10+ Year Old Account
    Autogrouping for FATE is fine as long as there is an option to turn it off, as I usually prefer to be solo when I do FATE.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...furreals? Don't lie to me, I don't want my heart broken. Because if I can totally have a bikini-clad catgirl fighting alongside me I WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING THIS GAME.
    Between glamour and retainer fantasias the possibilities are endless...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Between glamour and retainer fantasias the possibilities are endless...
    It will be like my crew of green ladies in bikini's in STO. Glorious fanservice.

Wait...furreals? Don't lie to me, I don't want my heart broken. Because if I can totally have a bikini-clad catgirl fighting alongside me I WILL NEVER STOP PLAYING THIS GAME.

Also, yay for gambit systems!
    Yoshida is also still considering removing the class/job restrictions on existing dungeons to allow people to go in solo, or perhaps with a team of NPCs. The NPC system being considered, for example, is to be able to take members of your Grand Company and raise a team or squad that could fight with you. Unfortunately, this new system would not, however, include your Chocobo Companion. They are considering a gambit-system for the Chocobo Companion (and Magitek). This system is pretty definite, but includes a few aspects, and is perhaps a year or so away from release.
    -2015 PAX East article
    http://gamerescape.com/2015/03/09/pa...naoki-yoshida/

Taking an NPC in with a gambit type system was also talked about (stream of conscious, off the top of Yoshida's head) at 2014 Fan Faire, so it's something they've kept talking about for a while. I think people would love to see retainers over new NPCs. People love their retainer pals (I know I do).

For it to evolve to being retainers is, I believe, something that's been debated on the forums and I think has been mentioned in Live Letters at some point as something they've heard/discussed. Obviously everything is just discussion until announced, but hold onto hope and don't stop believing.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-04-12 at 07:34 PM.

If I can have my magitek armor firing everywhere, I'd always have one out.

Now, all they have to do is make the XP not so stupidly high. I just don't get the point of needing to grind out so much for chocobo levels.

Also, yay for gambit systems!
    Now they just need to bring those 7/11 gothloli maid and butler outfits across and the weeb dream is complete.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I wouldn't, however, be too shocked if the retainers become some form of companion. Yoshida hinted at them evaluating the gambit system from XII for some use in XIV.
    I would settle for retainers actually hanging out in the open world while they are out on missions.

I suppose that could result in the world being a tad crowded ... then again Black Desert does that and their servers haven't melted.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

On the subject of retainers:

Is the only way to "customize" one (change appearance, race, etc.) require you to empty their inventory then delete/fire them and hire/create a new one?

If that's the case, it might be 2019 by the time I clear out the inventory on each of mine. One's full of gear for leveling alt jobs (plus glamour items), the other full of crafting mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    On the subject of retainers:

Is the only way to "customize" one (change appearance, race, etc.) require you to empty their inventory then delete/fire them and hire/create a new one?

If that's the case, it might be 2019 by the time I clear out the inventory on each of mine. One's full of gear for leveling alt jobs (plus glamour items), the other full of crafting mats.
    There is a retainer fantasia you can get from their missions or buy off the market

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Now they just need to bring those 7/11 gothloli maid and butler outfits across and the weeb dream is complete.
    Casters dressed as maids and fighters dressed like this.

Yeeeesssss...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    There is a retainer fantasia you can get from their missions or buy off the market
    Yep. Tend to only cost 7-10k on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Ah, neat! My brief foray into the topic on Google only showed the idea I mentioned about deleting and recreating them.

Does retainer fantasia allow you to change the personality too?

I've regretted allowing mine to get cheeky with me. I've pushed her down the stairs 4 or 5 times now and it doesn't seem to help.

Alright, that was a horrible joke, I'm sorry. The question stands as legitimate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Does retainer fantasia allow you to change the personality too?

I've regretted allowing mine to get cheeky with me. I've pushed her down the stairs 4 or 5 times now and it doesn't seem to help.

Alright, that was a horrible joke, I'm sorry. The question stands as legitimate though.
    It lets you change their race, sex, personality and name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun experience of the day: I wondered as to why I couldn't join the Novice Network, checked reddit and found out it's a new command you have to type in. So, I did so, saw a bit of the discussion, and then I found about a newcomer, although already a level 51 Bard who wanted to start crafting, already having 15 CUL & 12 BSM and somewhat started on ARM. I told the person about how levequests are an efficient way to level (although that's mostly true after 25, not before).

So, I told the person which levequest to do, as I would craft a few HQ pieces for some quick levels. The person looked genuinely thankful for showing how the system worked, as I mention (or might as well say I screamed) in the NN & to the person that "you should never allow the allowences to stack to 100, if you are going to level crafting/gathering classes" as you are indeed wasting 3 levequests every 12th hour for not having done them.

Was fun trying to teach something to someone else, where I used weeks and months to know how to do it efficiently.

I've been in a que to do one last Syrcus Tower to get my hyperconductive Relic for almost 4 hours.

This is suffering.

I've been in a que to do one last Syrcus Tower to get my hyperconductive Relic for almost 4 hours.

This is suffering.
    You guys have some terrible luck with your duty finders. I just waited 10 minutes on my NIN... =/

15+ Year Old Account

This is suffering.
    Do you have all languages enabled, and are you trying to find a group in progress?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Do you have all languages enabled, and are you trying to find a group in progress?
    Nono, you never activate the F! The F is evil!

D, E and J are fine though.

This is suffering.
    Are those obtainable from CT (the aether oils) without being on the actual quest? I know I can buy them already with eso tomes (but i'm still having to buy the ore and whatever the other item was).

If they're only obtainable after completing the ass reaming item farming quest, then maybe in the coming weeks more people (like yours truly who's forever behind) will have caught up and be queueing up for it.

Yeah you get the oils from the weekly CT quest regardless if you are or aren't on the relic quest.