasons Activision shut Nost down was because they thought they'd get that sub gain back, but they totally didn't. They all went to another private server xD. And that's what will CONTINUE to happen, shut it down, move to another one c:. And with all of this HYPE and MEDIA ATTENTION that Nost got.. People who never knew Vanilla servers existed sure as hell do now.. All it takes is a simple "Wow vanilla server" And I'm sure as hell Kronos will pop up ;p

- - - Updated - - -

And we are back at the free part of the argument.
    Bye lol
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Aituul View Post
    The hardest tier of content needs to be designed for the absolute best of the best. Right now, i find it incredibly hard to say that mythic raiding is adequately challenging.
    I also dislike the removal of many mechanics like threat, and the lack of need for situational awareness.
    wtf did I just read.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Deleted
    Bye lol
    10char
    That's a good counter argument.

I can understand why Blizzard feels they need to do this, but in the end it just makes Blizzard look bad and a very greedy company.

Bottom line, Nostraius wasn't there to make money. They weren't there to steal current WoW customers. Their playerbase was old retired WoW players looking for and recapturing some nostalgia when the game was better.

I would even go so far as to say that they were actually doing WoW a service that Blizzard would not provide. It brought back some of the heart and rekindled some of the fire that is in all mmo gamers. And especially considering where WoW is now, and it's on it's last legs, something like Nostralius does nothing to hurt the WoW brand, but actually helped it as it moves to whereever it goes next.

What happened after WotLK release... Sub gains with consistent sub gains throughout the expac.
    That's a lie. They didn't gain subs consistently. They stayed flat with a small jump towards the end. Which isn't surprising with the Lich King being available and the new expansion being released(new expansions ALWAYS see a jump in subs).

Classic and TBC are what made WoW great. Wrath slowly started to kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    All they did was send a C&D letter, correct? Just threatened the lawsuit and Nost shut it down. Is Blizzard going through with the lawsuit? How much would it really cost them to C&D the other big PServers?
    I have no idea, but lawyers are expensive and while send C&D may be "cheap" if you need to back up the threat things probably get expensive I imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps