Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    You will always get those types. They are effectively digital entropy when it comes to online games. Blizzards mistake was catering to then. Somewhere along the line it became unacceptable to just enjoy fighting world mobs that posed a threat. From their elites got removed from the world. After that normal dungeons where no longer acceptable they demanded they be renamed into heroics so they didn't feel left out. Then came raiding itself.

You can't use appeasement for those kind of people. They won't stop till the last boss is kill able in three aa attacks or their pet and bis gear is mailed to them. The really sick then is even when they get what they ask for they just go "no content unsub". I have no idea what compelled blizzard to chase after people who don't enjoy mmos but god damn did it back fire.
    It's gotten to a point where i almost forget what it means to actually have to use my brain to play this game. Honestly right now im playing for the lore. I really hope Legion brings something back. I like what im reading about mythic/mythic+ 5mans. Although ill always support LFR, i DO think it's time that the devs develop more of a sink or swim mindset when it comes to difficulty. We didnt get our hands held in vanilla/tbc, and we've had 4 expansions for the new players to "git gud". I see nothing wrong with turning the knob up on em.

Not without massive overhauls to the game itself and an entirely new, competent development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Not without massive overhauls to the game itself and an entirely new, competent development team.
    So the community holds no responsibility for it's own behavior?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    It's gotten to a point where i almost forget what it means to actually have to use my brain to play this game. Honestly right now im playing for the lore. I really hope Legion brings something back. I like what im reading about mythic/mythic+ 5mans. Although ill always support LFR, i DO think it's time that the devs develop more of a sink or swim mindset when it comes to difficulty. We didnt get our hands held in vanilla/tbc, and we've had 4 expansions for the new players to "git gud". I see nothing wrong with turning the knob up on em.
    I have a sinking feeling with the garrison returning and them doubling down on it in terms of rewards... I think its over.... What hope I had is pretty much gone. I will be in legion to raid and maybe dungeons. I tasted private servers though. I felt a taste of what wow was when it was great again when I log into live now I feel almost a sense of loss with what the game has been reduced to.

I think we are past the tipping point. I don't know what is going to come next but my hope for it is rather sparse. Feel kind like sans from undertale to be honest.. Can't we just go back and forget about all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I don't believe I ever said that but you can't create a toxic environment and then expect the players to behave like saints.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    So much this. I'll take the FFXIV "community" over anything I've seen in WoW (even back in the days) anyday.
    Since I've spent quite a bit of time in FFXIV recently I've been surprised how the community is compared to how WoW was/is from TBC when I started playing to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I have a sinking feeling with the garrison returning and them doubling down on it in terms of rewards... I think its over.... What hope I had is pretty much gone. I will be in legion to raid and maybe dungeons. I tasted private servers though. I felt a taste of what wow was when it was great again when I log into live now I feel almost a sense of loss with what the game has been reduced to.

I think we are past the tipping point. I don't know what is going to come next but my hope for it is rather sparse. Feel kind like sans from undertale to be honest.. Can't we just go back and forget about all this?

I'm gonna reserve my judgement till after ive played. Im forever a hopeful optimistic. Or maybe im just easily entertained. Or maybe just both lol

7+ Year Old Account
    The title of the thread asks about WoW's community, but then goes right into a tired rant about old game mechanics? OP then accuses the first person to disagree with them to be illiterate... The irony

Will I ever be able to play and make friends the same way I did when I was 10 again?
    Things age, things change.
    Take off the rose-coloured glasses and live in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Oh there are always going to be assholes, but the main difference between now and then is that before there were systems in place that prevented people from getting away with toxic behavior with no repercussions.

One of Blizzards biggest fuck ups was cross realms, it completely destroyed realm identities. They should have just merged them rather then dilute them further by saying hey now you are playing with all these other realms who have people you have no idea who the fuck are and don't give two shits about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about, I never had to rely on anyone to level up a character.

Oh yeah, welfare epics blahblah YAWN.
    I dont get it either! Never had a problem exept durn the hunger, ring og blood and a few other grp quest. Wasnt there a few grp quest in silithius aswell in Vanilla?