Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    An unwanted note written on your property from some minimum wage food worker mocking you for your choice is completely alright?
    That just completely ignores the rest of the discussion. Like the fact that Starbucks baristas are supposed to write shit on your cup, and to fraternize with customers.

But honestly, if this level of butthurt is the new normal, I'm getting the fuck off this planet as soon as I can. It's going down.

I thought Florida Man only drank real water from the Everglades, wtf is this Starbucks shit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Person makes joke that somebody else doesn't like and now a company is apologizing over what should be nothing.

News at 11.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Person makes joke that somebody else doesn't like and now a company is apologizing over what should be nothing.

News at 11.
    And setting a very shitty precedent for the future. Where adults are no longer able to properly deal with minor emotional upsets without crying to a higher authority for vindication.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That just completely ignores the rest of the discussion. Like the fact that Starbucks baristas are supposed to write shit on your cup, and to fraternize with customers.

But honestly, if this level of butthurt is the new normal, I'm getting the fuck off this planet as soon as I can. It's going down.
    I don't go to Starbucks so I don't know the companies policy, but in this situation it seems like common sense manners. It is not butthurt. It's just a customer bringing attention that they as a person and a customer were mistreated by the uncaring and inappropriate comments of the employee.

- - - Updated - - -

And setting a very shitty precedent for the future. Where adults are no longer able to properly deal with minor emotional upsets without crying to a higher authority for vindication.

You make it seem like people complaining to the owners of the business over the mistreatment of them by their employees is something new.

You can't be serious.

I don't go to Starbucks so I don't know the companies policy, but in this situation it seems like common sense manners. It is not butthurt. It's just a customer bringing attention that they as a person and a customer were mistreated by the uncaring and inappropriate comments of the employee.
    Please tell me you're bating. Please tell me that nobody actually believes themselves when they say something like that. If this is true, I hereby declare our society unsalvagable.

- - - Updated - - -

You make it seem like people complaining to the owners of the business over the mistreatment of them by their employees is something new.

You can't be serious.
    Mistreatment? Are you fucking joking?

You must be new here. Welcome to 21st century America.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Please tell me you're bating. Please tell me that nobody actually believes themselves when they say something like that. If this is true, I hereby declare our society unsalvagable.

- - - Updated - - -

Mistreatment? Are you fucking joking?
    Having an employee write a note on property that I purchased mocking me and making light of diabetes would be considered normal mistreatment.

I am not sure how you were raised, or if your parent's took the time to instill manners in you, but it's pretty normal when your purchase something, that the person serving you doesn't start writing on your property, comments that mock your decision to purchase the item or infer you will get a disease.

I am shocked you cannot see this very basic fact.

"DUI here I come", written on a drink at bar. Is that alright?
    "A couple more of these and it's electric scooter time" written on a burger wrapper from a fast food chain. Is that alright?
    "Time to slut it up and be a whore tonight" written on the package of high heels by the salesperson. Is that alright?

Why is this still discussed? It's nothing to get upset about really. ONE person out of seven billion got a bit upset at Starbucks, wanted an apology, got the apology. Move on (?), the reason this is even a thread is because the OP wants to hear people cry about how the world is ending because "SJWs".

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Why is this still discussed? It's nothing to get upset about really. ONE person out of seven billion got a bit upset at Starbucks, wanted an apology, got the apology. Move on (?), the reason this is even a thread because the OP wants to hear people cry about how the world is ending because "SJWs".
    Exactly. He gets upset about someone he doesn't know, and spends more time complaining about it than the guy did.

Him creating a life for himself on MMO-C complaining about other people complaining doesn't really bode well for him escaping personal embarrassment from the rest of the community towards him.

Also, irony isn't Ghelds strong suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I find this paragraph particularly interesting:

“Starbucks strives to provide an inclusive and positive experience for our customers, and were disappointed to learn of this incident. We are working directly with the customer to apologize for his experience, and with our partners (employees) to ensure this does not happen again,” a company rep told the network.

Each and every time there's a 'scandal' for a company they use almost the exact same wording in an attempt to defuse the situation. I know it's all PR speak but it feels very clinical. It's such a shame that companies aren't allowed to communicate in such a way as to suggest that there's actual people with different thoughts and feelings in charge.
    $bux partner here, our weekly boring bullshit comes out on Mondays, but the DM was in today and mentioned stores with print out labels must put the person's name in the register, and there should be an 'update' on Monday's info packet. It's mostly a thing at high volume stores and at drive thru stores, instead of marking cups it prints out the label and you stick it on the cup,
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

59 grams of sugar. Holy fuck.

I have to cut down on the Starbucks. This is killing me, probably literally.

You must be new here. Welcome to 21st century America.
    Implying that customers haven't complained before about mistreatment from their employees, and now suddenly tying that to "OMG EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SO SENSITIVE" crying.

Please explain to me how someone complaining in 1995 is different than today. Explain how someone complaining in 1943 is different than today. Explain how someone complaining in 1886 is different than today.

Exactly. He gets upset about someone he doesn't know, and spends more time complaining about it than the guy did.

Him creating a life for himself on MMO-C complaining about other people complaining doesn't really bode well for him escaping personal embarrassment from the rest of the community towards him.

Also, irony isn't Ghelds strong suit.
    Now Gheld didn't create this thread. But most of the OPs to these types of threads just throw it out there and never come back to discuss it. They don't really care, they just want to spread stories that legitimize their own standpoint, in this case that there's some SJW epidemic.

Implying that customers haven't complained before about mistreatment from their employees, and now suddenly tying that to "OMG EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SO SENSITIVE" crying.

Please explain to me how someone complaining in 1995 is different than today. Explain how someone complaining in 1943 is different than today. Explain how someone complaining in 1886 is different than today.
    Well, everyone is hyper-sensitive in this day and age, and while complaining is one thing, demanding repercussions or apologies for something like writing on a cup is a bit silly. Honestly I don't see why people always have to be so dang sensitive about everything. Why get upset at things? Especially things that don't really matter, like mere words? What good does it do for anyone?

Well, everyone is hyper-sensitive in this day and age, and while complaining is one thing, demanding repercussions or apologies for something like writing on a cup is a bit silly. Honestly I don't see why people always have to be so dang sensitive about everything. Why get upset at things? Especially things that don't really matter, like mere words? What good does it do for anyone?
    One could argue that the people that complain about this kind of stuff have other issues in their life and need something to blame.

Deleted
    the starbucks employees have a bad taste of humor for sure good they apologized for that

An unwanted note written on your property from some minimum wage food worker mocking you for your choice is completely alright?
    I've seen all kinds of attempts at humor jokes written or said. I guess you can take it one of two ways. The guy was just making a joke or he was insulting you. I tend to find the humor in things, so I would have giggled at the joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    And ignore man children with no social skills.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I find this paragraph particularly interesting:

“Starbucks strives to provide an inclusive and positive experience for our customers, and were disappointed to learn of this incident. We are working directly with the customer to apologize for his experience, and with our partners (employees) to ensure this does not happen again,” a company rep told the network.

Each and every time there's a 'scandal' for a company they use almost the exact same wording in an attempt to defuse the situation. I know it's all PR speak but it feels very clinical. It's such a shame that companies aren't allowed to communicate in such a way as to suggest that there's actual people with different thoughts and feelings in charge.
    There's nothing illegal about having a little less... dry press release. Your problem is assuming that there are people with thoughts and feelings in charge, however. The incidence rate of psychopathy among top businessmen is hundreds of times higher than the background incidence rate in the general population.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation