Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    I mean first, what the fuck does that even mean "that haven't been told before". Like as a whole? Are you saying that Romeo and Juliet is a word for word copy from something that is older than 2000 years ago? Or do you think just because it's a love story, and love stories have been told before, that's enough to say Romeo and Juliet was ripped off?
    Are you saying that Warcraft is a word for word copy of Warhammer? Or do you think just because it has orcs and humans it"s enough to say Warcraft was a ripoff?

I mean, the stupidity in that statement is just astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    On Nost, I leveled a Dwarf Priest from 1-60. I had 0 problems o_O.
    Get a wand at level 5 and you're golden c:
    Shield>Pain>Mind Blast>Wand to death.
    Not talking private. Since private has been adjusted to not be a living hell.

You couldn't pull more than 2 mobs or you would die, and you would be out of mana almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    And every MMO is a 3D version of Dungeons and Dragons, except the computer rolls the dice for you.
    They all use bloody zeros and ones. Such copy, all they do is put them in a different order :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I absolutely did this TONS. Whenever I'd look for a group and get a tank, I IMMEDIATELY added them to my friends list. They were always on, just like me (Vanilla addiction too stronk) so when I wanted to run a dungeon I'd just whisper them! "Hey! Yeah your heals are good, let's do it" perfecttttionnnn C:
    Same lol. Had a few beast tanks on my list in BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Yep. There isn't one single original idea in any Blizzard game.
    Ideas are not protected under copyright law, only expression of ideas.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    They tried. It's called Wildstar....we all know how that went.
    Let us be fair again. They screwed the pooch with systems and when people say they wanted Vanilla WoW they didn't mean all the bugs and more. The limited action set also sucked all the balls.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Are you saying that Warcraft is a word for word copy of Warhammer? Or do you think just because it has orcs and humans it"s enough to say Warcraft was a ripoff?

I mean, the stupidity in that statement is just astonishing.
    It can't be word for word, cause it was a game and not a book or a play. Jesus

It was literally a warhammer game. But keep ignoring facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Weeel, maybe. But I think those concepts are just the filler for the basic idea of the story. And even those could be substituted with some mythical thing. And that's what I'm talking about.

Just because both stories have Orcs vs. Humans they are notthe same. even if WC started as a Warhammer game.
    I agree, I was just intrigued by the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Yeah probably. I just have no idea what makes them go after anyone. Was it they finally got noticed, finally got big enough to care about or finally the legal team got to it after higher priority items. Or hell did one Blizzard's staff members get banned by Nos. LOL that would be funny.
    It seemed to coincide with them asking for donations (meaning someone, maybe not them, was making money)

or

All the social media hits they were getting.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Since the average gameplay time to do 1-60 was roughly 720 hours... it really find it hard to believe unless the person was power grinding. Back then hitting max level in 1 month was almost unheard of.

Most people it took 4-5 months to hit max level per character. I think people really have forgotten how long the grind was. 50-60 usually took a few weeks on its own playing 4-5 hours a day.

Edit: The only way people were down in the 15 days playtime range is if they had experience (which most did not) and played a specific class like a hunter so they didn't have much downtime.
    Wat. Hunters could do it in about 4 days /played. Most other classes between 5 and 6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ideas are not protected under copyright law, only expression of ideas.
    Sorry but that isn't true. Blizzard is suing tons of game developers that take "ideas" from them.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    You couldn't pull more than 2 mobs or you would die, and you would be out of mana almost instantly.
    As an example of what I was talking about above: Yes, this is true of the Nost. It's just most people knwo to do things like "grab conjured drinks" and efficient "mana use/kill time/down time" ratios and stuff like that. So they lower the risks of dying. But god people died left right and centre levelling up from accidental pulls or mobs respawning on top of them they didnt' realise were gonna appear and stuff.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I vividly remember not having to wait more than 15 minutes to find a group. Those are the PERKS of being a healer/tank. Just like in retail
    Exactly. It's always a healer or tank who spouts off that spending hours to find groups didn't happen. It DID. That's why LFG was invented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That isn't "stealing". Stop devaluing that concept by applying it to perfectly legitimate activities.
    Right. It's only stealing when you play Vanilla. Then you are literally a thief.

Blizzdrone logic.

When Blizzard does it it's ok.

Deleted
    It can't be word for word, cause it was a game and not a book or a play. Jesus

So a game can't have a story written for it? Does that story have no words? And for that matter the code has words as well, so it could be a word for word copy of something. Isn't that what you think? Since Blizzard ripped off Warhammer. It must bea word for word copy. Hesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    They tried. It's called Wildstar....we all know how that went.
    Maybe you could call it a bad TBC clone, but that was not a vanilla clone by any stretch of the imagination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Since when has inspiration been stealing? Like I said with that logic pretty much every modern fantasy game is stolen from J.R.R Tolkiens work.
    "Inspiration" is just a euphemism for ripping off.

Just because you keep repeating falsehoods doesn't make them any more true.

The company that owns the Warhammer IP is famous for their willingness to sue. If Blizzard had infringed their IP they would have been stopped. But they weren't, because Blizzard's games do not infringe.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Exactly. It's always a healer or tank who spouts off that spending hours to find groups didn't happen. It DID. That's why LFG was invented.
    Oh I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm just saying it didn't happen to popular people

Right. It's only stealing when you play Vanilla. Then you are literally a thief.

Blizzdrone logic.

When Blizzard does it it's ok.
    It's not stealing then, either. Please, stop beclowning yourself, it's getting pitiful.