Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's silly low in my book. Some people I know spend more on each bottle of hair conditioner they buy than I do on 2 subs each month. I'm not being milked, I'm an adult choosing to stay subbed to a service I enjoy.

Simple.

$15 doesn't seem like much. If you play on NA it's 40k for Token. As bad as the garrisons are as a whole for some people you can totally spend a day min maxing followers/ships on 2-3 toons and make enough in a week to pay for tokens for the next year.

2014 - 900M Rev
    2015 - 814M in Rev

As long as they keep getting these numbers they don't have a reason to lower the numbers unless they want to be...nice? lol. They are charging the same amount. And returning players seem to happily pay for it at the start of an expansion and if they don't like it they stop.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Deleted
    Nope its a fair price, good value in fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Hey guys, look, an englishman not able to shell out $15 per month!
    Hahaa I feel like resubbing now to prove I'm not broke

I'm sure you sob's work for blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Playing the victim after directly insulting other people...stay classy
    Oh stop being so precious ffs. I've been on here for years and I've came across the 2 biggest fannies ever in 1 day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Hahaa I feel like resubbing now to prove I'm not broke
    Hard times, eh, Sir Pinchpenny?

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Actually, WoW is one of the most expensive MMORPGs around.

You just dont need to buy the game and the expacs, you also have to pay a monthly sub and they have microstransactions. The whole portefeuille of money making where other MMORPGs just would stick to one of them.
    The xpacks aren't £50 a go, like console games, I really don't have a problem with it, I've had thousands of hours of enjoyment most likely by now, £20-30 per expack and £8.99 a month really isn't that much for that I don't think. I spend atleast 20x more than that on steam - with less playtime. The store is completely optional too, which also doesn't bother me. It could be worse, it could be SWtOR - "BUY ME" popups in your face when you try to do anything lol.

It is the most expensive, because it can be. Nothing is as good, frankly. ofcourse they charge more. MMO's go F2P because they cannot sustain themselves because not enough people are willing to pay a sub. Most new releases are just F2P at launch nowadays, its a market that is dominated by 2 games (WoW and FF) there is almost no room left for anything else.

Back to the point;

I feel like EA cashcowed me more with SWtOR that blizz do with WoW. Even though WoW costs more. Everything IS purely optional, you can play that game without spending a penny - but my god why would you want too, they make it as painful as possible and flash £ signs in your face all day.

for a couple hours work per week you can actually play wow for free also now, its really not hard to make the gold for a token.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-04-12 at 09:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Hard times, eh, Sir Pinchpenny?
    Only as hard as one makes them my lady.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    The xpacks aren't £50 a go, like console games, I really don't have a problem with it, I've had thousands of hours of enjoyment most likely by now, £20-30 per expack and £8.99 a month really isn't that much for that I don't think. I spend atleast 20x more than that on steam - with less playtime. The store is completely optional too, which also doesn't bother me. It could be worse, it could be SWtOR - "BUY ME" popups in your face when you try to do anything lol.
    Well, i played Civ V for 1900 hours. And did not pay more than the initial cost. Thats actually a cheap game with a replayability as high as a MMORPG.

An expac all 2 years for 60$ is 30$ a year. Add 13*12$ to it per year which is 186$ a year. Buy one or two mounts a year for 20$ each, which is an additioal 40$, and we are at 236$ a year.

I payed the same for the complete CiV Series up to now and had more fun with it for 25 years already.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-12 at 10:13 PM. Reason: oh my head.. oh my math. calculators cometh..

Considering the value of money is decreasing but WoW sub stays the same, I see no problem. I'm paying 'less' than what I was 10 years ago.

I never thought that the sub price was high. When I unsubbed I did because I felt like I didn't get enough entertainment for my money (aka content).

Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    So, while i was searching which game i should get next, i came across a thing called Origin Access; Long story short, it offers couple AAA games for 4$/month, which got me thinking, is Blizzard charging too much on a monthly basis for a single game?
    From a business perspective? Yes. People pay

From an individual perspective? It's up to the player to make the $15 worth it. If you're not playing enough to warrant it, don't play it. You're given a month of potential play time when you could easily pay $60 for a one time purchase game and finish within a relatively insignificant amount of time (20-50 hours). Obviously that standard does not hold for every game (rpgs, arena based multiplayer games), and games that cost nothing now still offer a lot of game time(old rpgs), but the point is that you're given a month and it's up to you to decide if you'll play during that month. One time purchases often don't hold that much potential play time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    So, while i was searching which game i should get next, i came across a thing called Origin Access; Long story short, it offers couple AAA games for 4$/month, which got me thinking, is Blizzard charging too much on a monthly basis for a single game?
    Not in my opinion. Since Siege of Orgrimmar September 2013 loyal players have been paying for 31 months: roughly £310/$442 for what? To keep the servers open and for content patches 6.1(which is debatable if it counts) and 6.2.....

Depends on your method of comparison. As a computer games, maybe no. But considering the subs was only raised once and comparing to other form of entertainments, it is low for a monthly worth of gaming.

You are arguing over a 35c a day difference (less if you buy 3 or 6 month at a time)? wow.

Nah, It should stay a 15/month sub game

I mean, imagine if WoW went f2p...it would be SO p2w, Blizzard is the only company that could probably make a more AAA pay to win mmo than swtor
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. $15 is a reasonable amount considering it hasn't gone up at all for U.S. players over the years while the prices of most other goods have. Nowadays with game time being offered for gold, a lot of people essentially play this game for "free".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    It was in reply to his "non existent kids" but ignore him
    You got butthurt over a comment that had nothing to do with your own kids.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Well... Technically they offer you the option of being f2p, if you pay with gold or cash money is up to you. I prefer to pay with cash money and I don't have a problem with the price, way cheaper than most other hobbies and on top of that they offer very good customer support should you need it. Sure I guess the content have declined but in all honesty I've paid that 13€ a month since 2004 and I can't say I've ever missed it regardless of what content has been offered.
    Last edited by mmoc2947244a93; 2016-04-13 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    It is not that much money, compared to what you pay for house holding goods every month.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You got butthurt over a comment that had nothing to do with your own kids.
    Are you calling me a homosexual now?