Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How much more can they really do at this point?

I mean, the content is there to be tested as is, otherwise it wouldn't be there.

It's not like what we see now is going to be completely different from when the beta comes out, or when the expansion goes live.

Alpha/Beta testing is testing the intention of the content being designed. It's not, "this is one way we plan to do things, but we have a bunch of other options we plan to roll out". It's, "this is what we're really aiming for, but we're open to feedback about it."

"Feedback" is not going to cause any major reworking of features that are already rolled out and being tested on the alpha. That's what they should have been doing when they were at the drawing board for Legion. What you see now is pretty much the basis for what you're going to get.

If the alpha testers feel that the Order Halls missions are too similar to Garrisons, then I would imagine that they're intended to be that way. Otherwise, the initial first-draft version would have been anything but that.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2016-04-12 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    How much more can they really do at this point?

I mean, the content is there to be tested as is, otherwise it wouldn't be there.

It's not like what we see now is going to be completely different from when the beta comes out, or when the expansion goes live.

Alpha/Beta testing is testing the intention of the content being designed. It's not, "this is one way we plan to do things, but we have a bunch of other options we plan to roll out". It's, "this is what we're really aiming for, but we're open to feedback about it."

"Feedback" is not going to cause any major reworking of features that are already rolled out and being tested on the alpha. That's what they should have been doing when they were at the drawing board for Legion. What you see now is pretty much the basis for what you're going to get.
    Yet, the system isn't just like what was wrongly presented by the streamers. That's the issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm cautious about this. Lots of good intentions, but will they deliver? We'll see. Personally, day-long missions are a big no-no. Honestly, I think the principle of sending someone else to do your job is bad - I'd much rather use it as a way to decide what I want to strike that day with my followers.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yet, the system isn't just like what was wrongly presented by the streamers. That's the issue here.
    The streamers walk you though the quests step by step how the fuck is that 'wrongly' presenting the feature?

10+ Year Old Account
    world of warcraft is the best game ever gimme that blizz dong to lick

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-13 at 03:32 PM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I doubt they are aimed to work differently to each individual class though.

They let the impression that we were looking at a unfinished version and that we had to wait and not judge it until then.

Now they are assuring us that it's still going to be alright and giving us further updates.

Just seems very PR'y.
    That's good feedback, and definitely the sort of thing we may adjust. Let me try to explain the intent here: The core of the class Order campaigns is epic quest content that is custom to your class. If you're a Death Knight, you might be working to raise a new set of Four Horsemen who are powerful enough to stand against the Legion; as a Mage, you may be investigating a plot that threatens to undo Dalaran from within; and so forth. That's what the Order campaigns are. We start you on these chains during the level-up experience, but they're intended to be a story that unfolds over time, complementing the game's level-up and endgame progression.

In Warlords, when we had the Garrison campaign quests, we presented a new one each week, but there was no real indication where the next step would come from, or how long you would have to wait in order to continue. This time around, we want to avoid having gaps where there's no quest in your log. Having occasional steps where we ask you to run a few missions with long completion times seemed like a more elegant way to do that, allowing us to weave in a bit of storytelling, as opposed to just "hey, come back next week for the next step."
    I'll take this over no response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    The streamers walk you though the quests step by step how the fuck is that 'wrongly' presenting the feature?
    When you aren't factual, it's bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    The dude is a giant manchild ranting about factually incorrect information.

The dude is Buzzfeed or Keemstar of the WoW community. Nothing but toxic.

The Bill O'Reilly of World of Warcraft YouTubers.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Right! Like he didnt already know about the content being in Alpha since he has had access to alpha(to include been making alpha video content) since Day1 to include BellularGaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Their opinions don't add the context of the rest of the expansion's content. Since it's not available for testing yet.
    Mainly their opinions reflect WoD endgame, which was that there was very little to do. Heck, Belluar's video reflected back on the WoD table for a rile-up effect. It worked.
    We can't review the legion table relative to endgame because it's not available for comparison.

Damn, Aunt Irma. All over, again!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The dude is a giant manchild ranting about factually incorrect information.

The dude is Buzzfeed or Keemstar of the WoW community. Nothing but toxic.
    Agree.

To me the main point is that hopefully they hear the playerbase. Ion didn't have to respond at all, so I like the fact that he did. Whether what he said turns out to be true or not, we will see as they develop the feature more - but if what he said is true it may not be terrible.

+1 for missions being essentially optional, with the relic unlock being amenable only to "Order Hall Resources" that come from doing other content.

Also, please come up with something better than "Order Hall Resources" - seriously. Make the mages collect mana crystals, the priests collect prayers from the locals, the warriors collect bone shards - anything would be more creative than "resources."
    Last edited by Unir; 2016-04-13 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I'm cautious about this. Lots of good intentions, but will they deliver? We'll see. Personally, day-long missions are a big no-no. Honestly, I think the principle of sending someone else to do your job is bad - I'd much rather use it as a way to decide what I want to strike that day with my followers.
    I hear ya on the 24hr length, but it's not holding you back from leveling, dungeons, other quest progression or professions.
    I didn't watch all of Az's video because his characterizations aren't palatable for me. Belluar's video (unless there's a different one) didn't show that you can drag your champs into a slot that gives you either an ability button, buff or bodyguard.

Deleted
    That's the reaction of someone that was proven wrong and decided to keeping raging about something that he is factually wrong. WoW community doesn't need a raging guy representing it.

Deleted
    Yes, I like him because he's not afraid to speak his mind and takes a lot of unnecessary flack for it. Unfortunately most of the remaining WoW fanbase just cannot stand an opinion.

When you aren't factual, it's bound to happen.
    How can you be more factual than walking through the quests as they are now?

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    Their opinions don't add the context of the rest of the expansion's content.
    They're reviewing that feature, do they have to preface every video with a list of all the other content to satisfy your need for impartial reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    We can't review the legion table relative to endgame because it's not available for comparison.
    So you don't comment because its not complete? Sounds like constructive Alpha testing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkr View Post
    Yes, I like him because he's not afraid to speak his mind and takes a lot of unnecessary flack for it. Unfortunately most of the remaining WoW fanbase just cannot stand an opinion.
    When somebody is screaming factually incorrect information, despite being called out as being a toxic liar, they should be shown to be the manchild they are acting like.

That's the reaction of someone that was proven wrong and decided to keeping raging about something that he is factually wrong. WoW community doesn't need a raging guy representing it.
    Pretty sure that's all the WoW community is.

Just one side thinks they're "in control" when they're not, simply another side of the coin.

But that's passionate players. If people weren't raging, arguing, etc... you'd have a bunch of dunces shuffling about.